The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Still at it/ Humvee scenery object thread

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

An "Up-Armored" version with gun turret.

-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
dinovandoorn

Post by dinovandoorn »

Hi,

Are we going to see those Humvee's in action in a package soon ? or are we only teased on those nice pictures ?? And what about Pope AFB...
in August you mentioned that it would be alive in one of these days in August... but nothing yet :-(

Looking forward to your projects.
Dino
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Nick, you crack me up mate!

(This issue is an ongoing inside joke at MAIW for sure these days!!)
Last edited by MIKE JG on 30 Jan 2008, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

dinovandoorn wrote:Hi,

Are we going to see those Humvee's in action in a package soon ? or are we only teased on those nice pictures ?? And what about Pope AFB...
in August you mentioned that it would be alive in one of these days in August... but nothing yet :-(

Looking forward to your projects.
Dino
There were static scenery versions of the basic Humvee models released as part of the scenery enhancements with the Andrews AFB (89th AW) and IDF Part 1 packages. So they are already "in action" so to speak.

As far as using them as AI or moving scenery, I haven't gotten around to that just yet. Eventually I'll get something put together.

As always with everything we do at MAIW, we are all volunteers who work at our own pace on the things that make us happy. The Humvees are completed as far as using them for scenery objects. Only thing I haven't done is gotten a good camo scheme paint kit put together to texture another set for use.

As far as Pope goes, the scenery is roughly 70% done, but it is heavy on frame rates because it is very detailed. I don't want to put something out that will result in the user's system turning into a slide show. So I'm looking into ways to improve frame rate performance while preserving the look of the scenery. The scenery has over 400 custom placed objects when you count the trees that I've included. So there is a lot of work in it, and I will finish it eventually. But for right now it is not a priority.

With a little patience you will be rewarded with the projects that I have been consumed with over the last couple of months. Trust me when I tell you that you, along with the rest of our community, will not be disappointed with what you are about to get your hands on for free! :wink:
-Mike G.

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Those are great objects, Mike

I guess I have to invite you to Germany for some months so that I finally see some Mercedes, Leopards and Fauns being done :wink:

Cheers,
Martin