The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Translation assistance please

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Translation assistance please

Post by awj112 »

I have downloaded several air bases from the www.german-virtual-airforce.de. I am trying to install Ramstein but the readme file is in German. Between what I remember of german and a translator, I have been able to sort out how to install the scenery with one exception. The hardened aircraft shelters are white. There is a passage in the readme file which says something about the scenery that I can't figure out.
ACHTUNG! Bitte alle Texturen aus Texture von Neuburg AB V1.0 die mit $ beginnen, unbedingt in das Haupttextureverzeichnes des FS packen!!! Sonst können diese unter Umständen nicht korrekt angezeigt werden.

What does "haupttextureverzeichnes" mean? What is the directory this passage is refering to? I have figured out that the textures that start with "$" go in a directory. I just can't figure out what directory.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

My German isnt great mate, but it looks as though you need the textures from Neuberg AB V1.0 which must be another scenery package, it is saying it wont work without these.

Anyone else elaborate, or correct me

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

sprocky should be able to help
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Here is the Babelfish translation. I don't think it's much help...lol

NOTE! Please all textures from Texture of new castle STARTING FROM V1.0 with $ begin, absolutely into the Haupttextureverzeichnes of the telex pack!!! Sometimes otherwise these cannot be indicated correctly.

KJ
Kevin Jarvis

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If I remember rightly, Kev. I found by accident that the $ textures have to go into the main fs9 texture folder rather than the Ramstein scenery folder. Try that.
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

CelticWarrior is right. So I will try my best:

"Haupttextureverzeichnis" is the "main texture folder"

Complete translation:

Note: Please copy all textures starting with $ from the Neuburg AB V1.0 texture folder into the FS main texture folder. Otherwise it could happen that they do not show up correctly.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for more translations :wink:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Thank you Jan. my own translation was nowhere near, glad I didn't post it LOL
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by awj112 »

That's what I thought. I still have some missing textures though. I'll keep investigating. Thanks for the help.
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

You're welcome. I think I read somewhere that Lago SE is required for their sceneries. I can't access their website as I am at work right now and it is blocked :roll:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by awj112 »

I found the problem. Looks like the scenery creator got lazy with the readme. While it did say that certan senery textures were necessary from the Neuburg AB V1.0 texture folder, the HAS textures are in the Ramstein texture folder which has the same Neuburg textures along with the HAS textures.

Now if I can just figure out how to stop the AI traffic from floating 10' off the ground while taxiing...

And does anyone know of a cheap (read free) means to change object textures from black to transparent?