The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

scenery buildings....

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
neil
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

scenery buildings....

Post by neil »

Hi gents

is there any chance of getting our / my hands on files to allow us / to put some of your buildings in our own private scenery?

i have several tools, one being ez-scenery, it recognises the MAIW coningsby scenery, it then allows me to place a building, but the building does not show up when i reboot fs9 (yes i did save the file) im guessing that 1: i should ask permission first 8)
2: we need some kind of master file

any help would be cool

cheers

Neil
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

On the main page in flightsim, did you go to the Setting/Addon Scenery to add you scenery?

Paul
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

I think he's asking for the scenery libraries that the MAIW scenery gurus use in our packages.

I would think that most of the stuff is available at the big download sites. But as you know, some of the guys have been and are in the process of adding new scenery.
Kevin Jarvis

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Neil,

When you create an object library, you can optional define an area where these objects are allowed to be placed. For this reason you can e.g. not place the Statue of Liberty or the Tour Eifel elsewhere.

I expect that this has been done for the Coningsby Scenery.

If you install the Osan AFb package, all objects in the Osan Lib BGL can be placed anywhere and will show up. As long as you enrich your private scenery this should be perfectly ok. If it is your intention to use MAIW objects in a scenery you make available you definitely should ask for permission.

I know that you tries to do just this. :wink: If I am not mistaken, Mike JG is the creator of the scenery objects. Contact him directly.

Have you seen this , btw? http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... sc&start=0
Graham is not shy to share his work, and his work is absolutely stunning and outstanding. It is still to be released though.

Cheers,
Martin
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Hello Neil,

Yes for your own purposes you may use anything we release as long as it doesn't leave your computer.

If you are looking to use objects that come as part of MAIW releases for a release of your own, we'll have to talk about it first.

I am not opposed to the idea as long as proper credit is given, file names stay the same etc. But we would need to discuss it first.

We are working on putting together comprehensive object libraries, myself and John Stinstrom for the most part are creating and compiling buildings, hangars and all sorts of stuff to be used.

I think what we don't want is someone to use our objects to make a scenery that we are planning on doing ourselves. So that's where the coordination would come into play.

By all means if you have a scenery that you would like to create or just enhance using MAIW objects, please feel free to send me a PM.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log