The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Disappearing Traffic at BAe Warton

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Disappearing Traffic at BAe Warton

Post by BLACKCAT »

I'll start this by saying that I've not observed this phenomenon at any other airfield in my FS9 world.

Some time ago, when the Typhoons first came out, I scheduled one to depart Warton (EGNO) for an IFR TNG at Isle of Man before going on to Valley. After departure from RW07 at Warton the aircraft commenced a left turn en route to IOM and at around 2000' simply disappeared.

This evening, I've put one of Nick Black's superb GR9s in at Warton, departing just after the Typhoon but this time direct to Valley. Guess what? It starts a left turn to Valley and around 2000' disappears.

Here's the first line of the Typhoon sortie:
// Royal Air Force Typhoon F2 BAe Warton
AC#267,ZH588,1%,WEEK,IFR,1/08:00,TNG1/08:40,030,F,0267,EGNS,1/08:42,1/09:02,020,F,0267,EGOV,1/10:00,1/10:22,020,F,0267,EGNO

and here's the Harrier's:
// Royal Air Force Harrier GR9, BAe Warton
AC#902,ZD320,50%,WEEK,IFR,1/07:59:32,1/08:22:27,020,F,0040,EGOV,1/09:57:22,1/10:20:17,020,F,0040,EGNO

I can't see anything wrong. Any ideas or clues as to what's going on?

Thanks
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Firstly, can I ask how you are observing the AI aircraft? Also can I confirm that the aircraft just disappears rather than flies into the ground?

One thing that I would like to suggest is that having IFR flights that low whilst realistic in real world operations may not work as you want in the FS9 game engine. Have you tried making the flights VFR to see if that makes any difference?
Steve
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Thanks. The aircraft disappear - period. I shall try changing the altitudes and then the VFR option and let you know the results. trafficViewboard is the viewing medium but, as I said, I've never seen this disappearing act at any other time.
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

OK - I've tried VFR, IFR, high level, low level, removing the TNG element at IOM, tried a direct leg to IOM, allocated a different aircraft, and every time the same thing happens - the aircraft disappears.

Now when I say disappears this is what happens: (using Typhoon) the aircraft starts its turn to the west and between 11 and 13 secs after the burners cut out the aircraft vanishes. When watched in Tower view mode, the view follows the now invisible aircraft earthward to its crash site.

The Harrier performed normaly when changed to IFR but more later.

All this happens of RW07. I put in a SWerly wind to get the aircraft off RW25 and.........perfection. IFR, VFR, high, low, the aircraft are there all the way.

So, have I stumbled across a FS9 'hole' in the virtual space/time continuum that is located about 5 miles northeast of Warton. Not only does the aircraft disappear but also the flightplan vanishes too - the aircraft never show up at distination.

Comments from the flightplan/TTools experts?
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Something like...... Bermuda Triangle :?: :shock: :?:
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Could it be a problem with the next location?

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Nope, don't think so because as I've said, when the flights launch from RW23 they behave perfectly normally and arrive at destination. I can only think that there must be some interaction with an AI area boundary or something; what is curious is the deletion of the flightplan coincident with the aircraft disappearing.