The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Problem at Leeuwarden EHLW

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Problem at Leeuwarden EHLW

Post by bismarck »

Ok....here I am with some problems...(for FS9)

Downloaded Leeuwarden package from Graham's site, the included afcad is compatible with NL2000 scenery but I'd prefer not to use it.It's 21Gb and I really don't fly in the Netherlands so often.

Searched for a good EHLW AFCAD but.....

ehlw-v20.zip by Marcel Ritzema:
Quite good scenery, but the aircrafts float at 1,5m from ground :(

af2_ehlw.zip by Focus AI
There is not an exclude file,so I've trees into the parking spots :( :(

lwdabupd.zip by Gijsbrecht van Batum
Same as the above :( :( :(

I thought....It's time to start learn something about Exlude files... :idea:

Downloaded SBuilder, installed but it doesn't start.The error is as follow:

Run-time error '339'
Component 'COMDLG32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid :x

Try another way....

Downloaded excbuilderv2.zip,downloaded and installed sdk_bglcomp needed for Exclude Builder,run it, and the result is.....:
Component 'COMDLG32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid :x :x

Not yet tried the method suggested by BadPvtDan http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... ht=exclude

The only addon scenery I have in that area is Ultimate Terrain (at the lowest possible level)

So...here are the questions:

1) Has someone experienced the same problem with scenery/AFCADs mentioned above?
2) I have the same error message for both Sbuilder and Exclude Builder.I think I've some problem on my PC, any idea?
3) Can't remember (and not yet searched) the name of the utility that can modify the high of a scenery or afcad

Thanks in advance, Giorgio
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

I had the opposite problem, my aircraft were sunk into the runway, I fixed it by removing the mesh that came with UT Europe, now all is good.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problem at Leeuwarden EHLW

Post by Ford Friendly »

bismarck wrote:So...here are the questions:

1) Has someone experienced the same problem with scenery/AFCADs mentioned above?
2) I have the same error message for both Sbuilder and Exclude Builder.I think I've some problem on my PC, any idea?
3) Can't remember (and not yet searched) the name of the utility that can modify the high of a scenery or afcad
The floating or sunken aircraft problem - when I had it in FS9 - I usually fixed using JABBGL (by Jacky Brouze) available from avsim. This was a result of differences in the default afcad elevation and the mesh elevation at the airport, apparently.

In FSX, I use SBuilderX to make the appropriate adjustment and ensure that flattens and the afcad elevation are the same (the only "problem" being that SBuilderX wants altitude in meters while AFX/afcad wants it in feet.).

The key with Exclude Builder is ensuring that you get accurate lat/lon coords for the appropriate corners. FWIW, making excludes is greatly simplified in AFX - click and drag to make and place exclude rectangles - but it's payware.

Good luck.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Ok, thanks for now. I'll give it a try.
What I don't understand is why the two utilities don't run.... :evil:

Ciao.
Sloeber
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sloeber »

Try googling on 'COMDLG32.ocx' ...
You'll find numerous sites and tips on how to register that file correctly in windows, and what its for...
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Sloeber wrote:Try googling on 'COMDLG32.ocx' ...
Done and resolved problem at least for Exclude builder.

Thanks
DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

Tried the JABBGL program but I'm a bit unsure as to how to use it!!.

If the aircraft are floating, do I raise the elevation, or lower it?, what I have tried upto now has had no effect.
default elv. for EHLW in the above scenery is 1.218M, I made it 0.5M and saw no difference!, do I need to make bigger changes?

Many thanks.

DaveB
bassiejj1994
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bassiejj1994 »

I have given it a try too. But the aircraft still floats. I don't know what is wrong? Plz I need some help :oops:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Without looking at the components specifically, the problem is normally that the default afcad heights are different to the height of the addon scenery afcad.
Please note that there are more than one height that may need amending, airfield height, runway heights. What you have to do is make the default and the addon one speak as one. So you normally bring the default to the same level as the addon.

There is sometimes a problem with the scenery compilation which you won't be able to fix, the older the scenery the more likely the problem, but lets worry about that if it happens.
Steve
bassiejj1994
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bassiejj1994 »

All is exactly the same. I still don't know how I can solve this problem
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

In which case it does sound like it might be a scenery compilation issue, how old is it?
Also to try and confirm this if you deactivate the scenery and use the afcad on its own do the aircraft still float?
Steve