The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

UK Weapon ranges

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

UK Weapon ranges

Post by VulcanDriver »

AVSIM have got FS9 scenery for some weapon range sin the UK. These are used by both RAF and USAF aircraft.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
billby
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by billby »

What is the link for the download? :)
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

It's on Avsim's front page new files list today - file name is uk-weapons_ranges.zip
Which way is up?
billby
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by billby »

Thank You :D
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

Strange, I've had that scenery for nearly two years IIRC. Never found out where it was from though. It lies too, Spadeadam is NOT modelled in any way!
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Maybe someone decided not to include Spadeadam as it's not a weapons range :) A shame not to include it though.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Actually Spadeadam is a weapons range. Although it is more an electronic range, there are one or two days a year when live drops are carried out - they have some derelict T-33's and tanks for targets. Went a couple of times when health was better and it was nice seeing aircraft doing low level attacks on the simulated base, with "smokey" SAMs being fired. Didn't go during the live fire days though - too scared!

Getting back to the scenery, the "read-me" does say that not all the UK Ranges are represented. Otterburn is there.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

Fair enough then if it says so in the Readme, I only looked at the map with it, which shows Spadeadam. :)

As for your comments about the activity for the FAC, all I can say is I totally agree, awesome stuff, makes for some decent photo opps too. 8)
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

The up comming Jag and Tornado package will have waypoints simulating the bombing ranges at Donna Nook, Holbeach (North and South)and Pembury these were produced by UKMil AI. I am not sure if there are waypoints for Spadeadam and Tain

Gary
Stpaddy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Stpaddy »

Just for the record, the QinetiQ Range off the west coast of South Uist in the Hebrides is also used for live firings.

:D
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by awj112 »

Does anyone have a map of the locations? I have installed the ranges but I have no idea where they are.