The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RSAF Tengah AB

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
jgibson_sniper

RSAF Tengah AB

Post by jgibson_sniper »

I am looking for any aerial photos, or diagram, printed or, hand drawn- if you know the layout of the base, to make an AFCAD. I have been all over the web and there is nothing. I even looked under RAF Tengah and there are some old photos, but nothing which could help me make an AFCAD. I started one with the best I could get from Google earth, but I don’t think its right. I got the runway information, but that’s all. Any information will help.
jgibson_sniper

Post by jgibson_sniper »

anyone.....................................didn't think so.
sq_A380
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sq_A380 »

Try this...not very up to date and informative but gives you some idea.
http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb/opencms/ ... _wsat.html
jgibson_sniper

Post by jgibson_sniper »

Just what I was looking for. I know there is more to the base then the diagram shows, but its a big help. Thanks a lot.
magic1085
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by magic1085 »

Google Earth will show you all that you seek to know...
sq_A380
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sq_A380 »

The Tengah Airbase photo in GE is very blur and has very low resolution such that you can only make out the runway.
jgibson_sniper

Post by jgibson_sniper »

Here’s a screen shot of the base. You can see that there is more to the base then the diagram shows, but it is very difficult to make any of it out. The Red lines shows additional taxiways and possible ramp spots.
Attachments
Tengah_2.JPG
Tengah_2.JPG (67.99 KiB) Viewed 662 times
sq_A380
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sq_A380 »

Those are likely to be where the fighters park, notice the same type of taxiways at Paya Lebar.
sq_A380
Cadet
Cadet

Post by sq_A380 »

Hey I just found out the GE has been updated at the place where TAB is, now a much clearer photo. go check it out
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Jake,

How did you get along with this airfield, have you succeeded in producing an AFCAD for it?

Regards,

Cary
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

I think i saw a Tengah addon over at Simviation, i dont know if it is the base you are looking for though...

Just search for tengah and you will find it.

Here is a quote from the file description:

"WSAT Tengah Airforce Base is a small military airbase located on the western side of the tiny island of Singapore. It is the main base for the Republic of Singapore Air Force's (RSAF) F16 Falcons, E2 Hawkeyes, and the A4 Skyhawks. This is a fictional depiction of an actual airbase in Singapore. WSAT is unuseable and dormant in the default FS2K2 scenery. So this scenery, created using FSSC, makes WSAT functional and active with ILS enabled. The whole scenery is framerate friendly and looks great at night with pulsating approach lights. There's also an additional makeshift runway made out of a public road, (ie. Lim Chu Kang Road) for touch and gos like in real-life, and with night lighting too! PLUS- AFCAD files provided for WSAP, WSAT, WMKB, WMKD and WMSA. Up and coming: other sceneries of airbases in southeast asia. Sharizal "Wirana" Zahrin. 3.1MB"
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Thanks swimeye,

I just downloaded that package, it's a FS2002 that allegedly works in FS2004. However, I'm looking to import into FSX, I'll give it a go, but I have a feeling that it won't work.

I'll report back.

:)
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."