Search found 179 matches

by rocket_26_
11 Feb 2019, 16:32
Forum: JYAI
Topic: ACG Airbase Color Blend
Replies: 10
Views: 526

Re: ACG Airbase Color Blend

Goodday Gentlemen, Ian thank you for making me aware of the P3d specific version of Lakenheath. It is again a one of your masterpieces. However, there is an texture issue at the end of the Runway. There is a large untextured grey square present. It looks as though this area was meant to be excluded...
by rocket_26_
09 Feb 2019, 18:16

Alconbury was the next airbase I installed. Haha, Love that scenery. After seeing the sad state of its appearance in the Regional scenery, it was a must to get your version installed! I found the same autogen issue that you spoke of. Ian, did you get a weird red and black blob-artifact North West o...
by rocket_26_
09 Feb 2019, 12:27

Ok, turning off the PR does make the two air bases blend better for sure. Alignment with the ORBX PR is pretty close so no real concerns there. The disadvantage though is that now we have ORBX buildings occupying the same space as the custom ACG ones. Not horrible in most cases, but not pretty eith...
by rocket_26_
08 Feb 2019, 17:13

I am currently downloading the ORBX south photo scenery as we speak actually. The Twin bases is a case of removing the files John mentioned and my Coningsby should be simple to remove the photo tiles also. I think its named CGY_PHOTO.bgl. Lakenheath and Alconbury has higher (I imagine at least as hi...
by rocket_26_
06 Oct 2018, 07:29
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Lakenheath FSX - Newbie
Replies: 4
Views: 495

Re: Lakenheath FSX - Newbie

I have noticed that there seem to be no functioning runway/taxiway ligts in EGUL, did i do something wrong, or is it just the way that is? If you are using FSX then I have no idea why the lights are not showing? If you are using the FSX version in P3D then the lights will not show and you will need...
by rocket_26_
13 Sep 2018, 17:01
Topic: Panavia Tornado
Replies: 282
Views: 16384

Re: Panavia Tornado

They look superb John. I like many others have been waiting for a new Tornado model with various load-outs so I am really pleased to see these. It will give me a kick to get back on the Cottesmore scenery which I made a start on at the start of the year. I have also slowly been updating Coningsby fo...
by rocket_26_
03 Sep 2018, 17:18
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Tornado for P3D V4
Replies: 17
Views: 1356

Re: Tornado for P3D V4

I've made a start on the model. There is no way I can match the exiting texture mapping without doing what you tried and matching it poly for poly and that's something I don't want to be constrained by. It sounds like a breach of copyright in any case. John Thats great news John. Are you modelling ...
by rocket_26_
24 Feb 2018, 09:13
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D
Replies: 167
Views: 15325

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Only just seen this. That texture is unused in the scenery and was placed in there by mistake. A new P3D V4 version will be uploaded soon with some of the initial errors fixed.
by rocket_26_
02 Jan 2018, 19:45
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Retro RAF Alconbury
Replies: 46
Views: 2758

Re: Retro RAF Alconbury

I've just amended the AFX file to show under United Kingdom. Typing EGWZ always brought Alconbury up straight away on my system to be fair.
by rocket_26_
29 Dec 2017, 13:34

Hi

I have just tried to replicate your problem but I cant seem to see it with the FSX SP2 at least.
The FSX version is not something that I have tested in depth as I do not support or use FSX anymore.

Cheers

Ian
by rocket_26_
28 Dec 2017, 16:12

Hi

A FSX version will be uploaded very soon. In the meantime it can be downloaded from this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ty73mbmh0 ... %20FSX.zip

Cheers

Ian
by rocket_26_
27 Dec 2017, 21:04

Just a quick note. The file has been re uploaded due to a aircraft crash from some users. So I have removed all crash boxes to be safe.

Cheers

Ian
by rocket_26_
26 Dec 2017, 17:29

Its only supported for V4 but I have tried it in P3D V3 and it seems to work fine in that sim. It will not work in FSX, if I release a FSX version the night lights will not function as intended and it is too much work to re engineer them unfortunatly. As mentioned in a earlier post I am no longer de...
by rocket_26_
06 Dec 2017, 19:58
Topic: FSX/P3D RAF Alconbury
Replies: 20
Views: 2051

Re: FSX/P3D RAF Alconbury

Indeed great news! As far I can remember you did also the scenery for FS9 a couple of years ago? Nope, I didn't build the scenery for FS9. Others may have? I stopped building for FS9 a few years ago and this to be honest will be my last for FSX. I will only be designing for P3D V3 on wards going fo...
by rocket_26_
06 Dec 2017, 19:56

As John says it will include a traffic pack featuring both of Johns fantastic AI models of the A-10 and the Tr-1A. The traffic is from 1989 which is line with the Twin Bases AI package. It will be generated to only use RETRO bases (although they may not be in the sim) as well as the usual waypoints ...
by rocket_26_
03 Dec 2017, 07:11

Wow!! very nice scenery. Any news about this one? Edwin Hi Edwin The scenery is almost finished. I am just doing the final touches and documentation and it will be released before Christmas. :wink: There will be a FSX and a P3D V4 coded version. Cheers Ian PS I will be also releasing a update for L...
by rocket_26_
20 Aug 2017, 14:46
Topic: Is there a list of P3D v4 AI military aircarft?
Replies: 9
Views: 683

Re: Is there a list of P3D v4 AI military aircarft?

I am just starting the move over to V4 as well. So far what I have seen : JMAI B52 - Does not work, does not appear. MAIW F16 - Does not work (crashes my sim) MAIW Hawk - Works New HTAI F16 - Works New HTAI C130 - Works New JAI P3- Works MAIW NBAI Apache - Kinda works, lods look strange. MAIW FMAI ...
by rocket_26_
20 Aug 2017, 13:18
Topic: A-10 Thunderbolt II
Replies: 242
Views: 14283

Re: A-10 Thunderbolt II

Hello John kindly sent me the FSX coded A-10s to test. Here are a few screens in P3D V4 at Alconbury. They look amazing and hard to believe they are a AI model. The animations look nice too. https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/57a1/p759qfeto0hfb1d4g.jpg https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8403/tcmaq77ai...
by rocket_26_
20 Aug 2017, 09:52
Topic: Is there a list of P3D v4 AI military aircarft?
Replies: 9
Views: 683

Re: Is there a list of P3D v4 AI military aircarft?

So the new MAIW block 50 F-16's will not work in v4? But the original HTAI F-16's do work? That is surprising, I would of thought it would be the other way around. Could the invisible KC-135 be because of a missing (or a wrong) alpha channel? I know in FS9 when there is a invisible plane I would ad...
by rocket_26_
18 Aug 2017, 15:45
Topic: JYAI F-111's
Replies: 15
Views: 1286

Re: JYAI F-111's

Woogey wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 05:17
Mr. John Young,

Would it be possible to configure the Aardvarks to park swept back some how?
Looking at my aerial images of Upper Heyford most are parked swept forward.
They did however taxi with wings swept back until hold short /last chance prior to takeoff.