The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 16 matches

by andras1021
16 Aug 2018, 13:47
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: landing/taxi lights
Replies: 5
Views: 896

Re: landing/taxi lights

In my case, it works only with the landing lights. Also in order to have the landing lights work, I had to assign a material to the landing light polygons called light-Landing which was either there or must have programmed years ago. The denomination light_landing alone did not work. Maybe it´s the ...
by andras1021
16 Aug 2018, 05:04

Re: landing/taxi lights

Thanks John.

Is it correct that the taxi lights do not generate the light cone on the ground in FS9?

Andras
by andras1021
14 Aug 2018, 21:46

landing/taxi lights

Good evening, I am working to get taxi lights and landing lights to work on one of my models. It seems that I have forgotten how this actually works and the FSDS handbook is inexistent on this point. Also, I remember that these lights have always been a weak point in FS9 and X. It got better when th...
by andras1021
20 Jul 2018, 15:15
Topic: aircraft cover
Replies: 4
Views: 751

Re: aircraft cover

John, I noticed tat my models are getting heavier and hevaier the older I am getting. While my Pipers were under 2000 polies in the main model, the newer ones have around 2500, thus, with the cover around 3000. Of course, if you only put one plane with a cover on an airfield it does not make much of...
by andras1021
20 Jul 2018, 06:24
Topic: aircraft cover
Replies: 4
Views: 751

aircraft cover

Good Morning, while working on some of the lower LODs of one of my models I thought about doing a cover for the plane and I will definietly need one for my Bücker. Now the cover would cover pats of the cowling, the windshield and parts of the fuselage. I thought about doing this while keeping the po...
by andras1021
14 Jun 2018, 11:21
Topic: xml support needed
Replies: 22
Views: 2686

Re: xml support needed

Hi,

this is to say that I am going to upload a Diamond DA40 ai model to avsim today (in case someone is interested). Model comes in different variants and should work for FS9, FSX and there will also be a P3D variant.

Andras
by andras1021
12 Jun 2018, 07:20

Just coming back to what Weescotty wrote before. Could not I use a tick18 animation to have the plane slalom? Then is there a way to connect such a tick 18 animation with another value like speed. Hence, do the tick18 between 5 and 15 knots or something like it? Re Firebird: I was flying Bueckers fo...
by andras1021
12 Jun 2018, 05:08

Thx,

so, I stay with the elevators up when taxiing.

Andras
by andras1021
11 Jun 2018, 08:29

Good morning again, While I am working myself through my old prototypes I noticed a nice little Buecker Jungmann in my hangar. It´s a biplane from the 1930s that was widely used by Germany but also by the Swiss, the Spanish etc. Replicas are still being built. I know it´s not exactly an F35 but thes...
by andras1021
30 May 2018, 08:22

aaah, ok this rings a bell. Thanks
by andras1021
29 May 2018, 08:48

I believe it was ctrl + something, only I do not remember the key anymore.
by andras1021
28 May 2018, 18:12

ok, thanks. This is great information and I had no idea about this. Now, I just encountered one more problem that is much more basic. I split the fuselage of a model in half to get a better grip on the modeling. Now, I do not remember any more the key combination for merging two or more selected poi...
by andras1021
25 May 2018, 09:50

Are you saying that gear compression is a stock animation that works for ai as well? oh my.. I had no idea. Regarding the lights, I really have to go back to the flightsim and check. Maybe it´s too long ago. I thought the nav lights come on just before the engine starts turning, or is this only in V...
by andras1021
23 May 2018, 11:03

John, I have never tried an animation which is time dependent. I agree with your conclusion that a timed animation dependent on the use of the beacon or nav lights could do the trick and would also apply to any prop start. If you don t use the standard prop animation you could as well use the animat...
by andras1021
22 May 2018, 07:15

Thanks, just to follow up here:

has anybody ever tried to code an engine start up of a twin plane with one engine starting before the other. I need to say that it bothers me that they props always start spining at the same time.

Andras
by andras1021
21 May 2018, 13:19

xml support needed

Hi there, several years ago, I made some ai models including xml animations. Then my system crashed and from there everything went south. Some months ago, I needed to reactivate the computer and it worked. Then by chance I found my old FSDS and several GA models I had not finished. Now, I thought ab...