Search found 7408 matches

by Firebird
18 Dec 2007, 22:49
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: HAF F-4 Phantom
Replies: 34
Views: 1416

That is one hell of a nice paint job.

I would demand it, but I might actually get it if I just ask nicely :D. Please.
by Firebird
17 Dec 2007, 01:15
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI Creation
Replies: 4
Views: 344

OK, there are various aspects to creating a traffic bgl. 1. You must have an afcad that is capable of handling AI traffic. This means that it must have parking spots and you must have have routes built into your afcad that enable the aircraft to move between the runway and the parking spots. If you ...
by Firebird
14 Dec 2007, 17:58
Topic: Air Force one, and other heavies like the C-5
Replies: 9
Views: 521

Ttools is not hard to use, very simple in fact, but it should be stated that it does two things only. It compiles three text files into a working bgl for FS9 and it will decompile a compiled bgl into the three text files. You can easily set a default source folder so that it will save you time, you ...
by Firebird
09 Dec 2007, 01:13
Topic: AI Taxi Problem
Views: 326

There are a few things that can affect taxying, to try and discount some of the more obvious it might be helpful if you could attach a screenshot of the afcad showing the parking spots, taxiways and runway.
by Firebird
07 Dec 2007, 19:22
Topic: The BIGGEST AI?
Replies: 13
Views: 515

Kevin, where did you find the cammo scheme as it only comes with two aeroflot schemes?
by Firebird
07 Dec 2007, 12:46
Topic: The BIGGEST AI?
Replies: 13
Views: 515

I am surprised that the Russians only have 3 aircraft in service. Does anybody know if this is because others changed ownership with the break up of the SU?
by Firebird
03 Dec 2007, 21:01
Topic: Help indentifying RAF Crests
Replies: 7
Views: 246

Chaps,
I think that you will find that the one on the right is the 2 Group crest.
by Firebird
25 Nov 2007, 20:30
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Translation assistance please
Views: 229

If I remember rightly, Kev. I found by accident that the $ textures have to go into the main fs9 texture folder rather than the Ramstein scenery folder. Try that.
by Firebird
24 Nov 2007, 06:03
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: New AI KC-135?
Replies: 12
Views: 703

If it's what I think you mean, the camera distance and the size of the model in the fs9 menu is determined by aircraft radius. This can't be set in the aircraft.cfg file but it can be set in various tools including afcad, under the Tools > Aircraft Editor option. What I found out is that if the ther...
by Firebird
22 Nov 2007, 22:15
Topic: New Packages
Replies: 19
Views: 718

Exactly, mate. Very 1984 - if the populace doesn't know what is going on, you can't rebel against the system :lol: .
by Firebird
17 Nov 2007, 20:38
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: New AI KC-135?
Replies: 12
Views: 703

I don't know about that, but quite often model makers go to Graham to do their paints and paint kits. So the reality is that there can be quite a time difference between a screenshot on Grahams site and a model being released. As an example, much earlier in the year Graham had a screenshot of a Harr...
by Firebird
17 Nov 2007, 11:22
Topic: French Air Force A340 flightplans on avsim
Replies: 6
Views: 416

Should go very nicely with the new TFS A340-200 released yesterday.
by Firebird
15 Nov 2007, 13:31
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: How Many F-22s is enough?
Replies: 3
Views: 175

There is also the case of how far are you going to get stretched due to 'peacekeeping' duties as well. With the developmental costs of new aircraft going through the roof, the costs are passed on by the manufacturer spread over each aircraft bought. The higher the number purchased, the smaller the u...
by Firebird
10 Nov 2007, 21:16
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: New SAR Helicopters requried
Replies: 10
Views: 274

Yep, Don't forget that we had to beg for choppers off of the Danish Air Force as we had seriously under-estimated what we needed for our committments.
by Firebird
05 Nov 2007, 22:23
Topic: Voice Edit
Replies: 2
Views: 164

I think, and I think that this to be confirmed by others, that the simple answer is that it doesn't work in FSX (new version in the works though).

What you have to do is create your modded voicepack in FS9 and then copy it over manually.

Hope that helps.
by Firebird
11 Oct 2007, 18:05
Topic: AK f-15
Replies: 170
Views: 7415

Can't speak about Kadena but your Elmendorf desires may shortly be fulfilled :) .
by Firebird
10 Oct 2007, 22:03
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Problem at LIED (Decimomannu)
Replies: 15
Views: 697

Bismark,
I have no problem sending you what I have done on it so far, still haven't got around to finishing it.
I am on R&R in the States at the moment, so it will have to wait until I get back home in just over a week.
by Firebird
19 Sep 2007, 07:30
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Seymour Johnson AFB package by MAIW
Views: 2409

Glad its sorted, Mikey. How did you happen upon that fix?
by Firebird
18 Sep 2007, 23:11

Mikey, you added the S-J Eagles into your Lakenheath folder, so they are using the same fde. I have the same setup for mine as well so if its not happening to the LN birds then it has to be scenery based. We just have to find it. Do you have any mesh installed for that area?
by Firebird
17 Sep 2007, 12:41

Mikey, I have rechecked it myself and I have absolutely no problem. This leads me to believe that it is probably some other third party scenery and/or afcad that is causing the grief. What I would do is remove those afcads you mentioned from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder to somewhere safe, and t...