Search found 135 matches

by Jim
Yesterday, 13:30
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAF Leuchars FSX
Replies: 2
Views: 95

Re: RAF Leuchars FSX

Until Dale Ashcroft's P3D conversion of UKmil's (rafleu.zip) FS2004 scenery came out John, I used Orbx EU Scotland with extra parking edited in. If you don't have that, I'm wondering whether you could re-compile the P3D scenery for FSX? With the FS2004 models perhaps (as the P3D version needs the FS...
by Jim
23 Aug 2022, 14:27
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Post-Matrix P3D v4
Replies: 12
Views: 262

Re: Post-Matrix P3D v4

Hey Jim, So if I was to give you access to my FTP you could send all you have to me…. For personal use…? That way you would have a remote backup as well :) So long as that’s not going to cause any trouble.. Sean Glad you have a way to get them Sean, I have a pretty slow upload speed, so may do it i...
by Jim
23 Aug 2022, 11:41
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Post-Matrix P3D v4
Replies: 12
Views: 262

Re: Post-Matrix P3D v4

My sympathies Sean,
Having a fear of a hardware failure, I made a backup of my Matrix folders (and all my other stuff), but don't have a vanilla version. I've hacked it about with many updates, scenery changes and retro/modern splits.

In any case I don't have anywhere big enough to share it to.
Jim
by Jim
18 Aug 2022, 14:46
Topic: Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, add-on.xml problem
Replies: 3
Views: 109

Re: Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, add-on.xml problem

Cheers Tim! Fixed I think, though I don't know how. I'm guessing that when I disabled a couple of add-on packages and enabled another couple using Lorby, it re-wrote a .cfg file and fixed whatever was wrong with it. (Prior to that all I did was activate the "Enforce strict package law" as ...
by Jim
18 Aug 2022, 09:26
Topic: Mildenhall FSX
Replies: 4
Views: 211

Re: Mildenhall FSX

I have "MAIW RAF Mildenhall V2_Tony Dalton.zip", but it's 32Mb and can't attach here.

I guess I could email it?

Jim
by Jim
18 Aug 2022, 09:10
Topic: Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, add-on.xml problem
Replies: 3
Views: 109

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, add-on.xml problem

I appear to have broken my sim :cry: Most of my add-on scenery is no longer working. They are loaded via "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" in my user documents folder. Within that I have several add-on areas that I can enable/disable via the add-on button in P3D. This includes regional folders inserte...
by Jim
25 Jul 2022, 13:55
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mirage 2000 AI project for P3Dv4-5
Replies: 94
Views: 5860

Re: Mirage 2000 AI project for P3Dv4-5

What you describe sounds like a missing texture. Can you confirm that you re-installed everything from the original download package? To P3D users out there do you get issues at these two places? I thought I'd answered you yesterday Steve, but I couldn't have posted correctly. Just to say that I di...
by Jim
25 Jul 2022, 13:48
Topic: Anybody want more (simple) scenery?
Replies: 38
Views: 1303

Re: Anybody want more (simple) scenery?

Would be great if someone had a free-to-distribute object library of Chinese air base buildings. North Korea's Pyongyang Heliport seems to have been rebuilt and really needs some custom stuff too. Meanwhile I gave it these and look what turned up for the opening ceremony :D
by Jim
25 Jul 2022, 12:52

Last of the FS9 attachments, including asdro's requests.
by Jim
25 Jul 2022, 12:51

Seem limited to two attachments, so here are more FS9 versions.
by Jim
25 Jul 2022, 12:49

I do have updates queued for Asia. The three air bases asdro suggested, three North Korean helicopter bases (plus a POI suggestion of their runway through a hill), and four in the South China Sea. The latter have my kindergarten attempts at photo-scenery. Two of the four are not optional with stock ...
by Jim
25 Jul 2022, 11:22

I'll not update my European scenery library files with these, but here are a couple of extras. For P3Dv4.5, but hopefully ok for all P3D & FSX? Maristaeli Catania - Fontanarossa helicopter add-on for the stock LICC airport. I've called it "1ICC". Italy: N37* 27.5304',E15* 03.7554',12.1...
by Jim
22 Jul 2022, 23:02
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Tim's Trials...
Replies: 19
Views: 998

Re: Tim's Trials...

Jeez! Your cast iron work is the equal of your bricklaying :D
by Jim
14 Jul 2022, 20:44

Whoops! Apologies asdro in mis-typing your forum name a few days ago. I just noticed. I'd like to say it was the fault of autocorrect, but more likely late night Tu-22 coolant. I hope you can tweak Abu Dhabi Executive with ADE for FS9, and get Jon's police helicopters into "1MAD". Please r...
by Jim
11 Jul 2022, 13:26

OK, until I get around to asdro's other two, here's where I'm at. The FS9 version is untested. I recommend FSX users try my P3D versions (as FS9 versions have a few missing features); I hope they work without having to recompile in ADE. The terminal building I chose is from Lens EZ Airport Buildings...
by Jim
11 Jul 2022, 12:59

For the inappropriate surroundings problem, the easy answer is to use landclass polys in ADE to have autogenerated urban (or whatever) scenery around the airfield. Cheers Tim, Dunno what I was looking at before, but it's passable (for me) now. I have also tried your suggestion, but the landclasses ...
by Jim
11 Jul 2022, 12:54

Most people when they start scenery start with the stock afcads. Taking into account that a lot of places are just basic runway layouts and those with buildings are default lib objects placed almost haphazardly then there is no issue with making these available. What you are not doing is taking som...
by Jim
10 Jul 2022, 22:54

1MAD.JPG Capture.JPG Nice one, Jim. Cheers Steve, Can I ask you for some guidance? What is the policy on re-jigging stock scenery? Contrary to my quick reply to astro, I found it simplest to squeeze up the stock OMAD runway & taxiways to make them fit the real life background from Google Earth....
by Jim
09 Jul 2022, 16:30

Hi asdro, I don't mind making an attempt at them. In my ADE for P3D, I can see a very basic OMAD, but I'd probably start from scratch as its runway is too long. Abu Dhabi NE is in P3D as a runway only, but is coded "OM11", so I'd blank that with a dummy and make an OMAW from scratch. There...
by Jim
09 Jul 2022, 08:52

I've also uploaded some supplementary East Asian airfields.
One I forgot I had, one experimenting with a lagoon and 15 in China not previously done as they have no ICAO codes.

So no more excuses please about not doing PLAAF models and repaints 'cause there's nowhere to fly them to :smt005

Jim