The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 17 matches

by Tuskin38
09 Jan 2021, 22:19
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 408
Views: 38133

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

There are plenty of free tools out there that generate the .json files for you.
by Tuskin38
01 Jan 2021, 03:46

A user over on the Alpha India Golf forums had over 474 AI craft loaded in at once without crashing (killed their FPS though obviously). They were AI optimized models from FSX. https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=34391.msg348824#msg348824 Also the MSFS SDK 0.9.0 update brought in some...
by Tuskin38
27 Dec 2020, 21:03

Oh great I was waiting for this. It makes for a good complimentary editor to the in-sim one. The in sim one is better for MSFS because you have the satellite imagery right there to line up your scenery with, terrain edits on the fly without having to reopen the sim. But ADE is great for doing the in...
by Tuskin38
15 Dec 2020, 22:47

I have to disagree, the flying in MSFS feels a lot better than FSX/P3D. I found this program on FSDeveloper that can convert base MSFS2020 airports into SDK projects https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/official-airport-to-sdk-project-here-is-a-small-app-to-help-you-draft.450344/ I was using it...
by Tuskin38
01 Dec 2020, 18:18

I wonder how Asobo built their airports. Very few bases actually have Military parking assigned, most have those spaces labelled as 'GA'. I know some were built by AI, I assume most if not all military bases were handled that way, since I imagine they wouldn't be high priority. Ones I've noticed tha...
by Tuskin38
30 Nov 2020, 18:00

Side note there, TrueSky is a third party cloud engine, it's not LM's.

https://simul.co/

But implementing it is all on LM's end yeah.

Has anyone experimented with bringing any of the MAIW scenery to MSFS? Even without the planes it would be nice to have the bases to fly out of in the meantime.
by Tuskin38
30 Nov 2020, 02:47

I haven't had any crashing when using 50 or more AI, I had 140 running at one point actually. That might have been a bug that was fixed. The addon I mentioned last page had multiple liveries. But I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Edit: I wonder if it depends on the quality of the model, or the mod...
by Tuskin38
30 Nov 2020, 02:05

I'm happy with where the sim is. There's some issues, but nothing that's turning me away from it, yet.

What things do you need AI wise specifically? Because the current AI I'm pretty sure has all the features the FSX AI has since MSFS was built on top of FSX.
by Tuskin38
30 Nov 2020, 01:47

Honestly I just want the Canadian air bases haha.

Someone improved CYQQ, no custom models or anything (though there's some custom textures), but it's better than default, which didn't even have any parking, just runways.

https://flightsim.to/file/3656/cyqq-19-wing-comox
by Tuskin38
29 Nov 2020, 16:48

Someone was taking AI plans from AIG and converting them to MSFS without permission, they contested it and the addons seems to have been removed from nexus, but it did show it's probably easy to convert FSX Flight plans (and I assume P3D) to MSFS.
by Tuskin38
29 Nov 2020, 06:14

The latest patch fixed AI Aircraft not despawning at distance.
by Tuskin38
23 Aug 2020, 22:12

Do they actually believe that us 3rd party devs who do this for free are going to hock a kidney, lung and various other body parts for 3ds Max? There is a community made plugin for Blender apparently. I've been having a ton of fun in the sim, I haven't found an real major issues with it. Currently ...
by Tuskin38
23 Aug 2020, 01:50

Military airport are well covered, at least in the States and Canada. In Europe, some are not included as they're censored on Bing Maps.
If anyone wants a screenshot of any specific airbase, I could take some.
by Tuskin38
08 Aug 2020, 00:28

Looks ok not one of the Airports that have been given a loving treatment. Just uses default buildings i guess! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SwPbV8OUrQ Much thanks Mark Another video showing of US Military locations in the sim https://youtu.be/lygQ9N-d3W8 MAIW got a shout out in BelGeode's MSFS ...
by Tuskin38
07 May 2020, 19:01
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: Matrix 2 Development
Replies: 26
Views: 6014

Re: Matrix 2 Development

Oh yeah that interface is very slick.
by Tuskin38
27 Apr 2020, 15:33
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?
Replies: 39
Views: 5328

Re: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?

I can confirm that all the Canadian air fields that come with the MAIW V4 installer (CYZX, CYOD, CYQQ, CYBG and CYTR) do overlap with the new V5 airport updates. Which actually surprises me, I never thought LM would ever touch Canadian military Air Fields. Side note they added some parking (not as m...