The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 41 matches

by crushnik
04 Nov 2023, 14:15
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Revisiting RN01 elevation issue
Replies: 4
Views: 289

Re: Revisiting RN01 elevation issue

That explains why it looked like an airport from the side and on the GPS. I'll try Jim's fix, but what is RN01? Could it be edited/recreated in a different way, or does it show up as an airport because that is the only thing that MAIW aircraft will use as navigation?
by crushnik
02 Nov 2023, 19:10
Topic: Revisiting RN01 elevation issue
Views: 289

Revisiting RN01 elevation issue

I just found the 15,000-foot monolith for the RN01 turning point east of Las Vegas. This was discussed briefly in the Matrix board (https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/topic/17967#p188703) but it has been archived. Is there a good solution to this problem? Didn't want to just delete the RN01 bgl file...
by crushnik
11 Oct 2023, 16:40
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Experimenting with FS9 models in P3Dv5
Replies: 8
Views: 377

Re: Experimenting with FS9 models in P3Dv5

Was flying from MCAS Beaufort to Savannah, Ga. this morning and met an Osprey at about 10,000 and I find that so neat and worth the extra work of adding parking spots and tinkering with flight plans. So if version 6 doesn't break a bunch of my add-on aircraft I'd probably pick it up.
by crushnik
11 Oct 2023, 16:37

Re: Experimenting with FS9 models in P3Dv5

So far all FSX models I have tested work perfectly fine in P3Dv6. Send from mobile hence short Is version 6 worth the extra money? Because of the MAIW AI aircraft I like P3D more than MSFS, but I wonder if this version would make even more of my planes unflyable for a marginal improvement over v5.
by crushnik
10 Oct 2023, 22:31

Experimenting with FS9 models in P3Dv5

I used the C-145A Skytruck from the Canon AFB FS2004 scenery for a flightplan and it showed up. But with no wheels. Is it problematic to import FS9 aircraft into P3Dv5? Is it possible to tinker with the model in Blender or something and give it a fresh look? I imagine it's a LOT harder than it seems...
by crushnik
10 Oct 2023, 21:28
Topic: Flightplans available?

Re: Flightplans available?

paul day wrote: 07 Oct 2023, 08:12 I have flightplans for nine aircraft in fs2004 format. If you want them drop me a PM with an email address and I can send them.

Regards Paul Day.
Thanks Paul. Trying a custom flightplan with a FS9 Skytruck to see if they work in P3D5, then I'll shoot you a message if all goes well.
by crushnik
08 Oct 2023, 15:18
Topic: Which aircraft to add to AIFP?
Replies: 3
Views: 322

Re: Which aircraft to add to AIFP?

It makes more sense after reading your explanation. How do people find out what destinations fit the aircraft? Just prior knowledge, deduction, or creativity? I get pretty tickled seeing these planes here and there, so I'd love to build some kind of interactive page on my website where it would be e...
by crushnik
06 Oct 2023, 19:02

Re: Flightplans available?

OK I felt like I was missing something obvious, but now I feel much better. Do you have any flight plans for Edwards you'd be willing to share? I don't even know where to begin as far as figuring out what squadrons are where.
by crushnik
05 Oct 2023, 21:14

Flightplans available?

Found that Milviz' T-38 is now freeware and thought I'd record a video at Edwards AFB, where I have miles of orthoscenery a while ago and the flightline in P3D is pretty incredible (apart from the semi-transparent hangar). But when I added parking spots there they go on the apron I only had a couple...
by crushnik
03 Oct 2023, 20:38
Topic: Which aircraft to add to AIFP?
Replies: 3
Views: 322

Which aircraft to add to AIFP?

I downloaded a T-37 package to tinker around with and made a flight plan between three Pensacola-area Naval auxiliary fields. They show up at at least one field, and I'm guessing the only reason I haven't seen these impressive-looking Tweets anywhere else is either due to no parking spots or I just ...
by crushnik
24 Sep 2023, 16:02
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Reworking Pensacola NAS for P3D
Replies: 0
Views: 314

Reworking Pensacola NAS for P3D

I enjoy flying in and out of NAS Pensacola and have the scenery from the Matrix. If there isn't a more updated version someone has made that I can't find, I'm wondering what the steps there would be to starting over from the stock P3D airport. I'd love to copy over the aprons that have all the parki...
by crushnik
16 Nov 2022, 19:00
Topic: Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?
Replies: 10
Views: 579

Re: Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?

I'd also be interested in making models for AI aircraft if someone can point me in the right direction. I was a terrain guy before MSFS came out so I know a lot when it comes to that end but don't know much when it comes to 3D models. I imagine it's not easy but some parts of the process would be ea...
by crushnik
16 Nov 2022, 18:37

I am definitely interested and would love to do my part to get the ball rolling!
by crushnik
16 Nov 2022, 13:58

How difficult would it be then to recreate older flight plans and import the older models? One base at a time wouldn't be so bad I imagine, if I knew more about the process to get old aircraft and flight plans into a format that works with the new sim.
by crushnik
14 Nov 2022, 19:49

I see that AI Flight Planner does MSFS flight plans... I can load an MAIW .bgl file, but don't know how to convert after that. And the help manual won't open. Is there a simple explanation of how to convert those MAIW files? Seeing an apron full of autogenerated civilian aircraft on a military base ...
by crushnik
07 Nov 2022, 15:45

Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?

The new sim is very impressive but the military bases are horrendously disappointing after being used to MAIW aircraft and flightplans. Is there a way to import into MSFS?
by crushnik
28 May 2022, 18:52
Topic: Helicopter bases
Replies: 6
Views: 616

Re: Helicopter bases

Now to address one place you mention specifically, Mayport, that was covered in our Navy Jacksonville Seahawks v2 package. I downloaded the FS9 package, installed the scenery and converted the AI flight plans to P3Dv5 format. When I transferred the traffic I saw there was already an FSX version ins...
by crushnik
28 May 2022, 14:35

It's great to hear that people are still making scenery here! I had found the Little Bird package but I'll look for the other files that you two mentioned. Dumb question, but what is the process of "converting scenery?" Would that be like feeding a BGL file into Model Converter and popping...
by crushnik
27 May 2022, 16:12

I left out that I use Prepar3d version 5.3
by crushnik
27 May 2022, 15:59

Helicopter bases

Flew across the country recently and I noticed that there isn't much helicopter activity in MAIW scenery. At least not in the Matrix program I downloaded last year. Wheeler AAF in Hawaii didn't have anything, neither did Fort Campbell or Mayport Naval Station. Jacksonville NAS only had P-3 Orions. I...