Search found 25 matches

by crushnik
28 May 2022, 18:52
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Helicopter bases
Replies: 6
Views: 276

Re: Helicopter bases

Now to address one place you mention specifically, Mayport, that was covered in our Navy Jacksonville Seahawks v2 package. I downloaded the FS9 package, installed the scenery and converted the AI flight plans to P3Dv5 format. When I transferred the traffic I saw there was already an FSX version ins...
by crushnik
28 May 2022, 14:35

It's great to hear that people are still making scenery here! I had found the Little Bird package but I'll look for the other files that you two mentioned. Dumb question, but what is the process of "converting scenery?" Would that be like feeding a BGL file into Model Converter and popping...
by crushnik
27 May 2022, 16:12

I left out that I use Prepar3d version 5.3
by crushnik
27 May 2022, 15:59

Helicopter bases

Flew across the country recently and I noticed that there isn't much helicopter activity in MAIW scenery. At least not in the Matrix program I downloaded last year. Wheeler AAF in Hawaii didn't have anything, neither did Fort Campbell or Mayport Naval Station. Jacksonville NAS only had P-3 Orions. I...
by crushnik
27 May 2022, 15:32
Topic: Navy Jacksonville (KNIP) no AI in P3D 5.2
Replies: 30
Views: 1007

Re: Navy Jacksonville (KNIP) no AI in P3D 5.2

Wow. The new MSFS is pretty neat but it won't beat being able to fly a C-130 or UH-60 into a military airport full of AI planes and scenery. I'll be sticking with P3D for quite a while and I imagine others will too with great scenery like yours still being in the works.
by crushnik
27 May 2022, 02:23
Topic: Navy Jacksonville (KNIP) no AI in P3D 5.2
Replies: 30
Views: 1007

Re: Navy Jacksonville (KNIP) no AI in P3D 5.2

Looks impressive and I hope that you haven't abandoned your project!
by crushnik
23 Jan 2022, 21:07
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Air Force One/Marine One schedule
Replies: 12
Views: 494

Re: Air Force One/Marine One schedule

The Addon Organizer did the trick! No I just need to recreate my traffic BGL and I should be in business. If I get my 8-week presidential travel schedule sorted out I will see about sharing it with the MAIW community. Thank you to everyone for answering probably painfully basic questions. :)

Chris
by crushnik
23 Jan 2022, 20:26

Thanks for responding John. I can generate a BGL traffic file, but I saw somewhere that if you get an error message while building the flight plan, it just won't work unless you start over -- which I did not. I also think based on @TimC340's comment (thank you also) that I need to point the simulato...
by crushnik
22 Jan 2022, 19:39

I think the issue is that since I reinstalled the simulator, whatever add-on structure that MAIW injected into the sim is now gone. I can create scenery all day long, but I don't know the first thing about adding AI aircraft. If someone has some insight on how to get the sim to recognize my AI aircr...
by crushnik
21 Jan 2022, 23:14

Excellent, thank you John!

Chris
by crushnik
21 Jan 2022, 19:57

Looks like I have all the aircraft I would need, thank you! Now it's down to figuring out how to get my AI planes (adding C-32 for shorter municipal airports), helicopters, and tiltrotors to appear. C-5s and C-17s will be added down the road. Fortunately I know a bit about Airport Design Editor, so ...
by crushnik
20 Jan 2022, 21:18

Slowly figuring out AIFP, and I found the H-60 White Hawks, but no VH-3 in the Matrix aircraft library. I did find a package for HMX-1 which has both helicopter models as well as the green Ospreys... but it is for FS9. I use the latest version and hotfix of P3D v5. I've had to completely re-install ...
by crushnik
20 Jan 2022, 01:38

Air Force One/Marine One schedule

Was curious how difficult it would be to create a flight plan for Air Force One and Marine One using President Trump's travel schedule. Considering that the president doesn't fly on AF1 all that often, I thought a four-year window would have some variation. If that's even possible. I installed AIFP,...
by crushnik
07 Oct 2021, 17:21
Topic: Searching for some scenery objects
Replies: 8
Views: 501

Re: Searching for some scenery objects

Ok, thank you!
by crushnik
06 Oct 2021, 15:49

I wonder if I don't have lights ss v2 because that's for FS9 and I'm using P3D v5?
by crushnik
06 Oct 2021, 15:42

My thumbs all appear to be in one folder. Maybe I installed something wrong, but after some serious digging I found some of my missing GUIDs. I don't think I have either of those library files/folders you mentioned though.
by crushnik
06 Oct 2021, 15:14

I am also hunting for a GUID... I am making a video of a flight out of Twentynine Palms EAP (https://militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/download/10-scenery/1261-scenery-twentynine-palms-expeditionary-airfield-knxp-usmc) and I am merging the wonderful KNXP scenery I found here with what...
by crushnik
15 Jul 2021, 11:58
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Need static aircraft for air base scenery
Replies: 13
Views: 681

Re: Need static aircraft for air base scenery

It worked! When I opened ADE I saw that I had stripped out all of China Lake's parking spots so all I had to do was add some combat and cargo military parking spots and there is Naval aircraft galore!
by crushnik
15 Jul 2021, 11:14

This is so exciting... I can't wait to get off of work and try it out. As a bonus, it looks like I don't have to spend hours - if not days - learning learn an entirely new program (which is often the case with scenery design).

Thank you Steve!
by crushnik
14 Jul 2021, 22:18

I have SAMM bookmarked just in case, thanks! But after coming across all those different aircraft (I think I discovered Air Force Two yesterday), sometimes with "remove before flight" flags and engine covers on the apron I can't turn back to lame static aircraft. What I would love to do is...