Search found 117 matches

by jgowing
06 Sep 2019, 21:35
Forum: JYAI
Topic: RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's
Replies: 23
Views: 853

Re: RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's

How do you correctly set up a long flight returning to Its departure point? As far as I know, the default is to return after 15 minutes, or is that just something inaccurate I've read? Are TNG's used via a waypoint, but at high altitude does that work? Realising I might have picked up some bad habit...
by jgowing
03 Sep 2019, 11:24
Forum: MKAI
Topic: Mig-29 all versions
Replies: 60
Views: 4253

Re: Mig-29 all versions

I would like to add some retro Luftwaffe repaints.

Jon G
by jgowing
12 Jul 2019, 12:40
Forum: MKAI
Topic: Mig-29 all versions
Replies: 60
Views: 4253

Re: Mig-29 all versions

This thread has made me think. I am sure that time is an increasingly precious commodity for many, but I also suspect that there are some like myself who dabble but may not feel their work is of a high enough standard to share it. Maybe we should lose some of those inhibitions. Personally I agree wi...
by jgowing
16 Mar 2019, 23:12
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: FSX Battle of Britain
Replies: 170
Views: 3927

Re: FSX Battle of Britain

Or Hornchurch (thanks uncle Derek)..
by jgowing
16 Mar 2019, 22:07
Topic: FSX Battle of Britain
Replies: 170
Views: 3927

Re: FSX Battle of Britain

I completely agree with everything Firebird and others have said. I'd just like to clarify and hope that as far as I know, North Weald is still with us, although Kenley fades.

Tangmere springs to mind as a good starting point..

Jon G
by jgowing
23 Dec 2018, 09:38
Topic: Panavia Tornado
Replies: 282
Views: 16721

Re: Panavia Tornado

Yes, well said. Outstanding work from John as always.

Jon G
by jgowing
04 Dec 2018, 16:09
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: UTT AS350 flying behaviour
Replies: 7
Views: 358

Re: UTT AS350 flying behaviour

Didn't UTT do something unusual with at least some of their helicopter models in order to achieve an allegedly realistic approach and hover to landing? Although a seemingly attractive feature, I recall it came at the price of a major downside in requiring even more unusual bespoke Afcad files withou...
by jgowing
28 Nov 2018, 18:53
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Retro RAF Transport Command Aircraft for FS9
Replies: 11
Views: 985

Re: Retro RAF Transport Command Aircraft for FS9

VulcanDriver had a Bassett underway a while back, maybe that one could make a nice companion for the resurrected Andover..

Jon G
by jgowing
14 Nov 2018, 17:26
Topic: Augusta Wesland AW139
Replies: 99
Views: 7378

Re: Augusta Wesland AW139

Many thanks to all involved on this project. I'm in the process of setting up the Italian fleet and airfields using Bismarck's instructions, and so far everything looks great, especially with Pratica di Mare now full of Avantis, too! I've also added Mark's Irish repaints, and I have a query concerni...
by jgowing
18 Oct 2018, 19:09
Topic: Mdl Tweaker II
Replies: 5
Views: 491

Re: Mdl Tweaker II

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried to use it lately, but I never got any changes to appear in FS9. I also wondered if it might be a Windows 10 issue.

Jon G
by jgowing
10 Aug 2018, 05:59
Topic: Augusta Wesland AW139
Replies: 99
Views: 7378

Re: Augusta Wesland AW139

Great work as ever, John; one of my favourites, too. And many repaint possibilities, not least the offshore crowd. Looking forward to this.

Jon G
by jgowing
19 Jul 2018, 11:10
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: xml support needed
Replies: 22
Views: 1317

Re: xml support needed

I have no prior knowledge of xml, but I have followed the tutorials and correspondence as best I can in order to add some animations to two of my learning projects. I am currently scratching my head after adding code for: First model: 1. Making the pilot appear and disappear before and after a fligh...
by jgowing
10 Jul 2018, 17:09
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: RAF Centenary
Replies: 6
Views: 340

Re: RAF Centenary

Such a crowd of Typhoons was a great sight, and such a rare opportunity. Good, too, to see nine Tornadoes up together. Can't believe their time is up soon.

Jon G
by jgowing
11 Jun 2018, 17:47
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: RDAF CL604 Challenger Dansish Air Show 2018
Views: 332

Re: RDAF CL604 Challenger Dansish Air Show 2018

Very nice! I just saw this on the Air Britain site, and I hoped you might have a go!

Jon G
by jgowing
09 Jun 2018, 07:01
Topic: AH-1S Cobra and AH-1Z Viper (Super Cobra_
Replies: 89
Views: 6993

Re: AH-1S Cobra and AH-1Z Viper (Super Cobra_

I think it's an OH6, one of mins' own works in progress?

Jon G
by jgowing
11 May 2018, 19:01
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: French retro military AI traffic
Replies: 111
Views: 9595

Re: French retro military AI traffic

I'm very sorry to hear about Jacques. I've long been a francophile, and over the years he was generous in his help on several sim related topics. Away from the sound and fury of military AI, we shared an interest in GA. Thanks to him many of the quieter places in my SIM are busy. Thanks Jacques, sle...
by jgowing
26 Apr 2018, 20:54

An update: FSDeveloper forums indicate Mdl Tweaker was designed for Gmax, I use FSDS. It's unclear from what I've read whether FSDS generated models definitely can't be tweaked. Some users reported objects lying flat or inverted normals, which fits with what I've seen. There is an implication that c...
by jgowing
26 Apr 2018, 17:46

Yes, I'm still with FS9 for now, and I had doubled up the tweaked object to no avail. The fact that the "rotate to user" feature also isn't working leads me to suspect a deeper root cause.

Jon G
by jgowing
26 Apr 2018, 15:45

Mdl Tweaker II

I'm playing with some scenery where I want flags to point correctly according to the wind, and to have some other objects always facing towards me. I heard about Mdl Tweaker and installed it with no problem. It appears to run but when I view all such objects in sim they either don't appear at all or...
by jgowing
01 Apr 2018, 17:01
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: RAF 100 - Per Ardua Ad Astra
Replies: 0
Views: 220

RAF 100 - Per Ardua Ad Astra

With thanks to all who have served in the RAF, past and present. A phenomenal history of which to be very proud on this centenary day. The future is always uncertain, but today we celebrate.

Jon G