Search found 195 matches

by jgowing
21 Jul 2021, 19:24
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 384
Views: 25154

Re: Thoughts on the next project

I always liked the the T7, plus the Martin Baker pair because they're still with us.

Jon G
by jgowing
18 Jul 2021, 07:15
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Aircraft lights Entries in the .CFG file: Explained
Replies: 19
Views: 7307

Re: Aircraft lights Entries in the .CFG file: Explained

Thanks Jon, I'll investigate further.

Jon G
by jgowing
17 Jul 2021, 21:41
Topic: Aircraft lights Entries in the .CFG file: Explained
Replies: 19
Views: 7307

Re: Aircraft lights Entries in the .CFG file: Explained

I know this is an old thread, but there's always more to learn. I wanted to use some xml code to place a pilot in the cockpit when the beacon light comes on. I think I'm right in saying that for this to work, the aircraft type in the cfg file cannot be 1, so, even for a piston engined aircraft, you ...
by jgowing
13 Jun 2021, 07:26
Forum: MKAI
Topic: Mi-35
Replies: 10
Views: 720

Re: Mi-35

Great work, Miljan. Really looking forward to this one.

Jon
by jgowing
24 May 2021, 18:24
Topic: Tiger UHT
Replies: 2
Views: 184

Tiger UHT

Following on from last year's MFI-17, recently I've been having a go at a Tiger UHT helicopter for the German army. I'm still just working in FS9, I'm afraid, as that's all my skills or lack of them will allow, but I'm nearing the point where it's as good as it's going to be, and ideally I'd like to...
by jgowing
29 Apr 2021, 16:16
Topic: JYAI Merlin HC4
Replies: 105
Views: 4313

Re: JYAI Merlin HC4

Firebird wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 13:53 If a Swordfish does anything other than a slow flypast it is categorised as a landing.

Yes, a fair point! It's maybe better filed under Scenery rather than Aircraft.
by jgowing
29 Apr 2021, 12:34
Topic: JYAI Merlin HC4
Replies: 105
Views: 4313

Re: JYAI Merlin HC4

Concerning ex RNHF, it doesn't get any more iconic than the Swordfish; I can see LS326 doing a slow fly past with a white ensign hoisted. It's a nice thought, but only if you really fancy it, John.

Jon G
by jgowing
02 Apr 2021, 17:50
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Pau woe
Replies: 3
Views: 176

Re: Pau woe

Thankyou both for your support. Steve, I'll try what you suggest in the fullness of time, but meanwhile, John, you were right about the autogen. Dialling the scenery density back to "dense" did the trick for Pau, and I can certainly live with that for now, not least because I then remember...
by jgowing
02 Apr 2021, 15:02
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Pau woe
Replies: 3
Views: 176

Pau woe

Continuing from the issue I found with telegraph poles all over Pau LFBP in the Gazelle thread.. First, and as far as I am able to tell, the problem is definitely with the Occitania scenery I have installed of southwest France; if I disable it, the problem disappears. But then I get confused again, ...
by jgowing
01 Apr 2021, 18:31
Topic: Aerospatiale Gazelle
Replies: 169
Views: 9986

Re: Aerospatiale Gazelle

Thanks Steve, it's slowly dawning on me that I may have never understood that point properly.. Getting back on to topic, John's Gazelles all look great, and I've tweaked the parking so that there are no duplicate spots, so the Gazelles now peacefully co-exist with Pumas and, at Le Cannet, with my ra...
by jgowing
01 Apr 2021, 17:22

Steve, I haven't acted on your suggestion yet, but what I found odd was that the ADE already had a lot of small excludes, as if to solve a similar problem, but they didn't align with the poles I saw. Then, when I tried to add some excludes of my own, they had no effect. Furthermore, the Pau scenery ...
by jgowing
30 Mar 2021, 20:58

I found a couple more things, this time with ADE files for the French airfields in FS9. Some helicopter overlay parking spots sit over existing airfield spots, for example at Le Cannet LFMC/LFM1, hence there are aircraft from other FPs occupying the same places. It's all resolvable with some tweakin...
by jgowing
29 Mar 2021, 20:31

Thanks John for another wonderful helicopter. There's one tiny issue with the flight plans, just for people's information: I have found what seems to be a consistent anomaly in the French ones (I haven't checked the others). Taking the first plan as an example, and separating the legs for clarity be...
by jgowing
26 Mar 2021, 17:42
Topic: Transparency
Replies: 7
Views: 893

Re: Transparency

Thanks to the Blackhawk FDE it's much, much better now, even at 15 fps. So, really it's a Blackhawk in Tiger's clothing, but at least those parms do the job. Thankyou once again. And with LOD's maybe a much easier job now than they were, I'm encouraged to press on. If there are further progress/prob...
by jgowing
25 Mar 2021, 21:42

Thanks John; I'm getting there slowly, it's still early days.Thankyou also for the tip on the FDE, I'll see how that goes. I have animated lift working, after earlier xml advice from Kevin, although I'm tweaking the heights and angles. At the moment, the tilt looks too quick to me, but I think I've ...
by jgowing
25 Mar 2021, 17:28

Thanks John. It's also much easier once the penny drops, as there were a couple of other things I was getting wrong. Never underestimate operator stupidity! Anyway, I'm moving forward now, although there's a way to go. For one thing, it flies like a leaf in a storm..

Jon G
by jgowing
24 Mar 2021, 21:47

Thankyou very much, John, I'll experiment with that tomorrow.

Jon G
by jgowing
24 Mar 2021, 18:21

Transparency

When I made my MFI-17, I used a separate texture for the canopy glass. I could have just done that again, but on my current project I wanted to include the glass as a small section within the main texture sheet. As a result, I've currently got some odd ghosting effects throughout the model. So far I...
by jgowing
20 Mar 2021, 19:02
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Huey.
Replies: 20
Views: 1331

Re: Huey.

And so many great potential opportunities for repainters, too..

Jon G
by jgowing
05 Mar 2021, 18:35
Forum: MKAI
Topic: Elbit Hermes 450
Replies: 30
Views: 1053

Re: Elbit Hermes 450

Thanks Miljan for another interesting subject.

Jon G