Search found 139 matches

by jgowing
06 Mar 2020, 20:46
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Another Gmax question
Replies: 13
Views: 529

Re: Another Gmax question

Thanks, that's very useful. At this stage, bottom line, if I base my work on a default file, I'm safe.

Jon
by jgowing
06 Mar 2020, 17:03

Thanks John, I'll try that tomorrow and report back All is well. In truth, I'd got myself in a tangle, but a clean SDK re-install has got me there, and I now have a model to test and in due course to paint. A new question: clearly I've borrowed an FDE, and topically this has been alluded to in anot...
by jgowing
05 Mar 2020, 20:27

Thanks John, I'll try that tomorrow and report back.

Jon
by jgowing
05 Mar 2020, 17:39

Still no luck. The gamepacks folder in Gmax was empty (!), so I added FS2004/plugins folders and put MakeMDL in there and configured the path from Gmax, but it's still not seeing it. When I first copied MakeMDL across, it set itself to 'read only', but I corrected that and still Gmax doesn't see it....
by jgowing
05 Mar 2020, 15:16

Hi John, I'm getting there, I just have one more little snag. The good news is I've got my Gmax model to a point where I want to export it to test in FS9, but I don't get the option to export as an MDL file, just MD3 or 3DS. I remembered the configure paths from FSDS, so I tried to do the same in Gm...
by jgowing
26 Feb 2020, 17:22
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mother Russia
Replies: 40
Views: 1664

Re: Mother Russia

Andrey Anta did a lot of Russian sceneries for FS9, they're all available on Flightsim.com.

Jon
by jgowing
13 Feb 2020, 20:30
Forum: Military Aviation Photography
Topic: Military Pageant Shuttleworth
Replies: 6
Views: 656

Re: Military Pageant Shuttleworth

Brilliant photos it would nice to have some of these built for AI like the Beaver, Anson and Scout
Mike Cronin did a Beaver, search for that on Flightsim.com. I could fancy doing an Anson if I ever get up to speed on Gmax!

Jon
by jgowing
11 Feb 2020, 20:58
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW JAI Grumman OV-1 Mohawk Conversion Support
Replies: 2
Views: 233

Re: MAIW JAI Grumman OV-1 Mohawk Conversion Support

I've been unable to find the existing unconverted Mohawk; I've also struggled with the FS9 Neptune and Dauphin. I know I should move on, but in the meantime, where are these old models to be found?

Jon
by jgowing
03 Feb 2020, 16:16

Thanks John, that's very helpful, not least as I now see that I was getting a little ahead of myself, because I don't have all my textures mapped yet. I was also trying to get the axis of rotation "all in one go". Now I see there is an iteration to get the part positioned correctly in all axes at ea...
by jgowing
03 Feb 2020, 12:11

Another Gmax question

I'm making some progress, but I've stumbled again. I have made some wing flaps, which was a first for me, and one reason I started with Gmax, as I could never get on with Boolean operations in FSDS. That went fine, but animating a flap is not yet working properly. Whatever I do to the pivot axis, wi...
by jgowing
22 Jan 2020, 18:21
Topic: Mirroring parts in Gmax
Views: 218

Re: Mirroring parts in Gmax

In truth, I made a small start in the autumn, but then real life got in the way for a while. Back on it now, though..

Jon
by jgowing
22 Jan 2020, 17:47

Yes, I've been able to do some tidying up. Most times I create a part, I'm wrong about the number of sections needed, so welding and slicing practice started early!

Jon
by jgowing
22 Jan 2020, 16:34

Thanks John; I've got there, learning something else in the process. The mirrored part was disappearing, but then I realized your picture just showed Editable Poly under the modifier list, whereas mine still included the Mirror modifier. I didn't realize I had to collapse the stack; there's a first ...
by jgowing
21 Jan 2020, 20:14

Mirroring parts in Gmax

I've made a New Years resolution of sorts to learn enough about Gmax to actually build something, and I'm slowly making some progress now, albeit with a very long way to go. I'm edging forward on a project, and there are several parts that I need to mirror from left to right. I've already learned no...
by jgowing
29 Nov 2019, 15:58
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FS9 troubleshooting with Procmon
Replies: 3
Views: 208

Re: FS9 troubleshooting with Procmon

Mystifying update: Fired up FS9 this afternoon and it was fine, but I had done nothing at all. Hard to believe there's not still an issue lurking, though.

Jon
by jgowing
28 Nov 2019, 18:42

Re: FS9 troubleshooting with Procmon

Hi Hartwig, Thanks for the quick feedback. You might be right about the x86 folder, although my FS9 has been in there all along and it's been okay until today. I've had Windows 10 for a while now (3 years or so), and it's been fine, even through numerous updates. I tried admin rights, but sadly it m...
by jgowing
28 Nov 2019, 15:23

FS9 troubleshooting with Procmon

After a long period of trouble free FS9 operation, I had a new problem: the sim would load but then hang when I got to the main menu page, either with the aircraft preview screen blacked out, or, if that was okay, the sim would hang when I then made any menu selection. I remembered reading about Pro...
by jgowing
19 Oct 2019, 21:40
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Canadair CL-215 Hellenic Air Force
Replies: 0
Views: 163

Canadair CL-215 Hellenic Air Force

I have a confession to make: when I put together the flightplans for this upload, I had a senior moment and did not realize that I was using part of the plans from the MAIW Elefsis transports package; obviously I would not have done this had I been aware. I had forgotten that the CL-215 was included...
by jgowing
12 Oct 2019, 20:19
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 493
Views: 32642

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Like a Cessna, but also not. Part of a wider plan?