Search found 14 matches

by ajs1964
11 Jan 2021, 04:36
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: OFFUT FSX conv issue
Replies: 4
Views: 181

Re: OFFUT FSX conv issue

Hey Tango234 You are a legend. I did not pick up the runway issues as I had only manipulated the original file supplied in the Offut package. So clearly the FS9 ADE file is faulty and on examination yes this is the case. The runway orientation and runway links are incorrect and need to be realigned ...
by ajs1964
10 Jan 2021, 10:32
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: General MAIW Package Issues
Replies: 233
Views: 32639

Re: General MAIW Package Issues

Hey Steve

It turned out to be a file association issue. Still strange as it was not the same association as for *.BMP files. But anyway I removed the $$A association and all is good.

Thanks for your help. :D

Andrew
by ajs1964
10 Jan 2021, 10:13

Re: OFFUT FSX conv issue

OOps Files attached
by ajs1964
10 Jan 2021, 10:11

OFFUT FSX conv issue

Hi Guys I have converted the OFFUT Package to work in my FSXSe. My conversion consisted of disabling FS9 specific files and creating a new Airfield BGL along with a *.CVX that includes flatten and old airstrip exclusions. I have ignored the FS9 landclass directory. I have adjusted transparencies on ...
by ajs1964
07 Jan 2021, 08:24

Hey Steve

Our home server uses Linux, but just to try I downloaded to my WIN10 x64 downloads directory and achieved the same results.
All the texture files are listed as *.$$A once I activate the installation *.exe file.

Beats me, but I only have this issue with MAIW stuff.

Cheers
Andrew
by ajs1964
06 Jan 2021, 04:43

Hi Guys I have an issue with the installation of packages. When I run the installation executable file for a particular package, in this case it is Barksdale AFB, All of the texture files in all of the subdirectories are installed with a "$$A" suffix when they should be *.BMP. Can you suggest a reas...
by ajs1964
22 Jul 2020, 00:08

Hi Guys

managed to figure it out after a lot of web browsing. Duplicate directories, but not necessarily called the same.......
all sorted now.

Cheers
Andrew
by ajs1964
21 Jul 2020, 22:29

Hi Guys, I wasnt sure where to post this: I keep getting the duplicate/non unique names errors despite not being able to find any duplicate titles in the referenced aircraft.cfg files. Has anyone had this phenomenon before. I am using FSX-SE and the sim appears to function ok, but its a pain having ...
by ajs1964
11 Apr 2020, 00:09
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mother Russia
Replies: 49
Views: 3055

Re: Mother Russia

Hi Steve and John, thanks so much :smt023
Much better with an actual prop disc to view than a black square. As you say might need a bit of fine tuning but its a whole lot better than what I had.
Thanks again, happy Easter and cheers

Andrew
by ajs1964
10 Apr 2020, 01:16
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mother Russia
Replies: 49
Views: 3055

Re: Mother Russia SKJ/SBAI AN-12

Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have downloaded the SBAI/SKJ AN-12 series for Mother Russia flight plans, which I am using in my FSXSE. My problem is the aircraft displays a black square instead of a rotating propeller. I believe this is suggestive of a missing texture file and indee...
by ajs1964
29 May 2017, 19:03
Topic: Misawa Air Base Support Thread
Replies: 67
Views: 4106

Re: Misawa Air Base Support Thread

Thanks guys for the help. Great products, now I just gotta get them into FSX without hiccups.So good so far!

Cheers

Andrew
by ajs1964
29 May 2017, 06:14
Topic: Misawa Air Base Support Thread
Replies: 67
Views: 4106

Re: Misawa Air Base Support Thread

Hello Guys

I have d/l MISAWA RJSM and noticed missing waypoint data in the traffic file. (see pic) As this is the first ever MAIW file I have seen missing info I thought I would ask if this is normal or am I indeed lacking something. :shock:

Cheers

Andrew
RJSM Flights.jpg
by ajs1964
11 Jan 2017, 22:25
Topic: How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?
Replies: 37
Views: 9882

Re: Help with FSX Conversions

OOps, jsut realise posted in wrong forum, happy for you to relocate and repost guys, sorry :oops:

Andrew
by ajs1964
11 Jan 2017, 22:21
Topic: How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?
Replies: 37
Views: 9882

Help with FSX Conversions

Hello, I am having some difficulty with the conversion to FSX using Gregs tutorial. :( I am having issues with the transparency of airfield objects as shown in the pic. My model Converter X has a different user interface with differing buttons. I have chosen YMES to try first as I thought this might...