The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 25 matches

by JGaz-UK
11 Sep 2009, 21:17
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Changed MAIW
Replies: 16
Views: 1030

Discovered its my windowsXP won't display webpage (I'm using Exp8)
But if I use laptop with Vista no prob :wink: (cant keep up)
by JGaz-UK
10 Sep 2009, 21:21
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Changed MAIW
Replies: 16
Views: 1030

Changed MAIW

Was away on Holiday, has MAIW changed :?:

I am seeing a new logo at the top & a large blank area where the downloads used to be? Then screen shots, is it my PC or what? any one know :?
by JGaz-UK
10 Sep 2009, 21:12
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Nicks Army Air Corps Helicopters
Replies: 10
Views: 863

i find that most of the maiw scenery is better than the just flights sceneery so i just remove the airport from the just flights and use the maiw one. as i found with wattisham but i still managed to keep all the other airports i that area from just flight I find some are & some not I just mix ...
by JGaz-UK
28 Aug 2009, 18:35

Chivnor

For any one else who may mix & match Amended afcad for Just Flights Chivenor to work with British airports EGDC prevents floating parked aircraft Remove Justflights British airports AF2_EGCD & the MAIW_AF2_E1DC_DEFAULT then replace with new AF2_E1DC. Edit your flight plans for new Airport.
by JGaz-UK
10 Aug 2009, 22:39
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: chinook
Replies: 41
Views: 2817

RAF-Chinooks

I did a couple of RAF Chinooks textures if any body wants them. 8)
by JGaz-UK
08 Aug 2009, 20:14
Topic: Basic default scenery FS9 UK
Replies: 2
Views: 328

Thanks 4 the link

Looks good but complicated I’ll have to read up :oops:

Addition

Easy to install Activate/De Act no prob. But same blocks of flats different texture.

Think problem is landclass wrong for UK suburbs :cry:
by JGaz-UK
04 Aug 2009, 17:58
Topic: Basic default scenery FS9 UK
Replies: 2
Views: 328

Basic default scenery FS9 UK

I was wondering if there is a solution to a long term niggle with the default scenery in FS9. :roll: Which is; For some reason in Britain all the small towns, villages, & hamlets depicted in the flightsym have numerious blocks of flats 4 & five, or more stories high which is simply not the c...
by JGaz-UK
01 Aug 2009, 13:47
Topic: AI UH-60 and OH-58
Replies: 18
Views: 1236

If you were trying to get the same take off effect I am afraid that you can't, it's built into the model. When you modified the cfg file did you alter any effects, or did you leave the panel in of the model? How long after the base loaded did it crash? Was in instantaneously or did it vary? The ins...
by JGaz-UK
31 Jul 2009, 21:06

More than clear :idea: . I only had the crash when I tried to use the edited Apache air & config files for a different Helo AI ( Nick’s had the best take off for an AI helicopter I’ve seen!) I undid the mod & no probs since. :D Texture wise I suppose I place as much importance in the appeara...
by JGaz-UK
30 Jul 2009, 20:21

It was after loading Traffic at KFBG where the modified AI’s were that the game, sorry Sim, crashed back to windows. My FS9 is bursting at the seems with Addons & can be a bit temperamental these days, I’m used to it :roll: . Plus I’m always changing things around. See JPG of KNKX a altered MAIW...
by JGaz-UK
29 Jul 2009, 21:33

I had a go at changing Nick’s files for the AH1 Apache (the Config & air files) for use with the OH58 I was converting to AI, The sim kept crashing when I tried to use it. Had to delete & use others. (Nick’s air file seems specific to model.) No probs. :) Q.4 U Is there a texture download on...
by JGaz-UK
28 Jul 2009, 22:18

Thanks for that.

I’m running a 5 year old PC, good in its day but struggling now, I’ll have to upgrade. In the mean time I’ll have edit & slim down a few textures.

I have found though that Nick Black’s files don’t like to be altered! Aircraft types disappear or the sim crashes even?
by JGaz-UK
28 Jul 2009, 19:09

Thanks Steve & same Dustoff. :) Ive found an Airfile that works with Helo skids Dust And should any one get in touch Ill have ago at attaching file Steve. I do have a question re: MAIW aircraft files. I was wondering if it is really necessary to have so many textures for each aircraft model, esp...
by JGaz-UK
27 Jul 2009, 21:58
Topic: AVSIM File Library is Back !!
Replies: 14
Views: 1047

Up & running

:lol: Yes its good to see them back! I downloaded a bunch of stuff
last night no problem.

And its many thanks for all their obvious hard work to do a Lazarus!
by JGaz-UK
27 Jul 2009, 21:47

OH58 lack of

Success They Fly! :lol: The OH58 works as AI but far from perfect slides along on their skids & take a 100m to take off . still it’ll do to flesh out the South side of the KFBG Fort Brag/Simmons Addon until a better MAIW version comes along. If there is any one who has the “Abacus Military Helic...
by JGaz-UK
26 Jul 2009, 21:41

Thanks again
for the advice about maunal installs
Problem solved for people who like to mix & match Addons.
:lol:
by JGaz-UK
26 Jul 2009, 21:26

OH58 lack of

I just installed the AAc Simmons Maiw Addon & noticed the empty slots, so went looking for OH58 AIs. Also with no luck. So I just had a go at adapting two of my Pay whare “Abacus Military Helicopters” OH58 Kiowa’s I’ve used the Apache & Gazelle from the same package as AI before no problem. ...
by JGaz-UK
25 Jul 2009, 21:40

Install options

Yes & thanks. :) I had just previously had another go & succeeded in diverting the “NAS Miramar Top Gun” download to a temp folder, which makes life a lot easer! (Just changed all the F14 to F18) Got to say this is a very speedy Forum with answers almost instantaneously. :!: Re AI helicopter...
by JGaz-UK
25 Jul 2009, 13:17

Thanks to Firebird & Scott for replies Yes I do like to mix & match, as downloads vary so much in scenery . I’ve been using JFlts British Airports for years in FS 2002/4 & although they are getting a bit long in the tooth they are still way better than default. Then some downloads have e...
by JGaz-UK
24 Jul 2009, 22:59

Nicks Army Air Corps Helicopters

I just installed the Army Air Corps MAIW Helicopters excellent package. If I dare make one point re; the automatic install. :oops: You always have the option of installing the addon scenery or not, but the install will also always put a number of files into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, which is...