The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 17 matches

by finfly
07 Mar 2012, 10:15
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: RAAF Williamtown Hornets package by Mark Campbell
Replies: 93
Views: 5629

Re: RAAF Williamtown Hornets package by Mark Campbell

Unfortunally I have to report a bug. Sim flied is currently "sim=GAI_NBAI_F-A-18A-B_Hornet_Dry_AI_ONLY.air". Unless I remove the .air but ACA2007 sees it as an error. It does not effect on flightsim though.
by finfly
06 Mar 2012, 13:52

Thanks Mark. Off to admire the new lady in the house then...
by finfly
06 Mar 2012, 12:30

Always nice to come back and see more Hornets! :) She is the one and only. ;) Does this updated model work with the old NBAI-era textures?
by finfly
03 Mar 2010, 09:23
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Finnish Frankenplane crashed!
Replies: 10
Views: 564

Re: Finnish Frankenplane crashed!

CelticWarrior wrote:Just read in Jane's that it took 100,000 man hours and cost USD21m to build.

Should've gone to Specsavers :D
The official story goes Patria who did the modification got valuable experience in damage repairing and modifying Hornets... :roll:
by finfly
15 Feb 2010, 12:24
Topic: Finnish Frankenplane crashed!
Replies: 10
Views: 564

Re: Finnish Frankenplane crashed!

james84 wrote:Why "Frankenplane"?
It was made from a C-model hull that suffered a midair collision and used Canadian B-model's frontal section. In that collision the aircraft suffered heavy damage into frontal section but manage to get back, the other one crashed into a swamp.
by finfly
04 Feb 2010, 18:02
Topic: NATO C-17s package by MAIW
Replies: 13
Views: 1826

Re: NATO C-17s by MAIW

Error on our part there mate, but we don't always know such things before we do a project, we have to go on what information we can gather, and sometimes we rely on guys like yourself, who know such things to help us. Nick Please feel free to mail me if you need any help in things related to Finlan...
by finfly
04 Feb 2010, 13:13
Topic: NATO C-17s package by MAIW
Replies: 13
Views: 1826

Re: NATO C-17s by MAIW

I always like anything connected to Finland! Thanks! 8) But I have a small question. Why in Finland those birds visit only EFKU and EFJY when main user of this ability is Finnish Rapid Deployment Force from Satakunta witch has used EFTP whit this plane? When flying element of this brigade comes oper...
by finfly
01 Jun 2009, 15:21
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Coming Next from MAIW
Replies: 33
Views: 2087

maverick69 wrote:It's here!
Fantastic!! Thanks a lot!!
by finfly
22 Sep 2008, 14:56
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: NBAI AH64 Apache
Replies: 68
Views: 6303

Congrats Nick! Can't wait to see MAIW newest package in action. The video looked awesome. Too bad its gonna be on weekend as the real life is too demanding in the moment.
by finfly
06 Sep 2008, 12:59
Topic: Greg in Kabul (with a new selection of pictures ! )
Replies: 21
Views: 1092

I guess now you can now tell what it means to get back home! At Shoreham Air Show the announcer told that there were only two airworthy C130 in UK. Others were deployed around Iraq and Afghanistan. The one they get to support RAF Falcons looked so much war beaten I wouldn't trust my only one in it. ...
by finfly
24 Aug 2008, 09:22
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Anybody here how to effectively use Traffic View Board?
Replies: 3
Views: 237

There's good turtional to get started whit Traffic View Board. Surf Avsim for tvb_tut.zip. Remember to install all updates Hans-Juergen Merkel has made to that tool.
by finfly
21 Jun 2008, 14:55
Topic: MAIW Military Video Collection
Replies: 487
Views: 69730

Some beautiful views from Finnish Air Force Hornet pilot's office:
http://www.hs.fi/videot/1135237278832 I would give up everything to be there. So lovely.

I recommend to mute that darn music and play something like What A Wonderful World instead from your own music library.
by finfly
20 May 2008, 07:16
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Surprise time, again.
Replies: 1
Views: 338

Finaly you guys found our land whit lot's of polar bears and Soviet tanks. :D Thanks!

BTW: Did you Nick Black get my email from...?
by finfly
14 May 2008, 08:48

The best band of the world. To GE engines at full afterburner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnS21pYhnN0&fmt=18 And some hot footage as Finnish Army first troublesome NH-90 preforms first time to the public: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf4XvE7_CjU&fmt=18 Hey Finfly, sorry I didn't know o...
by finfly
10 May 2008, 18:56

Does the Finnish Air force radio comm are made in english? or is it that the languages are similar? Yap, Finnish Air Froce radio comm is in english. They are trying to be more internationally compatible than the French will ever be. :lol: The language used in the talks between the control and pilot...
by finfly
06 May 2008, 15:51

This one is a award winning Finnish Air Force commercial. It won WorldMediaFestival in Germany and came third in Film And video Festival in the States. In better quality: http://www.hs.fi/videot/1135236024635?kategoria=Uutiset&sivu=1 (don't know how long it is avaible). Scondary link whit crap q...
by finfly
02 Dec 2006, 16:21
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Listing Of Military Scenerys
Replies: 104
Views: 42200

A few Finnish sceneries: They are combined civilian /military airports.
Best military aprons are at:
EFJY and EFKA
Oters:
-EFKU
-EFTP
-EFRO

All can be download here or at http://www.fsnordic.net/