The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 23 matches

by texxasal
20 Jun 2023, 15:39
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Updating Scenery Packages for Prepar3D
Replies: 8
Views: 552

Re: Updating Scenery Packages for Prepar3D

Thank you all for your responses.

I shall just keep flying what I have done, and refrain from publishing it here, so as to not offend anyone.

Regards
Al
by texxasal
20 Jun 2023, 02:54

Many of the legacy MAIW packages, including scenery, were converted for P3D in the Matrix project. Unfortunately, those converted files are no longer available, but many people will have them. The problem with any package conversion is copyright. You need the permission of the original author to do...
by texxasal
20 Jun 2023, 02:45

Al, this looks really good! If my memory is not failing me too much, then there are AI packages for MCAS Yuma available here on MAIW already, so I think my question to you would be if you're creating parking suitable for AI? Jorgen This is based on the MAIW package from 2004, updated in 2018 to FSX...
by texxasal
17 Jun 2023, 14:49

Updating Scenery Packages for Prepar3D

My principal area of interest in flight simulation involves the use of tactical jet aircraft in operations closely mirroring those of real world military units. Having been active in simulation since the earliest days of Sub Logic by Bruce Armstead, I have followed the development of the platform th...
by texxasal
22 Jun 2022, 14:35
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: In Search Of (ISO) Static Aircraft Objects (FSX/P3D)
Replies: 7
Views: 514

Re: In Search Of (ISO) Static Aircraft Objects (FSX/P3D)

In my experience, Al, SAMM works really well and it outputs in exactly the format you're looking for. On top of that, you can input models from any version of Flight Simulator (FS8/FS9/FSX/P3D) and get a workable output. Sadly, Don is unwell and no longer actively supporting his programs but any pr...
by texxasal
20 Jun 2022, 22:24

OK. Sounds like the barristers' full-employment act of 1978 is alive and well. So, I guess making updates/corrections/changes, etc. to Desmond Burrell's KNUW Growler scenery is probably some sort of violation, and I should expect the copyright police to come knocking on my virtual door? Oh well, I'v...
by texxasal
20 Jun 2022, 17:09

I don't believe that static models are currently distributable for those types. Maybe the best thing to try is using SAMM by Don Grovestine http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=SAMM . It is designed to turn models into statics. Give it a try. Right you are. That's the one with the 21-page user ma...
by texxasal
20 Jun 2022, 14:50

In Search Of (ISO) Static Aircraft Objects (FSX/P3D)

I am trying to populate a couple of military airfields with static aircraft parked in various locations. This is being done 1. To prevent the vast empty wasteland of most military airfields (Yes, I've used AI aircraft for many years, but that causes it's own set of problems). 2. Provide a visual ref...
by texxasal
10 Jun 2022, 18:15
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: KNUW conversion to P3D V5 - Objects not showing
Replies: 24
Views: 1350

Re: KNUW conversion to P3D V5 - Objects not showing

Thanks Tim.

Now, I fell even more stupid (if that's possible) for neglecting the patently obvious. Sure wish PayPal had a way to send Beer.

Regards
Al
by texxasal
10 Jun 2022, 17:33

Al, I’m afraid I don’t believe I can share the converted library with you. The accepted protocol is that specific permission must be granted by the author of FS items for any alterations, and that’s taken to include updating the format for later sims. I have updated many Stinstrom airfields (with a...
by texxasal
25 May 2022, 22:24

In that case, since I maintain a V4 system for some testing I do for a vendor, I believe I'll do my scenery development in that "world".

Much appreciate your time, and efforts.

regards
TeXXasAl
by texxasal
24 May 2022, 19:37

My problem is that the added object(s) from the Whidbey Objects Library.BGL don't appear within the flight simulator (P3D V 5.3 in this case). This is a well known compatibility issue with V5 in general, along with the way V5 handles (ignores) excludes... and does not just affect addon scenery obje...
by texxasal
24 May 2022, 16:10

Thanks for your time, and especially your patience with a very unsophisticated (so far as scenery creation/management) user. After trying a bunch of things, and speaking with Jon at ADE development, I'm at a point where I think I may have "cornered" my problem? The Whidbey Objects Library....
by texxasal
22 May 2022, 19:37

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. Once again, too many tools for my stupid little brain.
by texxasal
22 May 2022, 13:08

Al, Lets start with basic stuff. Do you have the P3D SDK installed? If so, have you set up MCX to use it? If the answer to either of those is no then that would explain why you are unable to convert the lib. Yes, I do have both the V4 & V5 SDK's purchased, licensed, and installed. on my machine...
by texxasal
22 May 2022, 00:29

My apologies for contributing to the cluttered state of these forums, but I have despaired in searching for a remedy, among the 162003 posts spread across 16702 topics. I have the excellent package: MAIW Whidbey Island Growlers_Desmond Burrell, which runs quite well in my FSX/ACC installation. When...
by texxasal
20 May 2022, 21:36

KNUW conversion to P3D V5 - Objects not showing

My apologies for contributing to the cluttered state of these forums, but I have despaired in searching for a remedy, among the 162003 posts spread across 16702 topics. I have the excellent package: MAIW Whidbey Island Growlers_Desmond Burrell, which runs quite well in my FSX/ACC installation. When ...
by texxasal
06 May 2019, 10:26
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: Support for F18's at Lemoore
Replies: 5
Views: 782

Re: Support for F18's at Lemoore

Well, addressing the second issue first, possibly the easiest way to overcome the weapons issue is to modify the F-18s aircraft.cfg file with a text editor and substitute the name of either clean fit or tank fit models. Of course wouldn't have any weapon fits but it would be closer to what you want...
by texxasal
31 Mar 2019, 15:43

Re: Support for F18's at Lemoore

Thank you for your prompt and informative response. My apologies for the tardiness of my reply, but I was endeavoring to double-check everything to ensure I had my "ducks in a row". First, I can now report that MATRIX is functioning marvelously (at least so far as North America in general,...
by texxasal
30 Mar 2019, 15:05

Support for F18's at Lemoore

As a new user of MATRIX, I installed the Global and North America packages into my Prepar3d v4 environment. When I turn the traffic sliders all the way up to maximum value, I can only see a few (+- a dozen) F-35's on NAS Lemoore (KNLC). Where are the F-18''s? I'm just wondering what I've messed up i...