The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 270 matches

by Ripcord
18 Jun 2023, 18:02
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW HTAI Beech King Air Family Conversion
Replies: 5
Views: 1021

Re: MAIW HTAI Beech King Air Family Conversion

I am having trouble converting textures for the original HTAI C90 for use with the new conversion model. It does not seem to be a matter of just using dds converter and replacing a few files. The old format has these files: C90, and C90_I and the prop-hs file. The new format has C90.dds and prop-hs....
by Ripcord
04 Sep 2022, 16:07
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: ETAR Ramstein AB FSX - P3D
Replies: 0
Views: 465

ETAR Ramstein AB FSX - P3D

A guy over at sim outhouse posted this a couple days ago. I am using it in P3D v4 and so far, I gotta say I do like it. Still not completely baked but the author states he is still working on it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... 677&sort=d
by Ripcord
31 Aug 2022, 14:15
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Issue with scenery instructions in JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1
Replies: 2
Views: 317

Re: Issue with scenery instructions in JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1

Greg wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 08:23 Post moved since it has nothing to do with the NBAI Typhoon conversion. ;)
Thanks Greg. I was not at all sure where to post it.
by Ripcord
30 Aug 2022, 13:33
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Issue with scenery instructions in JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1
Replies: 2
Views: 317

Issue with scenery instructions in JYAI_Typhoons_Austria_FSX_P3D_1

This question is not related to the aircraft, they show up fine for me in P3Dv4, so thanks guys for your hard work. I'm not getting the Zeltweg scenery correct. Might be I am just confused about the instructions. I have the scenery by Miljian K. And I have the update package which is called JYAI_Typ...
by Ripcord
29 Aug 2022, 01:58
Topic: Spanish AFB V6 from FS9 to FSX
Replies: 35
Views: 3409

Re: Spanish AFB V6 from FS9 to FSX

Any update on this? I don't see any other version of LEMO available for download anywhere. The link in the MAIW is no functional.
by Ripcord
01 Jun 2022, 12:51
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Going to the Air Force
Replies: 14
Views: 1841

Re: Going to the Air Force

Just saw this. Congrats and respect. Sounds like a cool assignment. If you should decide to get out and go to college, you will have the advantages of maturity, focus, and a real idea of what you want to do - all on top of the funding you get for tuition, etc. 40 years from now, you will find that y...
by Ripcord
31 May 2022, 18:54
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Water elevation problems with KNHK Patuxent scenery in P3DV4.5
Replies: 9
Views: 1231

Re: Water elevation problems with KNHK Patuxent scenery in P3DV4.5

The issue here is not a quick fix or a simple conversion of this amazing scenery, for the simple reason that the placement of the airfield, the coastline and the objects was guestimated, or approximated. In going thru and adjusting the AFCAD to the actual PR scenery, you start to see that the coastl...
by Ripcord
29 May 2022, 15:30

The message came through, Chief. I have been experimenting with doing PR ground textures for a few locations. It is a travesty that we do not have a good scenery for Pax River in FSX/P3D. Ideally, we could update the one that Ullrich did, since he did so many custom objects. I have been able to conv...
by Ripcord
21 May 2022, 13:30

Hey Chief, maybe someday has arrived. I'll send you something to test, if you see this post.
by Ripcord
15 May 2022, 16:18
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Looking for the USCG MH-65 Dolphin
Replies: 45
Views: 4330

Re: Looking for the USCG MH-65 Dolphin

For SFO and San Diego, obviously there are some amazing payware options out there, which I am sure many of us already have. Was thinking about just whipping up a simple AFCAD just for heli ops, to fit into these places - so that the sim treats it as a stand-alone destination.
by Ripcord
15 May 2022, 15:59
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Looking for the USCG MH-65 Dolphin
Replies: 45
Views: 4330

Re: Looking for the USCG MH-65 Dolphin

Joe, thanks for all the work on this. I am looking at the converted USCG MH-65, which I have downloaded and installed - do we just do our own flightplans, or is there another one that you recommend? Update: OK I saw the Barbers Point and Kodiak packages, so that answers my question for those station...
by Ripcord
13 May 2022, 00:01
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: HTAI NC-37B VX-30
Replies: 7
Views: 941

Re: HTAI NC-37B VX-30

Maybe I'll try a couple of paints here - If I had to pick a few to paint, I'd go with these: KC-130T models -- BH404 USN 163023 BH405 USN 162311 BH407 USN 162308 There were a couple others but looks like they've already gone to the boneyard at DM. As for the Mighty Orion, we don't have the billboard...
by Ripcord
12 May 2022, 22:12
Topic: HTAI NC-37B VX-30
Replies: 7

Re: HTAI NC-37B VX-30

Hey got this one in the sim, looking good. Thanks for doing this.

I was also looking for other VX-30 paints, C130 and P3. Could be I missed them somewhere?
by Ripcord
22 Aug 2021, 15:05
Topic: MCAS Iwankuni SCENERY ISSUE
Replies: 13
Views: 1398

Re: MCAS Iwankuni SCENERY ISSUE

I modified (well, pretty much rebuilt) the MAIW Iwakuni to fit P3D's default photoreal background ayear or so ago. I still need to sort out John's harbour to make it fit! Not that I normally visit Japan in-game, but it was a fun exercise. https://i.imgur.com/hLqP3JH.png?1 https://i.imgur.com/q3678o...
by Ripcord
17 Jul 2021, 12:27
Topic: CH-53E Sea Stallion / MH53E Sea Dragon (Rory Kelly model)
Replies: 36
Views: 3676

Re: CH-53E Sea Stallion / MH53E Sea Dragon (Rory Kelly model)

OK I think I managed it now. Testing.

Basically it is all the work that Hartwig, Joe Bowers, and others have done up to this point, with a couple of tweaks to get the rotor animations to work, and a P3Dv4 model.
by Ripcord
12 Jul 2021, 13:38
Topic: MSFS2020 AI - Good News

Re: MSFS2020 AI - Good News

Interesting. I am watching this keenly with respect to AI ship traffic as well.
by Ripcord
09 Jul 2021, 19:21

And I am still messing with the RK model trying to get it to work and fly in P3D v4 - looks great but doesn't fly and/or animations don't work, depending on the settings used.
by Ripcord
06 Jul 2021, 10:34

I am needing some USMC HMH traffic - Chris did you ever do anything with your basic HMH textures? I'd rather build on yours and share/contribute than do my own thing.
by Ripcord
06 Jul 2021, 09:02
Topic: Looking for Virtavia/Alphasim C-17 repaints
Replies: 11
Views: 882

Re: Looking for Virtavia/Alphasim C-17 repaints

I got Travis 066156 but man, it's from 2010 - you are certainly going to be disappointed when it is way outdated. You might want to just rig up a quick & dirty paint template and bang about a few of your own. I started doing this myself, and I have three ANG projects started, but never released.
by Ripcord
24 Jun 2018, 20:48
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: Orbx Compatibility
Replies: 5
Views: 768

Re: Orbx Compatibility

ORBX full fat regions, with just one exception, contain ALL AFDs for every airfield in the region. The exception, however is Australia, and that is just for historical reasons. I think a new version of that region is in the offing, and so I am not privy to those plans. I have gone through and 'adapt...