The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 14 matches

by olafeddm
25 Jan 2023, 20:22
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Help needed please - FSX Flap Test
Replies: 28
Views: 1432

Re: Help needed please - FSX Flap Test

Hi John, sorry for my late testing, here are the results 1. For taxi and take-off, the flaps are half down. 2. For final approach and landing , the flaps start half down and closer to the airport they come fully down. 3. As soon the plane slows down, the flaps retract to a half down position and rem...
by olafeddm
03 May 2022, 18:00
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: MAIW NAS Key West KNQX for FSX - Missing textures
Replies: 9
Views: 454

Re: MAIW NAS Key West KNQX for FSX - Missing textures

Hi guys, after another testing I remembered that many years ago I tried to install the Desmond Burrell's VFA-106 Gladiators package made for FS9 into my FSX and thereby using the methods described in the MAIW_FSX_Installation_Guide.pdf, e.g. installing a folder MAIW Excludes or MAIW Scenery. In this...
by olafeddm
03 May 2022, 14:01

Ok, I will do when at home this evening, but I checked the texture folder, too: there are only 42 textures, the 43rd is the Thumbs.db.
But I do not think this is relevant.
by olafeddm
03 May 2022, 10:40

Hi guys, thank you for your quick response:

@ John: the MAIW Global Object Libraries are installed, as well as the mentioned 5 object libraries, but not the textures as this was not demanded in the manual.

@ TimC340: where can I find the Key West Object library?

TIA

Olaf
by olafeddm
02 May 2022, 18:45

MAIW NAS Key West KNQX for FSX - Missing textures

In the Package North American RA-5C Vigilante - US Navy for FSX the attached KNQX scenery does not show up correctly in my FSX, a number of textures are missing (see attached files). I tried to identify the filename of the missing textures with the method described by FSDeveloper and indeed four tex...
by olafeddm
03 Sep 2021, 09:31
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: First C-130J for the German Air Force
Replies: 8
Views: 802

First C-130J for the German Air Force

The first C-130J for the German Air Force left the paintshop:

https://www.bundeswehr.de/de/organisati ... rt-5213488

(sorry, text in German only)

Olaf
by olafeddm
06 Jun 2021, 13:00
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW MGAI Airbus A330 MRTT / KC-30A Conversion Support
Replies: 31
Views: 3388

Re: MAIW MGAI Airbus A330 MRTT / KC-30A Conversion Support

Hi Gavin, this was very quick, thank you very much. As far as I can see until now, the models work perfectly in my FSX system - great work! I think the majority of FSX users will appreciate this too [as well as (just a friendly hint to think about) similar improvements for the A300 and A310 models o...
by olafeddm
05 Jun 2021, 19:32

Hi Gavin,

thank you very much, I appreciate the offer for a native FSX model. The disabling of the cabin night lighting in my opinion is not so important for a military aircraft. Most of all I am missing the nose wheel steering as I mentioned above. So if you have enough spare time....

TIA
Olaf
by olafeddm
04 Jun 2021, 10:21

Pete is right, the FS9 model works in FSX apart from the nose wheel steering existing in the P3Dv4 model.
For my own private use I tried to convert the P3Dv4 as well as the FS9 model into a FSX model with ModelConverterX, but failed (e. g. the landing gear completely missing).
by olafeddm
21 Apr 2021, 20:11
Topic: MAIW FMAI Transport Allianz C-160 Transall Conversion Support
Replies: 10
Views: 685

Re: MAIW FMAI Transport Allianz C-160 Transall Conversion Support

Manfred: Seeing only wing lights in P3D indicates you loaded FS9 models. Not sure how that could happen though. Olaf: The black prop disk indicates the sim cannot find the texture. Can you verify your texture folders have texture.cfg files which point to the shared texture folder called "textu...
by olafeddm
20 Apr 2021, 18:11
Topic: MAIW FMAI Transport Allianz C-160 Transall Conversion Support
Replies: 10
Views: 685

Re: MAIW FMAI Transport Allianz C-160 Transall Conversion Support

AS an FSX user, I was very pleased to see this model conversion. Unfortunately I have an issue with the prop texture: they are completely black when the engines are running (see attached file). I tried to fix this with a different alpha channel - no improvement. :(

Any ideas?

Regards, Olaf
by olafeddm
24 Sep 2020, 09:01
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Eurofighter Typhoon
Replies: 591
Views: 46078

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Just a small hint for the flightplans of the German Eurofghters: the Airbase Jever (ETNJ) ist closed since September 2013. Apart from this you have done a great work, thank you very much!

Olaf
by olafeddm
06 Sep 2016, 16:42
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Richthofen
Replies: 0
Views: 354

Richthofen

On the occasion of the reestablishment of TFW 71 "Richthofen" of the German Air Force this Eurofighter received a beautiful painting....
Is one of the talented painters able to this?
WITT_2.jpg
by olafeddm
29 May 2013, 07:27
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: "Phinal Phlight"
Replies: 0
Views: 210

"Phinal Phlight"

In about 5 weeks this beauty will have its last flight - if anyon of the talented painters is able to do it?

Thanks in advance

Olaf :D