The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 28 matches

by pennkiwi
11 May 2018, 00:24
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion Support
Replies: 54
Views: 5706

Re: MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion

Thanks for taking up the project to include RAAF models. Along with the converted C-130 and Hawk and John's P-8 and Wedgetail models, we're starting to see a nice representation of what has become a formidable air force...
by pennkiwi
28 Apr 2018, 18:38
Topic: General MAIW Conversion Package issues
Replies: 145
Views: 32186

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Hi Steve I don't use DirectX. I tried it when I first started using FSX-SE but I couldn't get it to work. I think you are probably right, as I've been doing some searching on the forums at AVSIM and found discussions about that very thing. My problem is that although I'm a very experienced flight si...
by pennkiwi
27 Apr 2018, 19:09

First of all, thank you to all who have replied and given me a much better understanding of the issues involved. I'm especially grateful for the positive tone of the replies and that I wasn't being perceived as a whiner making a selfish request. I have always admired and respected the many talented ...
by pennkiwi
27 Apr 2018, 03:27

Hi Greg Thanks for the quick response. You're right of course that I don't have any personal experience of the work required to do the conversions, but I hope you've noted elsewhere in the forums that I have expressed gratitude to the team that has done the work which I realize has been enormous. If...
by pennkiwi
25 Apr 2018, 22:20

I have two questions to ask: 1. Will there be any FSX models to follow those that are purely for P3D4? Unfortunately, because of a graphics tweak to get rid of some very annoying problems, I can only use FSX native models in FSX-SE. 2. Is there a single location where one can go to find other FSX co...
by pennkiwi
25 Apr 2018, 22:17
Topic: MAIW NBAI A400M Atlas Conversion Support
Replies: 4
Views: 659

Re: MAIW NBAI A400M Atlas Conversion Support

Beautiful job of the Atlas... Thanks so much for all your work. Did a flight at Brize Norton last night and the RAF A400s looked absolutely stunning as they taxied out to the runway
by pennkiwi
25 Apr 2018, 22:10
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: AI P-3C Orion RNoAF repaints
Views: 782

Re: AI P-3C Orion RNoAF repaints

Yes, I did find them and converted the textures so the sea approaches to Norway are now being well protected! :) Thanks for reaching out
Ian
by pennkiwi
24 Apr 2018, 23:29
Topic: MAIW RWAI C-17 Globemaster III Conversion Support
Replies: 29
Views: 2953

Re: MAIW RWAI C-17 Globemaster III Conversion Support

Sadly, I am unable to use FS9 models in FSX-SE, due to a graphics fix that eliminated some very annoying problems, but also made it mandatory that I can only use native FSX models. So if a conversion says P3D4 that means I can't use it? So far I've had zero problems with the F16, C130, P3, C141 and ...
by pennkiwi
22 Apr 2018, 22:26
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Activating Emergency Arrestor Wires for Land Bases
Replies: 3
Views: 589

Re: Activating Emergency Arrestor Wires for Land Bases

Thanks for the help. I have used 3Wire in the past to place or adjust arrestor wires on carriers but I'm pretty sure it was for FS9 only. But I will check out both suggestions. If I discover anything of interest, I'll post something about it so others can give it a shot also. It is obviously possibl...
by pennkiwi
22 Apr 2018, 22:20
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: FSX/P3D Transports Conversions
Replies: 2
Views: 840

Re: FSX/P3D Transports Conversions

THANK YOU!!!!! It's wonderful to see FSX-SE starting to come alive with first class military AI... Much, much appreciation for all your hard work
Ian
by pennkiwi
21 Apr 2018, 23:33
Topic: Activating Emergency Arrestor Wires for Land Bases
Replies: 3
Views: 589

Activating Emergency Arrestor Wires for Land Bases

I wonder if anyone has any idea how to readily activate the arrestor wires that are used for emergency stops at most military air bases? They are frequently modeled visually, but it would be really great if we could actually use them, especially with some of the advanced versions of MilViz products ...
by pennkiwi
21 Apr 2018, 23:23
Topic: MSPG Simulations RAF Lossiemouth Scenery WIP
Replies: 11
Views: 2350

Re: MSPG Simulations RAF Lossiemouth Scenery WIP

This looks wonderful. Will it be uploaded to the library here on MAIW once it's ready?
by pennkiwi
21 Apr 2018, 23:20
Topic: Listing Of Military Scenerys
Replies: 104
Views: 42367

Re: Listing Of Military Scenerys

I wonder if the list could also identify which platform it is for - FS9, FSX, P3D etc.

I think this is a great idea and I will work on a list over this weekend. The problem I may have is remembering where I found them and who the author is....
by pennkiwi
04 Apr 2018, 21:30

Re: AI P-3C Orion RNoAF repaints

Hi Paul
I really appreciate your offer. I did try emailing you but it kept bouncing back to me so perhaps you can email them to my address? It's pennkiwi@yahoo.com

I'm really looking forward to being able to complete a full RNoAF AI collection. Thank you in advance
Ian
by pennkiwi
04 Apr 2018, 05:51

AI P-3C Orion RNoAF repaints

Does anyone have, or know where I can find, repaints for the AI P-3C Orions of the Royal Norwegian Air Force? Preferably the new FSX native model but if FS9 I can convert the paint files to go with the FSX model... I have enormous respect for the Norwegian air force as well as loving the Orbx scener...
by pennkiwi
04 Apr 2018, 02:43
Topic: AI Lockheed F-35 Lightning II’s
Replies: 11
Views: 2190

Re: AI Lockheed F-35 Lightning II’s

Thank you to this amazing team for the work you have done... Incredible! A huge contribution to flight simmers all over the world
You guys are awesome!!!!
Ian
by pennkiwi
04 Apr 2018, 02:35
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: FSX-SE Steam
Replies: 1
Views: 1910

Re: FSX-SE Steam

I realize this is an old post but it doesn't seem as if you got a response, so here I am Martin. I use FSX-SE exclusively and would be glad to help in any way I can
Ian Scott
pennkiwi AT yahoo DOT com
by pennkiwi
01 Apr 2018, 18:59
Topic: Aircraft Conversion Preview
Replies: 21
Views: 3082

Re: Aircraft Conversion Preview

I feel the way I used to feel as a kid on Christmas Eve - can't wait to see all the goodies!!! LOL This is awesome guys - it's going to put new life into my sim experience as I've gravitated almost entirely to flying military aircraft in the past year but the limited number of appropriate AI models ...
by pennkiwi
01 Apr 2018, 00:19
Topic: Aircraft Conversion Preview
Replies: 21
Views: 3082

Re: Aircraft Conversion Preview

So grateful for what you are doing. I'm already thrilled with the P3 and F16 conversion packages - excited to see what is coming next.... THANK YOU!!!!!
by pennkiwi
07 Feb 2018, 22:51
Topic: FSX/P3D Conversion Packages
Replies: 17
Views: 2952

Re: FSX/P3D Conversion Packages

Thanks Gavin. I will use the link and see if I think I can be of help. I'll get back to you with specific questions if it looks like it's something I can handle. Unfortunately, it's not just a matter of limited skills. I'm 72 and finding that although "old dogs" can "learn new tricks&...