The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 126 matches

by garysted
26 Mar 2011, 13:02
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Regular unidentified vistor at the Hall
Replies: 8
Views: 456

Re: Regular unidentified vistor at the Hall

Hi Gents, The 100th ARW at Mildenhall has had one or two '135's with MPRS for years now. I don't know how accurate but I did hear that despite having them - which makes sense considering that the 100th is the tanker unit in the most likely place to use them - the 100th had not got any crews qualifie...
by garysted
11 Mar 2011, 20:25
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: F-4J(UK)
Replies: 13
Views: 725

Re: F-4J(UK)

Nice pictures Gary, thanks for sharing those; and thanks for the heads-up on ZE350, shall get that sorted before release. :D No problem, just wish I had taken more back then. Just a a couple of words about loadouts. I don't know if it's any help for AI purposes as I don't know what's possible and w...
by garysted
11 Mar 2011, 17:21
Topic: F-4J(UK)
Replies: 13
Views: 725

Re: F-4J(UK)

Gents, 74 Sqn on the Wattisham Northside HAS site - halcyon days! I spent many a day sitting on that fence watching them taxi past, so close that the jet wash blew over you as they turned the corner. People used to think that the end of Colt's runway was close to the action but I can't think of anot...
by garysted
08 Mar 2011, 17:26
Topic: Armed Forces of Malta
Replies: 21
Views: 930

Re: Armed Forces of Malta

Will do, many thanks.

Gary
by garysted
07 Mar 2011, 22:57
Topic: Armed Forces of Malta
Replies: 21
Views: 930

Re: Armed Forces of Malta

Gents,

Have I missed something obvious, and the textures for the Maltese aircraft are uploaded for general release? I can't see them at flightsim or avsim. If not, I hope it's okay to ask for them please?

Gary
by garysted
07 Feb 2011, 18:21
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Thanks and goodnight
Replies: 19
Views: 1054

Re: Thanks and goodnight

Hi Nick, Sorry to hear that but fully understand your reasons and my best wishes. Many thanks for the excellent work that you have done and the time it must have taken to develop all those models. As you're now pretty local to me, maybe I'll bump into you sometime, I do a good fenceline tour of Watt...
by garysted
01 Feb 2011, 21:58
Topic: Getting permission.
Replies: 4
Views: 377

Re: Getting permission.

Gents, Thanks for answering. I understand your reasoning Graham and why you would want any reference to you removed from the texture files, I hadn't thought of that till now but will do so in the future. I'm just a little shocked that anybody would actually complain about yours and others work that ...
by garysted
31 Jan 2011, 18:31
Topic: Getting permission.
Replies: 4
Views: 377

Getting permission.

Gents, A question I'd like to ask about editing paints and offering them to others. I don't know how to paint aircraft like others here, but using the simple MS paint tool I do frequently edit codes and serials on textures to give myself a selection of different airframes for a base that somebody ma...
by garysted
25 Jan 2011, 21:33
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: 6 Squadron Typhoon's.
Replies: 10
Views: 977

Re: 6 Squadron Typhoon's.

Gents, Everybody who has asked for the latest update should have copies now. Here's a couple of screenshots of 6 Sqn at Leuchars along with 111 in their last couple of months before they - and the F-3 - bite the dust. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/GCS0383.jpg http://i21.photobucket...
by garysted
23 Jan 2011, 18:45
Topic: 6 Squadron Typhoon's.
Replies: 10
Views: 977

Re: 6 Squadron Typhoon's.

Gents,

A further update. Aircraft count is now upto 13 airframes, including the first twin-stick. Email/PM me if anybody wants a update or even the lot from scratch.

gary.stedman@btopenworld.com

Gary
by garysted
03 Jan 2011, 14:41
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: McChord scenery
Replies: 2
Views: 363

Re: McChord scenery

reconmercs wrote:yeah, this was an error with his scenery, I've had the same issue as well.
Ah, that's interesting to know, I was wondering if it was just me. Thanks.

Gary
by garysted
02 Jan 2011, 12:06
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: McChord scenery
Replies: 2
Views: 363

McChord scenery

Gents, With the new C-17 packs I've been visting McChord again, and checking out the Brian Voight scenery that has been available for ages. I just realised that the textures for the tower do not load, and as I've never altered anything there it must have always been like that. I've checked the downl...
by garysted
31 Dec 2010, 23:52
Topic: 62nd AW at McChord AFB...
Replies: 3
Views: 360

Re: 62nd AW at McChord AFB...

Hi, and thanks. I believe it's Mr Stone's model, I've had it installed for so long I've forgot. It came with a McGuire texture, but have acquired most of the US variations from avsim/flightsim.

Gary
by garysted
31 Dec 2010, 21:30
Topic: 62nd AW at McChord AFB...
Replies: 3
Views: 360

62nd AW at McChord AFB...

...or Joint Base Lewis-McChord as they call it nowadays. Added the new C-17 repaints to my existing flightplans and a scenery from the web somewhere. Then took a C-17 for some circuits. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/mchord2.jpg http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/mchord...
by garysted
28 Dec 2010, 16:40
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: AMC West C-17 package by MAIW
Replies: 36
Views: 4265

Re: AMC West C-17 package by MAIW

Gents, Really glad you did these. I've run the majority of larger C-17 units on my own flightplans for a while but was always using the old PAI textures for Charleston/McGuire and McChord, which only gives you a few for each base. I was just in the process of integrating the McChord textures into my...
by garysted
22 Nov 2010, 18:22
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Skrydstrup v2
Replies: 34
Views: 1601

Re: Skrydstrup v2

Totally agree with your thoughts about the AI F-16 Giacomo, it's a lovely 'generic' model that with a little artistic license can cover most variants, but with some of the 'mutant' CFT and podded versions appearing now it really could do with a update from the people who know how to do those sort of...
by garysted
21 Nov 2010, 22:56

Sorted it. The model packaged in the 'RDAF AI' folder mentioned above is the extended chute version, although it uphelpfully doesn't actually say so - I found it in the 'Aircraft cfg' file that is in every model variant folder. Probably obvious to guys familiar with AI aircraft models, but not me! B...
by garysted
21 Nov 2010, 21:03

Nice shots! :) Gary, just a note... the RDAF F-16 don't have the drag chute extension! Ah, the serials I used are up to date, I checked them on scramble.nl. Another reliable source is f-16.net. Remember that four aircrafts are currently based in Keflavik! There is a photo showing them landing on Ai...
by garysted
21 Nov 2010, 20:38

Gents, Just generated FP's for about a dozen or so RDAF F-16's from that pack and they look okay. I tend to write my own FP's using a lot of waypoints, but thanks for the reminder Giacomo and I look forward to what you've got planned next. Couple of screenies showing Skrydstrup and the textures from...
by garysted
21 Nov 2010, 18:52

Zsolt,

It's on avsim as 'rdaf_ai_pack.zip', it has a few RDAF AFCAD's and AI F-16/C-130/CL-604's as well as a det from the NATO E-3 force (already covered by MAIW). I haven't used it yet so can't say how much use it is, but am now writing for some F-16's.

Gary