The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 45 matches

by WingZ
03 Sep 2016, 03:26
Forum: MKAI
Topic: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar
Replies: 468
Views: 39453

Re: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar

If an aircraft misses a hold short, in my experience, it will not take off. I suspect the truth, if it ever emerges, will be directed by that observation... I let the sim create a new FS9.cfg file: no effect I substituted the Stemme .air file: no effect I replaced the entire aircraft.cfg with the e...
by WingZ
02 Sep 2016, 08:57

Nope. As I mentioned, this happens at any airport, so is not AFCAD-specific. The reason I chose Humberside for the test, is that others have reported NO Problem with the Puma there. So it is going to be a system setting in my sim. I think it will take some knowledge of the XML used in the FDE to fig...
by WingZ
02 Sep 2016, 06:51

Thanks for the reply Steve, you have a PM
by WingZ
02 Sep 2016, 03:10

Many thanks to you all for these fantastic models, repaints and flightplans! I hope UK2000 Aberdeen is not too far away, to complete the North Sea experience. I'm going to drop this in here, in the hope that some erudite person can think of an explanation: https://youtu.be/gHrhW1GvO9U The Puma has N...
by WingZ
11 Aug 2016, 05:41
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Ten for Ten Part 2: USAF Ospreys
Replies: 36
Views: 3639

Re: Ten for Ten Part 2: USAF Ospreys

I'll add my thanks and admiration for this package - just splendid! Couple of issues in FS9: I also am seeing rotors disappearing against clouds. Can't think of the cause right now, I know there's a fix for this. And I saw a couple of very hard landings! enough to trigger the crash and vanish thing,...
by WingZ
28 Apr 2016, 02:19

Hello Mark (Tranquil): Any plans to release the civilian repaints?
by WingZ
12 Apr 2016, 21:46

The Offshore Design Group has extensive placement of offshore facilities. http://www.fs-odg.com/ It might be overkill to include all 309 possible platform destinations, so perhaps start with the bases: (taken from ODG Readme) Helicopter Operators -------------------- In real life, 3 operators, Brist...
by WingZ
10 Apr 2016, 21:13

Excellent! Thank you Miljan.
And Mark: great work, can't wait for your repaints to pop up in all my favourite places!
by WingZ
25 Mar 2016, 18:47

John thanks for looking, and I'm glad the aircraft works on your system. I am about 99% sure it is not an afcad problem, as mentioned it does this at another simple airfield with no other AI. Plugging in the UTT S-76 in both instances solves the problem, so it is a global setting somewhere that is a...
by WingZ
24 Mar 2016, 22:00

Thanks for the reply, John. I'm not sure if you refer specifically to the hold shorts at the UK2000 scenery, or just in general. Thing is, swapping a UTT S-76 into the flightplan works just fine. I did tinker with the HS nodes, moving them even closer, to no effect. Just for interest, I took the Pum...
by WingZ
24 Mar 2016, 09:05

I am hoping to populate my UK2000 EGNJ Humberside scenery with a Bristow Super Puma or two. I notice a repaint earlier in the thread, did it ever make it out the door? Then: I dropped AI_MKAI_AS532U2_Cougar RNLAF from a link above into the scenery, and found a couple of oddities: 1. The sliding door...
by WingZ
20 Oct 2015, 05:36
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Chrome Blocks Download
Replies: 13
Views: 1787

Re: Chrome Blocks Download

No answers, only more questions... it used to be possible to decide yourself whether a file was OK to open. No longer, Google decided this file was Bad and that's the end of it. It sits in my download folder as a cryptic file which cannot be accessed. Is Google becoming like Apple, who knows best wh...
by WingZ
19 Oct 2015, 21:18
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Chrome Blocks Download
Replies: 13
Views: 1787

Chrome Blocks Download

I downloaded the Culdrose package, and as the title suggests, Chrome didn't like it.
I wondered if anyone has similar issues?
It's a Chrome problem, probably; certainly I would expect to be able to override it, but no such option!
by WingZ
04 Oct 2015, 19:38
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: The Owl's Nest on Bootstrap
Replies: 21
Views: 2693

Re: The Owl's Nest on Bootstrap

That works well now!
The internet in general is a little slow, perhaps there is a war being waged that we aren't being told about.
New Zealand loads its icon ... dead last.
Being on the Date Line We are used to being first with everything :)
by WingZ
04 Oct 2015, 09:40
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: The Owl's Nest on Bootstrap
Replies: 21
Views: 2693

Re: The Owl's Nest on Bootstrap

Great resource as ever, Martin! A small irritation... when you click on the aircraft symbol on the world map, you arrive at the appropriate aircraft listing. After clicking through to the download link, the browser "back" button takes you back to the entire world map, which takes a while t...
by WingZ
27 Sep 2015, 05:13
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: B-24 Liberator
Replies: 82
Views: 7549

Re: B-24 Liberator

Nice idea... any suggestions about when and where would be the best place to intercept these?
by WingZ
26 Sep 2015, 22:45
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Liberator!
Replies: 0
Views: 317

Liberator!

I always think a "Thank you' isn't complete without a screenshot... http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/540/emRsh8.jpg This turned out to be somewhat dearer than the expected freeware installation, as I never did have a B-24 in the WW2 hangar (too ugly etc). So Virtavia benefited from ...
by WingZ
26 Sep 2015, 22:29
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Website/forum maintenance: Tuesday, September 22nd (finished)
Replies: 2
Views: 480

Re: Website/forum maintenance: Tuesday, September 22nd (finished)

Chrome went into a "redirect Loop", fixed by flushing all cookies from this site.
by WingZ
15 Aug 2015, 00:17
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI FSX F-15s for FSX Lakenheath (ACG)
Replies: 98
Views: 12115

Re: JYAI FSX F-15s for FSX Lakenheath (ACG)

Many thanks for these John! They will most certainly find homes all over and for a long time to come. Day 1 release numbers are fun to watch, but think of how much pleasure will be given to a whole bunch of folk, down the track. I still get a kick out of receiving a query years after a release... An...
by WingZ
12 Apr 2015, 10:01
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: KRMG T-6 Texan II Falls Over
Replies: 19
Views: 1519

Re: KRMG T-6 Texan II Falls Over

It does indeed work as advertised; interesting that with very little change in taxi speed, the Texans will overshoot the first turnout and go to the end of the runway. Of course in the RNZAF flightplan (previously for the CT4's) these 6 birds depart NZOH in pairs. Arriving at NZWB #1 lands and 2 bre...