The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 10 matches

by dlfrench
18 Jul 2022, 16:25
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: ETAR Ramstein AB 2022
Replies: 4
Views: 623

Re: ETAR Ramstein AB 2022

Thanks! Haven't seen the hole in FSX. Doesn't mean it isn't there! I will look again. Thanks for the feedback.
Dan
by dlfrench
17 Jul 2022, 17:42
Topic: ETAR Ramstein AB 2022
Replies: 4
Views: 623

ETAR Ramstein AB 2022

Just uploaded an FSX version of today's Ramstein AB. On AVSIM and FlightSim.com. Would appreciate constructive (or destructive) comments on improvements as I'm working on a scenery for Rota Naval Base, Spain. Thanks
Dan
by dlfrench
01 Jun 2022, 15:35
Topic: Lighting at Ramstein AB
Replies: 2
Views: 384

Re: Lighting at Ramstein AB

Thanks!! Great info and resources, too!
Dan
by dlfrench
30 May 2022, 14:55
Topic: Lighting at Ramstein AB
Views: 384

Lighting at Ramstein AB

I am currently working on FSX scenery for Ramstein AB modern era. I am including the fighter area on the southwest side of the airport with hardened shelters as if they were (are) still active. How are/were these areas lighted? I expect most was dark, but did they "ramplight" parking spots...
by dlfrench
10 Mar 2014, 01:53
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Carswell + B-58
Replies: 14
Views: 1324

Re: Carswell + B-58

Jorge Rechani and Juan mArtinez have one in their Texas Airports 1962 scenery on FlightSim.com. They were working on B-36s for AI. Not sure about B-58s.
Dan
by dlfrench
17 Jun 2012, 04:26
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Carswell AFB Historic
Views: 235

Re: Carswell AFB Historic

Thanks, Steve!
by dlfrench
16 Jun 2012, 16:35
Topic: Carswell AFB Historic
Views: 235

Carswell AFB Historic

A couple of us were thinking about doing a Carswell AFB historic package of scenery/ AI (freeware) in the days of the B 36 as a tribute to both the plane and the base. Any thoughts, ideas, photos, etc.? Kazunori Ito made a very nice B 36 model and allows repaints, but I'm not sure how many can go on...
by dlfrench
24 May 2012, 16:47
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Altus AFB
Replies: 0
Views: 368

Altus AFB

I am building a scenery for Altus AFB with custom buildings. The hangars aren't to hard to do with Google Earth and a little imagination, but there are some other interesting buildings that are hard to get perspective on. There is especially one due north of the KC135 flight line next to the control...
by dlfrench
23 May 2012, 03:50
Topic: Fuelling of heavy military aircraft
Replies: 5
Views: 465

Re: Fuelling of heavy military aircraft

Thanks, guys. I'm putting in fuel truck paths.

Dan
by dlfrench
18 May 2012, 18:57
Topic: Fuelling of heavy military aircraft
Replies: 5
Views: 465

Fuelling of heavy military aircraft

I'm working on a modern AFB scenery in FSX. Question of fuel trucks came up on building the AFCAD. Do modern heavy military planes (e.g. C17, C5) fuel in place via trucks, or tow/taxi to a fueling site for refill? Also when loading a KC135 for fuel for other aircraft, do they have a dedicated site? ...