The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 131 matches

by Felixthreeone
24 Feb 2018, 17:58
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Trees in KPSM scenery in FSX?
Replies: 0
Views: 292

Trees in KPSM scenery in FSX?

Anyone know how to (or who can do it for me) get rid of the trees in the scenery for KPSM? Everything is good except the trees which have mirrored boxes around them (they obviously need conversion, but with three kids running around and very little time to mess with it I'm at an impass). Any help wo...
by Felixthreeone
01 Mar 2013, 04:14
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI engine smoke fire trails?
Replies: 3
Views: 516

AI engine smoke fire trails?

Sorry I didn't have time to post a pic, but I noticed the other evening that any of the ai equipped with smoky engines have an anomaly. It seems that at dusk they turn into giant fireballs in the sky, as they trail the smoke. Is this an issue with the effect itself? Can it be remedied in FSX? I seem...
by Felixthreeone
26 Feb 2013, 12:13
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Skyhawk
Replies: 75
Views: 5706

Re: Skyhawk

I had a request for the M models last week, so I need to get up and finish this project up, so it will be off of my brain.... and in the hands of the fans..... 8) ..And I thank you very much for responding to my request so quickly and we are looking forward to them! Our package is going to kick som...
by Felixthreeone
21 Feb 2013, 16:39
Topic: New FSX Whidbey scenery on simviation...
Replies: 5
Views: 310

Re: New FSX Whidbey scenery on simviation...

Hey guys...just wanted to give a heads up on a new KNUW scenery available on simviation. FSX-native Whidbey NAS, with IFLOLS and ORBX-PNW compatible ground poly... ...I modded the ADE file included with it to make it work with our MAIW parking codes, and it works great! You have to remove the stati...
by Felixthreeone
17 Feb 2013, 19:57
Topic: New FSX Whidbey scenery on simviation...
Views: 310

New FSX Whidbey scenery on simviation...

Hey guys...just wanted to give a heads up on a new KNUW scenery available on simviation. FSX-native Whidbey NAS, with IFLOLS and ORBX-PNW compatible ground poly... ...I modded the ADE file included with it to make it work with our MAIW parking codes, and it works great! You have to remove the static...
by Felixthreeone
27 Jan 2013, 19:42
Topic: Aaron's Oceana paints
Replies: 4
Views: 227

Re: Aaron's Oceana paints

Ok so I found dxtfixerx, on avsim. My problem now is that I cannot get image tool for FSX, as it says that it installs with the sdk, which I never installed. Is there a way to get the FSX version of image tool without the sdk? And can this batch-convert the textures for me?
by Felixthreeone
27 Jan 2013, 18:44

Re: Aaron's Oceana paints

Thanks for the response...where can I find these two tools? Are they relatively 'idiot-proof' lol?
by Felixthreeone
27 Jan 2013, 18:01

Aaron's Oceana paints

Just a quick question for the texture gurus out there...I noticed that the textures Aaron Haase did for his oceana hornets are quite large in size (something like 4mb for the main one). I also noticed that the VFA-106 paints from the gladiators package were much smaller. I seem to have much more of ...
by Felixthreeone
05 Nov 2012, 00:52
Topic: Canopy fixes for fsx
Replies: 19
Views: 803

Re: Canopy fixes for fsx

The owl's nest website has most of the fixed canopy files for those aircraft in the download section. The newer packages I am not so sure about, but a large number of the older packages are covered.
by Felixthreeone
05 Nov 2012, 00:51
Topic: Pensacola texans in fsx
Replies: 27
Views: 796

Re: Pensacola texans in fsx

I have the Pensacola Texans working fine in FSX. I am using them in conjunction with Jim Dhaenen's FSX Pensacola scenery.
by Felixthreeone
21 Oct 2012, 00:49
Topic: VTPP, VTPX, LWM2files
Views: 486

Re: VTPP, VTPX, LWM2files

Thank you for the clarification! Much appreciated
by Felixthreeone
19 Oct 2012, 19:35
Topic: VTPP, VTPX, LWM2files
Views: 486

VTPP, VTPX, LWM2files

Just finished re-reading the MAIW install guide; No problems for most packages, but a few are exhibiting some strange behavior on the grounds....wanted to make sure that the VTPP, VTPX, and LWM2 files are NOT supposed to be carried over to FSX? Thanks in advance!
by Felixthreeone
19 Oct 2012, 14:02
Topic: Nellis AB in FSX?
Replies: 19
Views: 1729

Re: Nellis AB in FSX?

I am having some issues mainly with the AFCAD. I use the payware AFX program from flight1 to make changes to afcads in my setup, and it works great! I noticed that the aircraft taxiing were on pavement, but arriving aircraft were sunk into the ground. Made the elevation change to fsx elevation, and ...
by Felixthreeone
08 Mar 2012, 23:44
Forum: Military Aviation Photography
Topic: Sorta military
Views: 456

Re: Sorta military

Holy cow. I would love to shoot that '500. I had many hours in her in FS9. Nice.
by Felixthreeone
28 Feb 2012, 00:01
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Some retro F-16's
Replies: 30
Views: 1359

Re: Some retro F-16's

Freakin badass! I photographed a couple of the N model vipers back in the day...boy do those paints bring back some great memories!!
by Felixthreeone
24 Feb 2012, 00:37
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Nice Freeware Grumman Models from Milton Shupe
Replies: 7
Views: 564

Re: Nice Freeware Grumman Models from Milton Shupe

They are very, very nice. Milton has always produced some of the best freeware aircraft for FS9...

I am going to wait for the FSX native versions of these to be finished, which Milton has said are well underway, then they will find a place in my hangar.
by Felixthreeone
19 Feb 2012, 18:40
Topic: Aggressor Scooters!
Replies: 32
Views: 1639

Re: Aggressor Scooters!

These are all great paints! I would like to see the ATAC scooters done, as they represent currently flying A-4's...I wish I had the repainting skills you guys all have...
by Felixthreeone
15 Feb 2012, 21:57
Topic: Has anyone painted the CONA P-3's?
Replies: 1
Views: 232

Has anyone painted the CONA P-3's?

Just curious...as I have been unable to find them through searches and so on...I have begun the long and arduous process of installing all the MAIW on my new FSX rig, and am hoping to keep up as I go along with some of the newer schemes...thanks in advance!
by Felixthreeone
11 Mar 2011, 00:07
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Not military but...
Replies: 34
Views: 1946

Re: Not military but...

The HTAI one is waaay better, and quite a lot of people own the payware package. Some friends and I will be doing a few GA packages in coming months that include a few of the HTAI payware ai cessnas, so don't let the fact that they are a payware product discourage you from going forward with it!