The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 37 matches

by JBD
15 Nov 2023, 19:35
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Sud Aviation/Aérospatiale Alouette II
Replies: 31
Views: 1368

Re: Sud Aviation/Aérospatiale Alouette II

Thanks John. Now installed with scenery and helicopters looking great. I had a problem which might be encountered by some FSX users. The version of Buckerburg that I am using has an exercise location using ETH2. The conflict with your ETH2 resulted in no AI at Frizlar. I removed ETH2 from Buckerburg...
by JBD
15 Jun 2023, 20:36
Topic: JYAI Westland Lynx
Replies: 9
Views: 918

Re: JYAI Westland Lynx

Thanks for these John. I finally retired the venerable UKMIL Lynx from Middle Wallop (Lynx Conversion Flight).
by JBD
15 Jun 2023, 20:20
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: A few Retro Repaints
Replies: 66
Views: 4072

Re: A few Retro Repaints

Just installed the CATCS Provosts at Shawbury. An unexpected addition to the retro scene. Can’t believe Shawbury now has these alongside 2FTS Gazelles and Wessex. Thanks!
by JBD
15 Jun 2023, 20:12
Topic: JYAI Westland Wessex
Replies: 56
Views: 3638

Re: JYAI Westland Wessex

So many downloads I hardly knew where to start. Decided to start with 22 Sqdn at Brian Clarke’s Chivenor. They look amazing. Perfect companions for Derek’s Hawk repaints. Next up the Queen’s Flight at Benson and 2 FTS at Shawbury. Thanks to all involved!
by JBD
21 Apr 2023, 21:13
Topic: JYAI Westland Wessex
Views: 3638

Re: JYAI Westland Wessex

Amazing John. Can’t wait to put the 22 Sqdn machines into Chivenor.
by JBD
08 Apr 2023, 12:51
Topic: HS Andover
Replies: 45
Views: 2924

Re: HS Andover

Brilliant work thank you John. 115 Squadron and the QF installed at Benson, 32 Squadron at Northolt. They look superb. On to Wildenrath and the RAE tomorrow. The late 80s retro scene improved yet again!

Regards,
John D.
by JBD
21 Oct 2022, 07:52
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAF Finningley
Replies: 32
Views: 1497

Re: RAF Finningley

Tim.
Scenery looks great except for the tree problems already referred to. Could you please advise the parking codes used for the JPs (they are blank in the download). I have set up the four Chipmunks to use the grass strip EGXX. Had you anything else in mind for EGXX?
John D.
by JBD
01 Oct 2022, 15:08
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: AI at Alconbury FSX
Replies: 32
Views: 1381

Re: AI at Alconbury FSX

Away from my pc at the moment so can’t check this. I wanted to install the JYAI A10 at Bentwaters & Woodbridge when repaints became available. This was in FSX and the AI failed to appear. After a bit of tinkering I think that reducing the wingspan fixed the problem. Was worth the effort. They lo...
by JBD
21 Nov 2021, 20:34
Topic: JYAI Gloster Meteors
Replies: 115
Views: 7896

Re: JYAI Gloster Meteors

Just downloaded the package and note from the manual that there’s a possibility of a 1980s version of Ahlhorn. I for one would like to express my interest as the location for Det 3 A-10s. The scenery as provided for the Meteors looks great. Really like the bilingual No Smoking warning. Was surprised...
by JBD
02 Jul 2021, 09:24
Topic: JYAI Avro Shackleton's
Replies: 26
Views: 2373

Re: JYAI Avro Shackleton's

Amazing work John. Remembering your previous comments I never expected to see these!
by JBD
16 Apr 2021, 21:33
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Seaking Reloaded
Replies: 54
Views: 5013

Re: Seaking Reloaded

Thanks to all involved with this. My UKMIL “Junglies” are now retired.
The Arctic pair look great alongside the Harriers at Bardufoss.

John D.
by JBD
24 Oct 2020, 13:31
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Saab MFI-17
Replies: 41
Views: 3593

Re: Saab MFI-17

John. Away from my pc (an ancient thing running on Vista) at the moment so can’t check my frame rate. I’d guess it’s well below 30 so that might indeed be part of the problem. The config file attached above certainly fixes the issue in my set up and I’d be interested to find out if it works for anyo...
by JBD
22 Oct 2020, 14:57

OK. That's the first time I've uploaded anything. Next time I'll try not to upload it twice! Hopefully it will work. Note that it gets the FS9 version to work in my FSX setup.

Regards,
John D.
by JBD
22 Oct 2020, 14:53

I mentioned this FSX problem to Jon a while back. Didn’t put it in the forum as I’m hoping to set up retro flight plans for upload. Intended to raise it then. I fixed the problem by replacing the general section of the config file by copying from the Bulldog. Works fine in my setup. This was using ...
by JBD
16 Oct 2020, 22:04

Sorry John. I meant the general section and everything below there. In other words I replaced the whole of the config file ( except for the [Fltsim.xx] section) with the contents from the Bulldog. The Saab then performs perfectly in FSX. Not ideal probably but for me a pragmatic temporary fix. John D.
by JBD
16 Oct 2020, 13:05

I mentioned this FSX problem to Jon a while back. Didn’t put it in the forum as I’m hoping to set up retro flight plans for upload. Intended to raise it then. I fixed the problem by replacing the general section of the config file by copying from the Bulldog. Works fine in my setup. This was using t...
by JBD
23 Feb 2019, 20:39
Topic: Fairford RIAT AI
Replies: 8
Views: 833

Re: Fairford RIAT AI

AIFP is a great tool and pretty straightforward to use - worth giving it a try. I have AI set up for Fairford as a SAC deployment base (B-52s with KC-10 support). Please get back if you have a problem with AIFP. You really can set up traffic to match you own imagination- in my case late Cold War!
by JBD
11 Jan 2019, 22:42
Topic: RAF Leuchars for fsx
Replies: 8
Views: 991

Re: RAF Leuchars for fsx

UkMil version is excellent. Well defined parking so easy to set up traffic for whatever era you fancy. Don’t know what’s happened to UkMil - seems to no longer exist. Anyone know what’s happened?
by JBD
08 Mar 2018, 22:44
Forum: General Projects
Topic: West Freugh
Replies: 1
Views: 513

West Freugh

Just a quick thank you to Brian Clarke for this scenery. Works just fine in FSX. Now need to get busy with AIFP to add a bit more traffic!
by JBD
30 Dec 2017, 20:56
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Retro RAF Alconbury
Views: 8992

Re: Retro RAF Alconbury

Hi John.
Looks like the country is England rather than United Kingdom. I expect that is something to do with it (though can’t see how that would cause a problem with map view). Will take a look tomorrow.

John D.