The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 366 matches

by gavinc
25 Mar 2024, 21:50
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Urgent Forum Maintenance
Replies: 9
Views: 349

Re: Urgent Forum Maintenance

Thanks to all of you who figured out how to keep MAIW alive.

Gavin
by gavinc
02 Mar 2024, 16:15
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Where can I find the MKAI C-27NG model?
Replies: 5
Views: 133

Re: Where can I find the MKAI C-27NG model?

I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks but once I get back to my game PC converting the C-27NG is high on my list of free time activities.

In this case patience isn't just a virtue but a necessity.

Cheers
Gavin
by gavinc
17 Feb 2024, 00:12
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390
Replies: 190
Views: 5896

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Further newsflash: Henry Tomkiewiecz has agreed to allow us to use the Caravan 1 model in the package subject to accreditation. I have the email from Henry; is there a document library I need to copy it to? Question - Is he allowing us to use the model converted by Graham (Orbx)? I can contact Grah...
by gavinc
12 Feb 2024, 22:37
Topic: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390
Replies: 190
Views: 5896

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Jon, Thanks for the FAB Caravans, but is there a C-208 model with cargo pod I'm missing? Both my HTAI models (normal/cp) have texture sheets that use a "aic208b_T" file name. I've looked over my AIGAIM HTAI models as well and can't find a Caravan I cp model. There is an MAIW/HTAI C-208B w...
by gavinc
11 Feb 2024, 15:22
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Hoping someone here might be able to help
Replies: 6
Views: 234

Re: Hoping someone here might be able to help

It is hard to tell from your screenshot but it looks like all your aircraft are red. That means they aren't being found. Make sure the names of your aircraft in your aircraft.cfg are the same as the names you are using in your flight plans. The other reason could be if you have any FS9 compiled flig...
by gavinc
29 Jan 2024, 22:41
Forum: Camo repaints ltd
Topic: MAIW_WSMG F-16's
Replies: 225
Views: 6643

Re: MAIW_WSMG F-16's

Well now we know that we can achieve it. It is only now down to slogging through the backlog. This is the time consuming and tedious bit. There is no shortcut here there is now a procedure which involves multiple manipulations and has to be carried out on each mdl. Converting the created schemes is...
by gavinc
23 Jan 2024, 14:02
Forum: Camo repaints ltd
Topic: CH-53 Family
Replies: 45
Views: 2719

Re: CH-53 Family

Anyone using in FSX have turning rotors animations inflight? Not seeing in P3Dv5.3 after looking over the model in MCX using Gavin's conversion guide, I think the "rotor blur" coding is correct but not sure. Try using Prop0 rather than rotor - AI Helis are really just weird airplanes so P...
by gavinc
29 Dec 2023, 22:54
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: C-17 from Pittsburgh IAP
Replies: 10
Views: 426

Re: C-17 from Pittsburgh IAP

I thought the FS9 model worked in FSX ? if you look on the OWLSNEST it says it does and there are loads of links to the model(s). The FS9 model works fine in FSX. It is only P3D that absolutely required re-compiling the models. Sometimes we would only re-compile for P3D if the model had no issues i...
by gavinc
24 Nov 2023, 21:20
Topic: jon's paints
Replies: 123
Views: 10261

Re: jon's paints

Revised Canadian A330 MRTT's. Paints now include the wing roundels and serials. 330002 has the temp tail number removed and serial added under the Canadian Flag on the tail. Please replace the downloaded files with these paints. Please allow time for the Hanger upload process. Look good Jon. Thanks...
by gavinc
09 Nov 2023, 23:45
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: SOLVED BY HSCHUIT (MCX): Possible to change aircraft animation?
Replies: 32
Views: 1208

Re: (MCX): Possible to change aircraft animation?

Henk probably has the right way to generate new GUIDs, but I always just randomly change a few characters (remembering of course that they are hexadecimal characters) on the GUID of the source animation that I use as the template for my new animations. It hasn't come back to bite me yet (but probabl...
by gavinc
07 Nov 2023, 22:55
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: USE RED ARROWS
Replies: 11
Views: 442

Re: USE RED ARROWS

Does it use a special "Red Arrows" Hawk model? or is just a matter of converting the textures & flightplan.

Just checking as i haven't downloaded the pack yet.

Also looking forward to the Farnborough scenery (hopefully I can import it into P3D)

Gavin
by gavinc
07 Nov 2023, 22:50

Hi Manfred,
Just for the same of completeness and for future reference. I think the reason you couldn't see your animation in MCX is that animation names need to be a single word.

IE My_anim will work but My Anim won't

Gavin
by gavinc
06 Nov 2023, 23:51

Okay, Gavin, thank you. I did as suggested, added your line <Animation name="ai_Underwing_Light" guid="c9490e08-c20a-4642-c666-5234efd1aa01" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="ai_Underwing_Light" typeParam="AutoPlay" /> on top of the make...
by gavinc
06 Nov 2023, 23:41
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: 25 Sqn
Replies: 20
Views: 2264

Re: 25 Sqn

Question, were the Hawk T2 repaints for RAF Valley ever uploaded to the library?

If so my search-foo is as defective as usual, if not, does anyone have a copy they could share with me?

thanks
Gavin
by gavinc
05 Nov 2023, 20:14

Hmm, I seem to be too stupid. I need a little tutoring how to create the xml file and where to put it afterwards. Sorry for effort, but I am better in designing sceneries than aircraft... Hi Manfred the default modeldef.xml is part of the SDK, for P3D it is under Modeling/3ds Max/bin. I suggest you...
by gavinc
03 Nov 2023, 21:55

Thanks a lot, Gavin. Okay, the solution using the Electrical Master Battery sounds like a jackpot..... But how do I realize this? The word "simpler" give me hope to be able to do this... Where can I find the apropriate part to change something? That's exciting... Here is code I used to tr...
by gavinc
03 Nov 2023, 21:42
Topic: MAIW File Size Upload Limits
Replies: 36
Views: 1461

Thread theft

I have seen Linux, Steve. :-) I am a big fan of Microsoft Windows, even with all the weird things that come along with it. Remember the time when you only had to look the wrong way at a 3.51 NT computer to make him blue screen without any chance of recovery? Microsoft has come a long way since that...
by gavinc
02 Nov 2023, 22:01

Manfred, You would need to write a custom xml animation that would sense whether the aircraft was taxi-ing (I'm not sure how you would detect this, perhaps via "Sim on ground" variable in conjunction with the "Ground Velocity" variable. Then you can assign this animation to the f...
by gavinc
09 Oct 2023, 20:38
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Hi! sorry if this is annoyance, but how i get started creating AI flightplans for FSX?
Replies: 65
Views: 2512

Re: Hi! sorry if this is annoyance, but how i get started creating AI flightplans for FSX?

JoeJeepWrangler wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 23:57 It's the TBAI Cirrus SR-22, With the NASA repaint from here.
https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... rrus-sr-22
It's AI only as far as i know
Try changing the flight type to VFR (visual flight rules).

Gavin
by gavinc
06 Oct 2023, 21:11
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Hi! sorry if this is annoyance, but how i get started creating AI flightplans for FSX?
Replies: 65
Views: 2512

Re: Hi! sorry if this is annoyance, but how i get started creating AI flightplans for FSX?

[could you post a screenshot of what the legs of that flight should look like, so i can copy it to try it out? I copied your flight plan, and the plane model indeed works! and it's at the airport! In the short time i was testing, it just sat on the ramp, but im guessing if i watch him for a little ...