The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 19 matches

by jyarddog
10 Jan 2023, 19:15
Forum: General Projects
Topic: C17 airplane MAIW_PAI_C-17 AMC West Coast
Replies: 3
Views: 366

Re: C17 airplane MAIW_PAI_C-17 AMC West Coast

will try that and report back
by jyarddog
09 Jan 2023, 22:49
Forum: General Projects
Topic: C17 airplane MAIW_PAI_C-17 AMC West Coast
Replies: 3
Views: 366

C17 airplane MAIW_PAI_C-17 AMC West Coast

A friend of mine and I both have this plane. We can't get it to show in FSX or P3D I unzip it and I get an exe file and a readme file I cannot read.

Where do I install this exe file so fsx or p3d can see it and run it? Bob
by jyarddog
22 Jan 2017, 20:35
Forum: FSDS Program Basics
Topic: animation position after merging projects very weird
Replies: 4
Views: 1099

Re: animation position after merging projects very weird

bingo!!!Maybe someone can contact him and ask permission to do it. I heard he was more into doing music these days. Scott Hendricks (a fine designer) was trying to nudge him to do it.
by jyarddog
21 Jan 2017, 17:51

Re: animation position after merging projects very weird

Mike- Thank you for the response. Hope John is doing well. I was working in xtomdl so I guess this occurs with both compilers. Anyway- as I stated I just redid the animation and it worked out fine. Maybe when one does 'merge' it screws up FSDS's mind. ;) I wonder if anyone can get Sinclaire to do an...
by jyarddog
20 Jan 2017, 19:03

animation position after merging projects very weird

Been with FSDS for years. Always noticed this odd behavior... example.... I made a nice atc tower with stairs, antennae, trans glass, etc. I then thought I would merge this with another object I made a few months ago....... a little animated anemometer (little wind thingy that spins around in the wi...
by jyarddog
11 Jun 2016, 21:08
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: error msgs in FSDS
Replies: 10
Views: 802

Re: error msgs in FSDS

very good.
by jyarddog
11 Jun 2016, 18:34

I guess there was no interest in discussing moving , collapsing, etc vertices. Where I get some errors msgs is when I use left-over parts like windows that were cut out... moving those back to cover the holes and then do a 'trans' on them and map my alpha texture on them. Works great but often error...
by jyarddog
17 May 2016, 16:34

discuss moving or collapsing vertices, please. What I do probably causes too many polys but it works and is simple. If I am going to have the user see inside the fuselage I first make as many 'tools' (as required in FSDS) in the shape I need and positioned so they do not touch each other at all. I j...
by jyarddog
17 May 2016, 08:05

I see. `.... vaguely.(hahaa) But I get the idea. I was basically trying to find some definitions to these msgs. These here seem fairly descriptive. My object still compiled ok and looks ok. BTw- Do you know Bill W in Seattle. He and I work together a lot. Those I have helped over the years I have to...
by jyarddog
16 May 2016, 18:37

error msgs in FSDS

Here's an example. I noticed this after I did a Boolean OP and then used one of the parts as windows from trans. works but error msgs occur. OutputFile: _temp.MDL Output file after modification: _temp.MDL Creating output MDL file: _temp.MDL warning : Degenerate poly detected in file (C:\ABACUS\FSDS ...
by jyarddog
16 May 2016, 18:34
Topic: UKMIL Leuchars help
Replies: 1
Views: 505

Re: UKMIL Leuchars help

Don't know off hand but I'd port everything over to FSX then use ModelconverterX to minimize drawcalls. friend of mine and I did a great version of Leuchars but haven't been able to contact owners of various textures to get permission to use them yet. so we can't yet upload it. We only do free anywa...
by jyarddog
29 Apr 2016, 07:03
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: looking for adjustments
Replies: 12
Views: 2080

Re: looking for adjustments

Perhaps. I just remember under current item properties there was something called pre operations or preconditions in FSDS ver. 3 Maybe I stated it wrong. AAH-ha! it is called preprocess. I still have a copy of ver.3 then I upgraded to 3.5.1 and have had both since dirt was young. Bob
by jyarddog
27 Apr 2016, 01:15

wow! Send it along here if you can. xtomdl and makemdl are somewhat different, but there must be many similarities. When I got FSDS 3.5.1 I was told the main upgrade was to be able to continue with aircraft designing due to some differences. If I didn't have FSX then there wasn't much reason to get ...
by jyarddog
26 Apr 2016, 16:40

might do that but been a while. just thought there might be a list somewhere or hints as to what to look for. ;) Bob
by jyarddog
25 Apr 2016, 21:11

I think it does have that feature. I'll take a look and get back to you. It's just that when I look at the error file I haven't the foggiest idea what it's talking about! Now and then I might see something about reversed poly - then I know what to look for. Bob
by jyarddog
25 Apr 2016, 19:12

errors in xtomdl when I screw up and do something wrong and try to compile. Biiiiig list of errors shows up. Often however it will still compile. Other times it refuses to compile, like when I forgot to correct an attachment I used twice. Now sometimes I think it means there might be a poly that is ...
by jyarddog
25 Apr 2016, 15:19

wonderful. Thanx. hope it works in the other panes. Will give this a try. I also was wondering if there is any list that tells us what error messages mean when or if we get them? There is one I know of - can't remember the actual message, but it is when I attach an effect with partdatadef and forgot...
by jyarddog
22 Apr 2016, 19:14

looking for adjustments

I've been using FSDS for years, but there is always something to learn. Is there a way to increase the zoom in ability to get closer to your object? Also- Is there a way to make your mouse less sensitive so when using the mouse the lines, moving or rotations are not so erratic in its movement? Thoug...
by jyarddog
31 Aug 2013, 08:58
Topic: tutorial 6
Replies: 0
Views: 727

tutorial 6

I'm new here so answering a question may be 3 years late! Ha hahahaha! Who does these tutorials? Mike? Anyway- Very well done. it was asked in #6 about constrain x,y,z. This is a time saver. Have alll the move modes unselected and be in crosssection mode. click the 'constrain x' button. working with...