The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 33 matches

by Redtail
30 Jan 2018, 12:33
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: Flashing/Sparkle Scenery in FSX
Replies: 0
Views: 634

Flashing/Sparkle Scenery in FSX

I know this has been mentioned before as a general issue,but I get this a lot with the perimeter fencing /masts and some building edging.There are various fixes mentioned online regarding graphics cards, DX10 problems and how the graphic textures are produced. However various alterations with Nvidia...
by Redtail
18 Jan 2018, 10:50
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Windows Update
Replies: 27
Views: 2430

Re: Windows Update

John,
As I said before am still not sure if I am working correctly yet.However my service settings are
Status; Blank.Startup Type: Manual, Log on As:Local Service.
I hope that may help you.
Mark.
by Redtail
14 Jan 2018, 23:41

Re: Windows Update (Windows 7)

John,
Ignore the registry change. That relates to the Intel processor bug problem. MS were meant to be getting the fix out
for Windows 7 last Tuesday.Dealing with two PC problems at once seemed to have morphed into one !!!???%%%

Mark.
by Redtail
14 Jan 2018, 22:51

Re: Windows Update (Windows 7)

John, I have also been tied up with this Windows update issue. I have done the date change and downloaded the Microsoft Silverlight. However I also had a couple of MS office security updates which appeared before Christmas which I had not installed. These have been installed but nothing else showed ...
by Redtail
10 Jan 2018, 12:50
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Lockheed TR-1A's (FSX and P3Dv4)
Replies: 10
Views: 1681

Re: Lockheed TR-1A's (FSX and P3Dv4)

That worked for me with FSX.Both traffic sliders to 100%. A-10's and TR-1A's all show.
Mark.
by Redtail
06 Jan 2018, 11:36
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Donate today!
Replies: 19
Views: 2336

Re: Donate today!

Me to. Thank you to all at MAIW for producing high class scenery,aircraft, advice and help for no charge.In some cases
individual requests which take up valuable time from other projects.
All the best for the New Year and slangevar.
by Redtail
03 Jan 2018, 12:08
Topic: Retro RAF Alconbury
Replies: 56
Views: 8909

Re: Retro RAF Alconbury

Thanks Ian for the amended AFX file.I had already changed it myself.It does seem odd that mine and others
could not get it to show by doing a code only show! FSX is a very fickle beast.
Mark.
by Redtail
02 Jan 2018, 16:49

John, Schoolboy error i'm afraid.I checked everything AFCAD's FS9 traffic files etc but not the second traffic slider in the settings menu. I have the first at 100% but not the second$$%%@@ Thanks for getting me there at last. Everything looks as expected fantastic,so thanks again to you and Ian for...
by Redtail
02 Jan 2018, 14:04

John, I have tested several different flight times from the AI flight planner and I haven't been able to see one TR-1.If I go to the in flight drop down AI menu all your A-10 are shown but no Tr-i's.I also use plan G whilst flying and as you may know,that will list all AI aircraft that should be see...
by Redtail
02 Jan 2018, 11:47

Well done lauriebe01 you are right it does appear as normal under England.Why didn't I think of that.I have been trying various things with files folders etc. but not looking under England!!!£££$$$%%% I can confirm that I do not see the TR1's either.Could it be a parking slot wing span issue? I will...
by Redtail
01 Jan 2018, 11:27

First of all happy New Year to all at MAIW and its readers! Still unable to select Alconbury in the free flight list.Putting in EGWZ as John's window above shows does not have Alconbury listed .As JBD said fly from a near by airfield and do a fly over and Alconbury is all there. I have also landed a...
by Redtail
30 Dec 2017, 14:29

Further to my last I have found that this happens! If I do a search on EGWZ in the in game menu it has RAF Northholt high lighted.If I select it and load Northholt I am at Northholt base on the runway.I f I then use the drop down menu for AI a/c all the Alconbury A-10's are shown.If I select one of ...
by Redtail
30 Dec 2017, 14:01

Firstly Ian thank you for releasing the FSX version of RAF Alconbury. Secondly I have a problem.I have installed it in the usual way, and it sits happily in the FSX scenery library.However when I go to select it in the in game destination selector, it is nowhere to be seen. I have tried searching un...
by Redtail
27 Oct 2017, 12:59
Forum: JYAI
Topic: F-35 Variants (FS9, FSX and P3Dv4)
Replies: 416
Views: 44529

Re: F-35 Variants (FS9, FSX and P3Dv4)

A very nice model as always.I am sure the nav lighting will be up to the usual standard. :wink:
Mark.
by Redtail
02 May 2017, 09:39
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI issues with FS9 RAF Gutersloh in FSX.
Replies: 18
Views: 1420

Re: AI issues with FS9 RAF Gutersloh in FSX.

Yes, after disabling the three files [ scenery x2 plus objects file] every thing works.However, as a test I put them back again and Gutersloh still worked. This lead me to believe that it had to be some other issue.But what that is I don't know!
by Redtail
01 May 2017, 18:43

Hello Steve , Yes there are AFCADs for ETUO but as said the first time ETUO worked I had removed them.However I then put them back in and it had no effect at all -very strange.Several of my RAF bases Wattisham. Lossiemouth and Coningsby nead the Orbx AFCADs removed. If not you get problems with diff...
by Redtail
28 Apr 2017, 22:29

just a quick update. the only other thing I forgot to mention was that I am using Orbx German North scenery. I decided to not load that and go with the default Europe scenery.Hay presto I have all aircraft moving and flying and full ATC involvement. However, if i return to using the scenery again ev...
by Redtail
28 Apr 2017, 20:59

Hello Steve, I can confirm that I have not touched the comms in any way.I have used Gutersloh straight from the download from Avsim. The only alteration from the basic FS9 package,was to convert the traffic bgl to work in FSX. As I said at the start Manfred has been trying to help.He sent a WIP AFCA...
by Redtail
28 Apr 2017, 14:25

Hello Greg, I think you were directing lucame towards your tutorial regarding converting FS9 into FSX. However I have converted the raw flight plan text files as stated in your tutorial to see if that has made any difference, but alas not.I still get all of Johns Harriers shown but none move or fly!...
by Redtail
27 Apr 2017, 17:37

I have just tested both of the above but no change and reading the AFCAD in ADE the comms appear to be fine.

Has anyone else had issues with running Gutersloh FS9 in FSX?