The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 79 matches

by BaiterOne
14 Jul 2017, 23:18
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Californian Blues
Replies: 16
Views: 1564

Re: Californian Blues

Forget my previous post!! :smt013 I reloaded all my aircraft. I reloaded all my Traffic files. I reloaded my 2 saved flights. CTDS again in California! Incredible! Took out the aircraft, traffic and flights - back to the setup as it was this afternoon, but the CTDs continue. Earlier on I had restart...
by BaiterOne
14 Jul 2017, 18:36

I had a few hours to spare this afternoon so I set about the task of problemsolving. I followed Steve's step by step approach, from a fresh copy of FS, through FS9.1, adding in all the bits and pieces from my problem setup in easy stages, until the FS that I have now resembles the FS9 that I had 2 w...
by BaiterOne
10 Jul 2017, 17:20

I know, I know, I said that I would try getting to the cause of these blues over last weekend - but... The weather was absolutely gorgeous here, not the sort of weather you would sacrifice for hours slaving over a hot computer keyboard :-( Instead I got myself a fairly severe sunburn out planespotti...
by BaiterOne
03 Jul 2017, 23:03

Steve, I will probably venture down that dark alley again next week-end - armed with past experiences and your suggestions, perhaps I might even come out the other end happier (or insane!).
by BaiterOne
02 Jul 2017, 22:01

Steve, I have been a very busy boy today. I carried out all the steps you outlined as best I could. The original FS9 wouldn't run on Win 10, so I had to apply the FS9.1 patch and then the NoCD patch before I could look at testing it. That testing went well - no problems with the Map Screen it appear...
by BaiterOne
01 Jul 2017, 20:52

Steve, first I had simply copied them from a backup I had. When you posted I uninstalled the FS9.1 patch, then re-installed it and put in the NoCD patch. It felt good to do it that way but the results unfortunately were the same. I only had a few flights saved but deleting them made no difference. I...
by BaiterOne
01 Jul 2017, 15:36

Steve, you have good eyesight - nice spot. I had a few crashes and hardware updates recently so things must have gotten out of sync. I put things back in order but unfortunately Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208 Faulting module name: SYMMAP.DLL, version...
by BaiterOne
30 Jun 2017, 20:56

So I settled down to solving this problem. I disabled all of the add-on US scenery in the first instance - no joy. I then went through the remainder (590 in all), disabling them 100 at a time until I had nothing left to disable - and still no joy! So now I have no add-on scenery, no FS Global 2005 a...
by BaiterOne
30 Jun 2017, 16:44

Thank you, John and Chris, for replying. It was indeed Edwards AFB that I had found in FS Commander on my search for adjacent airports and airfields. It was, however, Andrews AFB that I disabled in mt attempts to fix the problem. Thanks for pointing that error out to me. (only a few miles in the dif...
by BaiterOne
29 Jun 2017, 15:04

Californian Blues

Hi, I have been trying to perfect my flying in a C182 in FS2004. I have been following some hints given on a website called Fly the Wing, by Garry Wing. He flies in the SOCAL area, around KSEE Gillespie, KRNM Ramona, KSDM Brown, KCRQ Palomar and KMYF Montgomery. When I load up any of those airports ...
by BaiterOne
16 Feb 2017, 13:01
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: South Carolina ANG Block 52 F-16's
Replies: 29
Views: 3920

Re: South Carolina ANG Block 52 F-16's

WOW! Disregard previous post, my bad. Just a little early in the morning I guess. The V2 aircraft installed fine at KMMT. So many great packages, it's easy to forget which one's you've installed. Tried to delete the post, but it wouldn't let me. Thanks for a great update. Reggie Comes from inhaling...
by BaiterOne
10 Feb 2017, 21:12
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: NAS North Island Seahawks
Replies: 48
Views: 2836

Re: NAS North Island Seahawks

Brilliant, Mark, well done, all the aircraft pass the texture test now.
by BaiterOne
10 Feb 2017, 19:30

Thank you Mark for the rapid response.

Texture Checker still reports:

Aircraft Folder: MAIW_AI_MH-60_Sea Hawk_North Island
Following textures were probably made for FSX and will cause FS9 to crash. folder: HSC-15 168530, model: Sea_Hawk_S
JYAI_Black_Hawk_t.bmp ERROR: Incompatible with FS9
by BaiterOne
10 Feb 2017, 18:08

Hi, it is great to see such a population of helicopters on the base. Erez Werber's AI Aircraft Texture Checker reports: Aircraft Folder: MAIW_AI_MH-60_Sea Hawk_North Island Following textures were probably made for FSX and will cause FS9 to crash. folder: HSC-15 168530, model: Sea_Hawk_S JYAI_Black_...
by BaiterOne
07 Feb 2017, 10:31
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Is that an Orion I see?
Replies: 21
Views: 1450

Re: Is that an Orion I see?

I put the Bloodhounds' texture (Original mipmapped) into the standard P-3.

It shows up fine, clear and crisp - not blurry.

The surrounding scenery is blurred though.
by BaiterOne
06 Feb 2017, 21:21

Just to add a 'slight' downer to my last post.

The Orion still causes the surrounding background structures to go blurry :-(

by BaiterOne
06 Feb 2017, 21:00

After a bit of confusion and experimentation I converted the Bloodhounds' Orion texture to DXT3 with no mipmaps. Here is the result: https://s26.postimg.org/dt1hdfwp5/Orion_OK.jpg Seems fine - is it now just a question of me converting the other textures in the same way? Or is there a real drawback ...
by BaiterOne
06 Feb 2017, 19:42

I do use nVidia Inspector (I think). I found a profile online and used it as a base: https://s26.postimg.org/wnx83uwqx/NVID.jpg I must admit that I never really understood how exactly to use it. I call the profile up once and apply changes. Once this is done I can forget about nVidia Inspector itsel...
by BaiterOne
06 Feb 2017, 17:28

Steve,

my files are 1398 kb.

I renamed my fs9.cfg, restarted FS2004, reset Mode=1280x1024x32, and looked at the Orion. Same blurriness.

Hartwig,

I copied the prop-hs.bmp from a standard P-3 (looks somewhat different alright!), but it had no effect on the blurriness.
by BaiterOne
06 Feb 2017, 14:26

Hi Steve, I always assumed that you could tell if a texture was mipmapped by opening it with Imagetool. If this is the case then the Corpus Christi ones are in fact mipmapped (Mip Levels = 9 in all cases). If I have been barking up the wrong perennial plant then I would appreciate some hint as to ho...