The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 50 matches

by mage
23 Jul 2023, 11:46
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: RAF A109 - GZ100
Replies: 10
Views: 575

Re: RAF A109 - GZ100

There are a few lumps and bumps, aerials etc that shouldn't be there, but hopefully they don't show up too much. Want to try these alphas that I have used in my setup to minimize the bumpage? I should add that I use FS9, so they will need flipping and resizing for later sims. I know those sims may ...
by mage
04 Apr 2023, 13:51
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Anti-Pushback Node Technique in ADEX?
Replies: 19
Views: 1272

Re: Anti-Pushback Node Technique in ADEX?

Hi Guenther, sorry I missed this, I was busy in another conversation. Yep, this is the UK2000 Xtreme scenery for FS9 that predates the even more extended ramp area and the full-length parallel taxiway. From UK2K Part 4 there had been the change to an extra 4 gates at the eastern end of the ramp, and...
by mage
01 Apr 2023, 18:52

Okay, the LCY AFD file. I'd mis-remembered the principle I use. It still involves watching the traffic flows and moving nodes around until the runways work in both directions. The illustration I wrote out longhand was for a previous version, and I simplified it later. LCY Plan.png After a long time ...
by mage
01 Apr 2023, 16:50
Topic: Royal S-76 FSX
Replies: 15
Views: 981

Re: Royal S-76 FSX

Okay. I realised that my Royal helicopters were embedded in a huge helicopter project I have for my setup in the UK (800+ helicopters and lots of supporting material I won't bore people about). It would not be practical to extricate them from that mass of data. It was simpler just to brew some newer...
by mage
31 Mar 2023, 22:47

I think they may be in the various sets I posted onto Flightsim.com a few months ago. If you want to see them soonest that might be the place to try. I will single them out and post them here over the weekend. Perhaps along with a set for Air Force 1 - thinking about it, there's nothing quite as daf...
by mage
31 Mar 2023, 22:36

Hi Tim! The AI engine tries quite hard to thwart our efforts to assert some control over ground routings, and other AI in the system that has "reserved" a ground routing can make the AI engine get too creative about what to do with other aircraft also taxying around. Unfortunately the only...
by mage
29 Mar 2023, 08:46

The first plumbing AFCAD I met was from Mike Strasser in 2004, for Milan Linate, and several people including me gave it a good examination to see what made it tick. When I saw what it was doing, I gave it the "plumbing" analogy and the term stuck (I'd had the house heating upgraded the pr...
by mage
29 Mar 2023, 08:03

Not yet but as the flights are classified I can only guess as to where they go to. Mostly where the Royal Residences are based or airports close to Royal visists. Royal flights operate in what's called "Purple Airspace" to protect those operations. This category doesn't apply to the helic...
by mage
29 Mar 2023, 07:35
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Not good news for USAF enthusiasts…
Replies: 3
Views: 574

Re: Not good news for USAF enthusiasts…

Perhaps this is to do with surveillance improvements? The older large markings made it easy for "the enemy" to count the numbers in fleets and where they were based, and they gradually became less obvious to the point where now they need to be disidentified completely. There'll be markings...
by mage
03 Mar 2023, 10:43
Topic: Irish Air Corps PC-12s normal and "special"
Replies: 9
Views: 588

Re: Irish Air Corps PC-12s normal and "special"

I'll take a look at makeing 280 in camo, but I do have a large redo of PC-12's pending. You always seem to have a very interesting and productive "flow" going. I don't think anybody in their right mind would want to disrupt that! :) I'll use Rusty's package which I'm sure will do the job....
by mage
02 Mar 2023, 08:43

280 is now the one with the camouflage rear end, that one has gone through quite a few changes for some reason! I'm now wondering whether to integrate these anyway since they are mil transports of a sort and are often seen at civil airports, I might shoot Mark an email and use yours pending a respon...
by mage
27 Feb 2023, 10:29

That would explain why they're not here after that search of mine. I'm not a Booker of Faces (FB is blocked in my HOSTS file, along with other social media IP addresses), which in this case isn't a problem since my military AI is minimal. I was just a bit surprised about the apparent omission.
by mage
25 Feb 2023, 13:12

Irish Air Corps PC-12s normal and "special"

Not so much a request (I don't generally use military AI in my setup) as a heads up. I was trawling through JetPhotos looking for a civilian Cessna 210 when up in the results came these IAC special liveries. Camo rear end https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10747280 100th anni sticker https://www.jetpho...
by mage
25 Feb 2023, 12:56
Topic: CT-142 Gonzo request
Replies: 10
Views: 773

Re: CT-142 Gonzo request

A few months late with this reply but, failing the AIG model being available, there is always the option of stripping back the Premier Aircraft Design Gonzo model (no panels, sounds, etc) and using that for AI. I have done this using some paints provided by another author, and which might be availab...
by mage
01 Feb 2023, 11:47
Topic: Baby Vespina
Replies: 25
Views: 1784

Re: Baby Vespina

Necroposting here, but all the same... I think Mark distributes on "social" media, although he kindly took pity on me (I must be antisocial) and passed along his Gazelle package last year sometime. As it is, the Vespina line continues with G-ZAHS anyway, plain white has now become reminisc...
by mage
14 Aug 2022, 14:44
Topic: Converting DDS textures to DXT3 for use in FS9
Replies: 20
Views: 2290

Re: Converting DDS textures to DXT3 for use in FS9

Sorry I missed this thread. After installing this tool on Flightsim.com https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=214974 You will find that converting DDS to BMP/DXT is drag & drop. You create a desktop shortcut to the converter CMD file, drag a folder of DDS textures onto th...
by mage
29 Apr 2022, 16:09
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Agusta A109's
Replies: 123
Views: 11948

Re: Agusta A109's

I'm speaking for FS9 here, but the principles in later sims are probably much the same. I hope! I've tried 300ft but it's unreliable to use. Helicopters will go missed more often. It's almost as though there is something in the sim that senses when an AI is landing too long and forces a go-around. S...
by mage
11 Feb 2022, 11:09
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AW119 Koala
Replies: 36
Views: 2054

Re: AW119 Koala

I came to the forum for other reasons and noticed a new post here. Thought I'd drop by to say how grateful I am for the Koala model, particularly for FS9, and I'll endeavor to integrate it into a large UK cilvilian aircraft/AFD/callsigns/flightplans package for a little more flavor! Even if some of ...
by mage
15 Jun 2021, 10:01
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: What sounds better than a Rolls Royce Merlin?
Replies: 8
Views: 805

Re: What sounds better than a Rolls Royce Merlin?

More than one :P https://i.imgur.com/0Zautgb.png Then you'll want to fly a Lancaster! 4 Merlins welded into perfect formation! It is an awesome sounding engine (and I speak as someone born across the pond). I once watched a silver Spitfire depart Old Warden into low sun on some long gone summer eve...
by mage
08 Jun 2021, 10:25
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: General MAIW Package Issues
Replies: 244
Views: 43370

Re: General MAIW Package Issues

https://sbai.kiev.ua/main/10-ai-mig-29v2.html might be the one? I just downloaded it, so it's still there. The MKAI Mig-29M & M2 can be had here in the Egyptian Air Force package https://militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/download/7-aircraft-models-fs9/2104-ai-mikoyan-mig-29m-m2-fu...