The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 361 matches

by SMOC
25 Mar 2009, 23:05
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Battle Creek A-10
Replies: 18
Views: 1273

Just out of interest, are the pilots moving to other squadrons or are they going to pilot the UAV's? I was just thinking of the money spent on training them etc, it must be a real kick in the teeth for them if they are going to fly the UAV's. I havn't seen one of those C-21's yet with a gattling gu...
by SMOC
23 Mar 2009, 15:56

Well, no question there... but I'd rather fly go from a Hog to a Lear than a Viper to a Predator. :cry:
by SMOC
23 Mar 2009, 13:07

Yeah, Mike mentioned that above my post... to which I remembered though. I knew of Fargo and Bradley. The Battle Creek I did not know about but I thought there was another one that did or is going to be doing the same thing but it's entirely possible I'm actually thinking of Battle Creek but didn't ...
by SMOC
22 Mar 2009, 22:05

Yeah... Fargo, ND got the C-21 as well. That goes with their UAV mission of course. I thought there was another unit that lost fighters and went to C-21 but I can't recall off the top of the head.
by SMOC
22 Mar 2009, 20:36

Man, those C-21 aircraft sure are getting pushed around these days, huh?
by SMOC
07 Dec 2008, 01:10
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Graphics card hiccup-A guid to Card interface slots
Replies: 8
Views: 543

Steve is correct... the motherboard has an AGP slot and PCI slots but no PCI Express slots, at least based on the photo. Your choice is to either upgrade your motherboard to one containing PCI-Express slots or exchange the graphics card for an AGP one.
by SMOC
01 Dec 2008, 15:15
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Multiple Formation Flight Models
Views: 1082

As with all modelers: make what you want to make. "If you build it, they will come." People on this site have created some nice fly-bys and other formation flying without use of a welded model that seems to appeal more to the masses than a model that won't really look good unless it's flyi...
by SMOC
12 Nov 2008, 18:04
Topic: Aircraft folder
Replies: 20
Views: 1073

I've made a batch file that, depending on what you pick(retro or current), will rename your aircraft folder.

Should anyone have any interest in this drop a note her or PM me. It's just a small batch file that does nothing more than rename a couple of folders.
by SMOC
10 Nov 2008, 21:36
Topic: Extraction of cfg information
Replies: 4
Views: 438

C++ would be far more trouble than Visual Basic for the task at hand. If I had the time I could probably do it in Assembly, Ada, Pascal, Basic, Fortran, COBOL, etc... I just don't have the time. I would do some searching on line for VB text file manipulation. All you're doing it searching for a spec...
by SMOC
06 Nov 2008, 12:04
Topic: F111 Pig
Replies: 21
Views: 1456

Jumpshot724 wrote:My old Colonel in ROTC was a WZO in these things, heard all the stories :D
Never heard of a WZO... I've heard of a WSO though. :lol: Soon to be CSO.
by SMOC
03 Nov 2008, 00:22
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: MCAS Cherry Point Harriers Refueling
Replies: 9
Views: 620

don't they use a drogue that extends from the tail boom??? On some KC-135R aircraft they now have MPRs(mippers) or Multi Point Refueling. They are under each wing and provide a KC-135R aircraft with the capability of refueling coalition, USMC and USN aircraft without preventing boom refueling on a ...
by SMOC
17 Oct 2008, 16:55
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AI MV22
Replies: 24
Views: 1463

MACC wrote:Its a fair point.

But i'm not bothered what i model, i don't have ideas either.
So i'm quite happy to take requests etc;

Macc
H-53, H-60, H-6, C-27, KC-10, FB-111, MQ-1, MQ-9, etc...
by SMOC
16 Oct 2008, 22:36
Topic: Volk CRTC release
Replies: 10
Views: 597

Mike is correct: there are no aircraft there on a permanent basis. The 128th ACS is assigned there but have no aircraft.
by SMOC
16 Oct 2008, 00:06
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: First C-27J Turned over to US Military
Replies: 9
Views: 452

Lol. Something tells me this goes to the back of the pile, given the amount of models of CURRENT aircraft that still have'nt been done (B-52, CH-47, E-2C, EA-6B, F/A-18, HH-60, F-35....) B-52 is already in the pipe. CH-47 is already in the pipe. F/A-18 is already in the pipe. EA-6B is on its way ou...
by SMOC
14 Oct 2008, 20:25
Topic: McChord AFB C-17s
Replies: 32
Views: 1128

I believe the default C-17 is 44M. The March and Elmendorf MAIW ones are 44M. I make mine around 28-30M as the entire wingspan of a C-17 is only ~51M.
by SMOC
14 Oct 2008, 16:53
Forum: General Projects
Topic: The "Boneyard Project"
Replies: 66
Views: 5783

If I remember from near the beginning of this thread he was talking about creating a boneyard of retired MAIW packaged aircraft rather than an accurate real world boneyard, but then again I could have got it wrong along the way :lol: . I got that impression as well, Steve. But then his response for...
by SMOC
14 Oct 2008, 14:07
Topic: The "Boneyard Project"
Replies: 66
Views: 5783

How are they are not from MAIW? At a minimum Nick created the F-15 so they are MAIW.

Plus A-10, B-1, C-5, P-3, and I'm pretty sure T-38 aircraft are there as well. And they were created by MAIW contributors as well.
by SMOC
13 Oct 2008, 19:56
Topic: Jumpshot724 AFCAD Thread
Replies: 14
Views: 1682

Why would it be messy? By including all the files, the person can simply choose what (s)he wants to include in their setup and doesn't have to deal with either asking you for multiple files or just dealing with multiple downloads. Should you choose to include photos and such you simply create folder...
by SMOC
10 Oct 2008, 21:37
Topic: Davis-Monthan AFB
Replies: 17
Views: 882

There's no reason to have them doing TNGs... it's just going to bog down ATC, particularly if they all take off and land at the same time. And since they're performing at night no one is going to be watching them. You should have them perform a normal flight from KDMA(or whatever you're using for IC...
by SMOC
19 Sep 2008, 18:17
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: New experiment for UAV Pilot Qualification.
Replies: 23
Views: 895

"Voluntolds"......... :D Nice, I've never heard that before but that's probably a good term for certain situations. Another question is how long will we need UAV pilots? Seems to me like every episode of Futureweapons I watch, they talk about autonomous UAVs being the next greatest thing....