The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 14 matches

by edakridge
17 May 2018, 11:51
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: X Plane 11
Replies: 3
Views: 751

Re: X Plane 11

I am also interested in doing this for X-Plane. The problem lies with permissions. The MAIW libraries are the work of multiple individuals and I don't want to infringe on any copyrights. Another issue is that some of these sceneries were done quite a while back and it is impossible to contact the de...
by edakridge
22 Apr 2018, 09:35
Topic: Activating Emergency Arrestor Wires for Land Bases
Views: 584

Re: Activating Emergency Arrestor Wires for Land Bases

In FSX and beyond, the cables are done with attach points on the model. (On Carriers anyway) https://i.imgur.com/EAKCLxA.jpg?1 Theoretically this is possible with the cables on runways since the scenery object started as a model. But the author of the object would either have to include the attach p...
by edakridge
07 Feb 2018, 14:05
Topic: Northeast Florida Problem in P3dV4
Replies: 7
Views: 1036

Re: Northeast Florida Problem in P3dV4

Try this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ort2txos0 ... _P3Dv4.zip It is my update of KNIP for P3Dv4.1
by edakridge
31 Dec 2017, 14:36
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Kind request: Tornados for P3Dv4 sometimes?
Replies: 8
Views: 805

Re: Kind request: Tornados for P3Dv4 sometimes?

As a "Stopgap" P3D has a Tornado included as a default AI aircraft. If someone could work up a paint kit for it it may be usable.
by edakridge
24 Nov 2017, 12:23
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Converted aircraft not following Taxiway/Path
Replies: 4
Views: 592

Re: Converted aircraft not following Taxiway/Path

Thank You both for your help. I incorporated both suggestions and now it is working. I'm not sure which was the culprit, but I will try and remember this.
by edakridge
23 Nov 2017, 21:59
Topic: Converted aircraft not following Taxiway/Path
Replies: 4
Views: 592

Converted aircraft not following Taxiway/Path

I have been attempting to convert some A/C for AI and once they are converted to P3D with MCX they seem to not follow apron paths or taxiways. They just seem to meander around. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
by edakridge
21 Nov 2017, 21:37
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: NAS Lemoore: Strange Black Polys in P3D
Replies: 2
Views: 700

Re: NAS Lemoore: Strange Black Polys in P3D

It is the "Oil Spots". I can't remember the bgl name, but I deleted it and it works fine once you correct the taxiways.
by edakridge
19 Sep 2017, 10:41
Topic: How to batch convert textures from bmp to dds
Replies: 29
Views: 9289

Re: How to batch convert textures from bmp to dds

I use ConvImX from Martin Wright. A very easy to use and intelligent program. Available here: http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/beta.htm
by edakridge
23 Jun 2017, 15:02
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: A newbie question
Replies: 6
Views: 1161

Re: A newbie question

OK! That seems to have been the issue. The aircraft now makes two attempts and then continues on. I really do thank you for your help! I have been struggling with this for two days before asking for help. :D
by edakridge
23 Jun 2017, 12:51

Thanks, will do!
by edakridge
23 Jun 2017, 11:10
Topic: ADE Flattens
Views: 1197

Re: ADE Flattens

I have done what you are attempting with ADE. I have done it to elevate docks while having the Bay and ships at 0 elevation. You can accomplish this by having ADE connected to the sim and slewing along the coastline, placing a flatten polygon point at each indent or turn in the coastline. I have als...
by edakridge
23 Jun 2017, 10:54

The aircraft definitely try an approach! Over and Over, ETC. LOL Here is one flight plan: AC#17,,35%,6Hr,IFR,01:30,TNG02:25,200,F,0034,3SWP,02:30,03:22,250,F,0032,OR0Q I have done each aircraft the same way. Departure,waypoint,destination. I have read here somewhere that the flight plan will not wo...
by edakridge
22 Jun 2017, 22:03

A newbie question

I am just learning how to write AI flight plans using AIFP v3.2. I have read enough here to learn that to make a waypoint I must build a "Fake" airport with a tiny runway. I set my waypoints at altitudes ranging from 8000 ft msl to 11000 ft msl. I have done this with several waypoints and ...