The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 823 matches

by Ford Friendly
01 May 2010, 00:01
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Emulating USAF & civilian aerial responses to oil spill
Replies: 15
Views: 844

Re: Emulating USAF & civilian aerial responses to oil spill

Okay. Last bit of "here you go/for your consideration" linkage for those who might be interested in this idea/thread: Flightsim.com file FS2004 Scenery Object--Oil Rig #2 Name: oil_rig2.zip Size: 318,442 Date: 09-09-2008 Downloads: 637 FS2004 Scenery Object--Oil Rig #2. A scenery object fo...
by Ford Friendly
30 Apr 2010, 22:16

Probably as definitive an interactive listing of Gulf of Mexico (off the coasts of Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas) oil rig names and locations as exists on the Net - broken up by region/district: http://www.cccarto.com/gulf_platforms.html They state that 819 oil rigs are still "mann...
by Ford Friendly
30 Apr 2010, 19:35

Sounds familiar and could definitely be the original scenery I installed. Thanks for refreshing my memory and finding the link. Unfortunately, that's now a bit "dated" - ex., the rig that exploded was a new rig that was drilling, not producing - definitely not in the ODG package if/when I ...
by Ford Friendly
30 Apr 2010, 18:47

Real world update:
Florida has already declared a state of emergency for 6 counties in the Florida Panhandle.
Also, you could obviously add NAS Pensacola as a point of departure for flights ...
by Ford Friendly
30 Apr 2010, 17:25

Emulating USAF & civilian aerial responses to oil spill

Just a thought for those who like trying to simulate real world events via flightplanning: With the oil spill off the mouth of the Mississippi River in the news, the USAF has staged 2 C-130s to Mississippi in preparation for aerial missions to spray chemicals to try to break up/minimize the oil floa...
by Ford Friendly
20 Apr 2010, 17:36
Topic: Al Safran AB
Replies: 6
Views: 665

Re: Al Safran AB

Jane's Defense Weekly wrote this back on Jun 8, 2007: "The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is in the final stages of completing a new airbase, Jane's has learned, with Mirage 2000-9 aircraft already operating from this facility. A senior UAE Air Force source confirmed to Jane's that the new airbase,...
by Ford Friendly
18 Apr 2010, 21:12
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Afcad Issue
Replies: 8
Views: 385

Re: Afcad Issue

I vaguely remember a Creech AFB/Indian Springs Aux AB afcad that I got from avsim (I think) had some kind of tie-in to Nellis - but that was quite a while ago. I wouldn't bet my life on that memory, but it's something you could check.
by Ford Friendly
18 Apr 2010, 21:02
Topic: SU-24 AI?
Replies: 9
Views: 448

Re: SU-24 AI?

A while (and 2 pc's/FS installations) ago, I had little problem with having 40-50 of these guys on 1 airfield at a time in the Vladivostok area. The general area around Vlad has traffic roughly equivalent to Pensacola/Eglin. FWIW.
by Ford Friendly
01 Feb 2010, 01:31
Topic: Odd timing situation
Replies: 3
Views: 263

Re: Odd timing situation

Need a bit more information to actually consider/think about your problem. Where is the problem actualy occuring - at 1 particular airport or at all airports in the flightplan? The reason I ask is that there are AI control zones which may or may not be causing what you are observing. Some AI control...
by Ford Friendly
25 Jan 2010, 23:51
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Navy Plane Crashes In Lake Pontchartrain; 2 Missing
Replies: 10
Views: 535

Re: Navy Plane Crashes In Lake Pontchartrain; 2 Missing

apparently flown out of whiting field in florida.
student pilot rescued (mild hypothermia), instructor still missing.
finally found the plane itself. lake ponchatrain is shallow - only 20-30 feet deep - but very cloudy water.
by Ford Friendly
24 Jan 2010, 23:13
Topic: GMAX
Replies: 4
Views: 301

Re: GMAX

by Ford Friendly
23 Jan 2010, 21:29
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: SU27 for Sale
Replies: 4
Views: 296

Re: SU27 for Sale

I coudl be wrong, but at least 1 of those 2 planes has been available for sale for over 6 months with no qualified buyers making legitimate offers. The second plane, "still undergoing modifications to meet FAA regulations", has been in the States, afaik, for over 3 months. The FAA and the ...
by Ford Friendly
16 Jan 2010, 23:27
Topic: Flyable FSX B-52
Replies: 14
Views: 688

Re: Flyable FSX B-52

I guess you missed the release date of Jan 2010?
by Ford Friendly
16 Jan 2010, 21:05
Topic: Flyable FSX B-52
Views: 688

Flyable FSX B-52

Ran across this on another site... http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/

If this is considered "advertising", delete the thread. No harm, no foul. I just thought some might be interested.
by Ford Friendly
12 Jan 2010, 05:05
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Question for all of you scenery designers
Replies: 29
Views: 1183

Re: Question for all of you scenery designers

Before you dismiss Jabbgl so quckly due to the "floating aircraft" comment in the readme/description... First, remember that 1) airport boundaries usually incorporate flattens which are different than runway-specific/runway-created flattens 2) runways create flattens by their nature - and ...
by Ford Friendly
12 Jan 2010, 02:15
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Turkish Delight
Views: 1091

Re: Turkish Delight

Hey there. Thanks for noticing. Been away due to long illness and no FSX play. Here reading but quiet for the most part - drug interactions lowered my ability to NOT post things without thinking - so I needed to find a pharmacuetical level that balanced my desire to interact/reply with my confrontat...
by Ford Friendly
12 Jan 2010, 02:02
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Question for all of you scenery designers
Replies: 29
Views: 1183

Re: Question for all of you scenery designers

Try using jabbgl_134445.zip from avsim. BGL elevation editor. Allows to change elevations in basic scenery bgl files. Version 1.0.2 Easy to use program that works for FS2004 only. It MAY solve the problem for you. I haven't used it in a couple years (as I'm now flying FSX). This may not help --- as ...
by Ford Friendly
10 Jan 2010, 01:43
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Turkish Delight
Views: 1091

Re: Turkish Delight

Add me to the list of appreciative people.
Spent some time in Turkey and the people there are understandably proud of these flyers - you've "done them proud"!