The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 809 matches

by RKE
15 Feb 2016, 08:16
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: ROCAF Special Transports package by Mark Campbell
Replies: 1
Views: 1092

Re: ROCAF Special Transports package by Mark Campbell

Just a heads up for those who wants to update to the FAIB model, a repaint for the B738W found in this package has been released over at www.flyingcarpet75.com. It can be found in the BBJ2 collection file: http://www.flyingcarpet75.com/index.php/component/k2/item/1698-bbj2-collection Note that you'l...
by RKE
02 Feb 2016, 21:39
Forum: General Projects
Topic: DOL Kliniska
Replies: 18
Views: 2503

Re: DOL Kliniska

Ah, I've been playing around with it a bit, and it's one of those things where thinking it up is easier than putting it into practice. Very clever idea with the piano keys, I might have to steal that :D
by RKE
02 Feb 2016, 21:07

Are you using a custom texture for the 'runway' (if you will)? Or are you using 4 taxiways, each with one solid edge line and and one striped edge line, to mimick the highway markings?
by RKE
02 Feb 2016, 19:53
Topic: JASDF Bases
Replies: 930
Views: 74386

Re: JASDF Bases

Just throwing it out there, but have you thought doing an E-2C package on the EDAviation model? AFAIK the 601 Hikotai is still operating that particular type.

Then again, it would probably have to involve Naha somehow, as there's a handful based there :)
by RKE
02 Feb 2016, 19:52
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Russian Flight Plans
Replies: 3
Views: 518

Re: Russian Flight Plans

Any particular type you're looking for?
by RKE
29 Jan 2016, 23:28
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Looking for an E2 Hawkeye package
Replies: 21
Views: 2248

Re: Looking for an E2 Hawkeye package

Even the wet FDE could use a hand, it's shaking uncontrollably on takeoff.

Does anyone know the polycount by the way? It seems rather detailed, so I'd imagine it's pretty high.
by RKE
26 Jan 2016, 11:26
Topic: JASDF Bases
Replies: 930
Views: 74386

Re: JASDF Bases

delta64heavy wrote:I have a question. Can the Chitose AB (RJCJ) be used in conjuction with the Simmer's Sky New Chitose Airport (RJCC)? I'm doing a little experimenting and was just wondering if anybody else has tried this before.
I doubt it, since Simmer's Sky has included Chitose AB in the scenery.
by RKE
25 Jan 2016, 23:02

Looking pretty damn cool, Hartwig. I have a faint hope of doing something similar for the highway stretch used by the Belarussian Air Force some day. Su-25, Su-27, MiG-29 and apparently also An-26 have all been seen doing landings and takeoffs there.
by RKE
14 Jan 2016, 22:09
Topic: HMS Ark Royal Task Force
Replies: 80
Views: 4899

Re: HMS Ark Royal Task Force

Just to clear something up, since there appears to be some confusion: AI aircraft cannot use curved or sloped surfaces, ever. They will always remain at whatever airport altitude is set in in the AFCAD file until takeoff. UI/User aircraft can use curved or sloped surfaces, but apparently there's a t...
by RKE
13 Jan 2016, 18:39

I have a faint memory of the Aerosoft developer, who did their Lukla scenery, mentioning that using a building or structure could allow for a sloped runway that user aircrafts could land or take off from. As for making the STOL Harrier take-off, you can sort-of achieve the visual effect by playing w...
by RKE
13 Jan 2016, 14:42

Very nice surprise :)
by RKE
04 Jan 2016, 21:35
Forum: MKAI
Topic: MKAI Lasta-95 Iraqi Air Force
Replies: 4
Views: 1569

Re: MKAI Lasta-95 Iraqi Air Force

MAIW. It's from the Serbian Fighters and Transports package.
by RKE
03 Jan 2016, 21:21
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Shawbury & Blackbushe
Views: 542

Re: Shawbury & Blackbushe

The AFCAD/ADE supplied for Shawbury looks like the default one, with everything except the runways removed and bunch of exclude files added to remove some default stuff (I'm guessing taxisigns?). I'm not seeing any Library Objects in the two ADE files that came with the scenery.
by RKE
03 Jan 2016, 20:05
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: T-41D TuAF
Replies: 11
Views: 988

Re: T-41D TuAF

Is it just me or is that AFCAD mirrored upside-down compared to the real world? :?
by RKE
02 Jan 2016, 14:36
Topic: No 2 Flying Training School
Replies: 10
Views: 837

Re: No 2 Flying Training School

I haven't seen any other scenery, only AFCAD's from MAIW and the ADF AI pack. Even Vista Oz doesn't add anything to Pearace afaik.
by RKE
01 Jan 2016, 00:52
Topic: No 2 Flying Training School
Replies: 10
Views: 837

Re: No 2 Flying Training School

Thank you Mark. Found out I had an inactive PC-21 model with RSAF textures as well, so I added those in and really kicked some life into Pearce.

by RKE
01 Jan 2016, 00:51
Topic: MKAI Lasta-95 Iraqi Air Force
Views: 1569

Re: MKAI Lasta-95 Iraqi Air Force

I'll second hat thanks. Here they are looking lovely at Batajnica:
by RKE
22 Nov 2015, 20:37
Topic: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar
Replies: 468
Views: 39290

Re: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar

Thank you, Dan!
by RKE
20 Nov 2015, 08:33
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Sim Flying Music
Replies: 7
Views: 711

Re: Sim Flying Music

Speaking of Vangelis, the Esper edition of the Blade Runner soundtrack is also a personal favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwhZ11lcOJQ

Edit: And while on YouTube, I also like artists such as Robert Rich, Steve Roach, John Serrie, and Jon Hopkins' slower stuff.
by RKE
19 Nov 2015, 17:33
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Sim Flying Music
Replies: 7
Views: 711

Re: Sim Flying Music

I usually have di.fm's Space Dreams channel running in the background. Very slow, near-zero beat ambient music, so it doesn't require me to pay too much attention to it. Which is probably a good thing, as I'm usually doing low & slow flying in mountainous terrain :)