The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 226 matches

by rocket_26_
14 Mar 2021, 11:32
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Coningsby for MSFS2020
Replies: 39
Views: 3983

RAF Coningsby for MSFS2020

For those that use FS2020 I released my Coningsby scenery for the new sim. Lakenheath is not too far behind.

It can be downloaded here:

https://flightsim.to/file/10045/egxc-raf-coningsby

Cheers

Ian
by rocket_26_
16 Dec 2020, 16:14
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 408
Views: 38108

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

I will give my thoughts having developed and used the sim for nearly a year. When it comes to default aircraft I will give you they don't feel great to fly but I could say the same for default FSX/P3D aircraft. I do have the MB339 for FS2020 and it is fantastic and I imagine once the developers get ...
by rocket_26_
06 Dec 2020, 11:33

So it looks the same, as far as aircraft are concerned, with the exception of RAMP_GA_EXTRA and GATE_EXTRA. Steve I have both of my parking files from P3D for Coningsby and Lakenheath both showing in the sim. I just pasted the parking and taxi links from one version to the other and it works. Only ...
by rocket_26_
03 Oct 2020, 21:08
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: RAF Coningsby P3D
Replies: 4
Views: 428

Re: RAF Coningsby P3D

Here is a link to a replacement file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gvt1w1cox ... J.BGL/file

Cheers

Ian
by rocket_26_
13 Sep 2020, 13:25

I have been busy the last couple of weeks finishing the P3D Coningsby for Johns Typhoon but also converting the scenery to Fs2020. Here is a screen of how it is so far. The most time consuming part for me is that I am slowly adding PBR textures to the models to take advantage of the rendering engine...
by rocket_26_
13 Sep 2020, 08:30
Forum: JYAI
Topic: ACG Airbase Color Blend
Replies: 17
Views: 2438

Re: ACG Airbase Color Blend

It has the same properties, I just don't know if I can create a new one as EGWZ will not exist in the sim. I will see if I can port over the Alconbury ADE file.
by rocket_26_
12 Sep 2020, 21:42
Topic: ACG Airbase Color Blend
Replies: 17
Views: 2438

Re: ACG Airbase Color Blend

Kind of re-opening this thread as the New simulator has lead me to visit all of our favorite Cold War Airbases. Alconbury has seen a ton of construction with condos and homes being built all over the old base. This will be a case of a need still for custom PR /Ortho to be included with the Airbase ...
by rocket_26_
08 Sep 2020, 15:01
Topic: Eurofighter Typhoon
Replies: 591
Views: 44842

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Looks great guys! You planning to include the new pan in the 3 Sqn HAS site at Coningsby? I chose to leave it out because there is no sat imagery to add this. Once this is available I will add it to the P3D version. Same goes with the 12 squadron buildings, without high res photos from all sides I ...
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 18:08

Quote removed due to NDA

I cant speak for whether it is realistic or not.
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 17:58

I don't know why MS embarrasses all you developers by cutting the ongoing evolution of sims of the last decade? Each sim was a smooth improvement by keeping the possibility to also improve existing aircraft / sceneries without destroying it at all! Was this heavy break by designing so many complete...
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 17:27

It's not just Amazon, the feedback I've read over the past few days is pretty mixed wherever you go. The thing about Amazon is that it's extremely popular and often the first point of call for an on-line purchase, or a review of an intended purchase. That feedback is not really going to help stimul...
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 15:30

The developer reports that everything’s gone batshit crazy at FS20 HQ (not really surprising!) so it may be a little while before the dust settles, they’ve tackled all the initial bugs, and they can get on with moving things forward. I'm not surprised either. Ratings of FS2020 download version on 3...
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 15:28

One problem I’ve noticed which will affect MAIW work is that MS have randomly reallocated disused military ICAO codes to minor airfields, and no-one’s worked out yet how to overwrite that. They work so hard at making a great sim and then do something stupid. How hard is it to get a list of all ICAO...
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 11:56

For now I will be staying with P3D. When AI MAIW and from Alpha India Group work in the new MS Sim then I will make the switch. I just can't see myself flying in the sim without my custom AI. You and me both. Not to mention no fast jets to fly yet. I just am developing for 2020 for now and will sta...
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 10:19

Weescotty wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 09:58 Any of our FSX or P3D aircraft work?
I have no idea to be fair. My expertise is not with aircraft but I have sent both Steve and John a aircraft example to look at.
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 09:38

What will be interesting is how you override the bing generated models with scenery that is produced. Hopefully it is not to complicated to do. Hopefully it is as simple as an exclude so that the engine builds nothing in that area. You just exclude them with a exclude poly. You literally draw a pol...
by rocket_26_
23 Aug 2020, 09:15

Here are a couple of screens of Marham. The ground image is very high quality and the parking file is not bad. Like most bases it needs the 3D models updating as they do not represent them well at all. As for the American bases they will too need updating too. I looked at Luke AFB and a lot of the b...
by rocket_26_
07 Aug 2020, 09:21

Will do thanks
by rocket_26_
07 Aug 2020, 08:45

Your new Coningsby is looking fabulous Ian. I'll send you a set of Typhoons shortly, now that Dan has done the flight plans. Thanks John, I will amend the parking to match the codes when I receive them. On another note, how much work is it to convert your Tornado and Phantom AI models to static mod...
by rocket_26_
06 Aug 2020, 21:49

P3D V4/V5 version of Coningsby is coming along well. Today I added the 12 Squadron Shelters. I wont be adding the the 12 Squadron buildings as I have no pictures or a sat image of them. So I will add them after release when the information is available. https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0bf6/2sp8ok2...