The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 75 matches

by Sophie Marketa
28 Nov 2018, 12:57
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Andover C1
Replies: 15
Views: 1407

Re: Andover C1

No worries. I'm currently in the middle of Queensland's worst bush fires with wild fires either side of me tonight. Very frightening but I'm safe.
regards,
Sophie
by Sophie Marketa
28 Nov 2018, 00:46

I can lend a hand with the animations if that is your issues with it.
by Sophie Marketa
28 Nov 2018, 00:43

It's a model not far from being finished. Start doing the paint mapping and you'll find a new love for the model.
by Sophie Marketa
28 Nov 2018, 00:34
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: Major hurdle
Replies: 14
Views: 1419

Re: Major hurdle

1. Make sure FSDS is properly registered.
2. Install FSDS to a folder outside of the program folder.
3. Buy a newer PC. ☺
by Sophie Marketa
23 Nov 2018, 14:26
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Downtime
Replies: 10
Views: 784

Re: Downtime

That is awful to have happen Stewart. I lost nearly every model I ever made 5 years ago in a hard drive crash. I have since found the odd model here and there on old USB drives and DVDs. I use system 8.1 and it seems ok for FSXa. I loaded the simulator to my documents folder, along with all the othe...
by Sophie Marketa
23 Nov 2018, 08:32
Topic: Modeling using XtoMDL
Replies: 11
Views: 1494

Re: Modeling using XtoMDL

Cooking with gas now. Like anything, once you learn the tricks, its becomes much easier to do. Not that its a simple process, there is still a fair bit of guess work to sort out the axis angles for a smooth rotation on multiple parts. Doing the opposite wing is much simpler as its just a matter of c...
by Sophie Marketa
22 Nov 2018, 06:19
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Thomas Ruth MRTT
Replies: 9
Views: 1096

Re: Thomas Ruth MRTT

Sorry Ray, I recall you painted the MG_AI A332_MRTT_Airbus with all the bits that you mentioned were missing from the current aircraft you are flying. I guess it doesn't really matter what you are flying as long as you don't leave the cockpit view and are sadden by the fact certain parts are missing...
by Sophie Marketa
22 Nov 2018, 05:59

John, Thank you for your kind words. The wing is a 737-800 that I am using to learn complex animations via the XtoMDL compiler using the default modeldef codes. I find it to be a great learning model as it is a challenge to work through. Once I have the animation processes learn't, it should make mo...
by Sophie Marketa
21 Nov 2018, 06:58
Topic: Thomas Ruth MRTT
Replies: 9
Views: 1096

Re: Thomas Ruth MRTT

Why not use the AI model with a panel fitted ?
by Sophie Marketa
21 Nov 2018, 06:32

Several hours over a couple of days and I found my answer from trial and error... but it still has some minor limitation for flap rotation.
by Sophie Marketa
20 Nov 2018, 02:16

John, tried everything you mentioned above but the two parts continued to separate at the moment the animation keyframe button was selected for upper part. I really don't get what is happening. The part childs to the upper animated part just fine and right up to when you attempt to keyframe it, then...
by Sophie Marketa
19 Nov 2018, 14:58

Thanks John, I'll give that a go first thing in the morning. I never thought of animating the parts in a reverse process. I did find another way, which was to animate the parts separately using two different anchor points. The funny thing is, these flap parts are identical to an animation I did for ...
by Sophie Marketa
19 Nov 2018, 12:56

Anybody using FSDS 3.5.1 worked out how to animated a child flap to the main flap, example 737 flaps. I can animate the main upper flap without issue but as soon as I animate a child flap that sits below, the part separates from the main flap during the animation movement within a compiled .MDL. The...
by Sophie Marketa
17 Nov 2018, 06:50
Topic: New AIDC AT-3
Replies: 18
Views: 2841

Re: New AIDC AT-3

Hi Barry, I've been doing a couple of AI projects but been frustrated by the FSX - P3D XtoMDL compiler protocols that make animations a heartbreaking experience using FSDS. I started a thread to see how many other developers are having difficulties with the FSX SDK and whether they can pass on any i...
by Sophie Marketa
16 Nov 2018, 10:37

Modeling using XtoMDL

Does anybody else find modeling animated parts with the XtoMDL compiler protocols more difficult than the FS2004 makeMDL compiler ? Just want to know if it just me, after 5 year's out of modeling.
How many are using MCX to get around the complexity of XtoMDL.
regards,
Sophie
by Sophie Marketa
16 Nov 2018, 04:33
Topic: New AIDC AT-3
Replies: 18
Views: 2841

Re: New AIDC AT-3

I don't have a copy of my AI MG_AT-3 model... but I like this model much more. Good work, and what standard to follow.

Regards,
Sophie
by Sophie Marketa
14 Nov 2018, 05:20
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion Support
Replies: 54
Views: 5696

Re: MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion Support

Happy to say, I found Nick's complete original source files today on an old USB drive.
by Sophie Marketa
03 Nov 2018, 13:10
Topic: RAAF PC-9 ARDU 75th Anniversary
Replies: 7
Views: 669

Re: RAAF PC-9 ARDU 75th Anniversary

Very Nice... ☺
by Sophie Marketa
23 Oct 2018, 03:34
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion Support
Replies: 54
Views: 5696

Re: MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion Support

No worries Henk. I just noticed my previous update to Nicks F model has 149 draw calls with the animated nozzles and a few extras attached. But then this model was for the RAAF version for which at that time only had 24 birds on order so wasn't a real issue in the sim.
Sophie