The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 56 matches

by thetford569
06 Feb 2018, 19:50
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Wish list for conversion to FSX/P3D
Replies: 59
Views: 7148

Re: Wish list for conversion to FSX/P3D

You guys are incredible! Thanks for tackling the Hornets!

Brandon
by thetford569
13 Jan 2018, 22:40
Topic: P3Dv4 - Load flight results in "Are you sure you want to exit P3D?"
Replies: 1
Views: 385

Re: P3Dv4 - Load flight results in "Are you sure you want to exit P3D?"

Wow....thanks for the tip in case I ever run across that. An error like that would be tough to track down. I will try to remember this!

Brandon
by thetford569
11 Jan 2018, 16:40
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: FSX/P3D Conversion Packages
Replies: 17
Views: 2939

Re: FSX/P3D Conversion Packages

One more thing I have found now that I had more time to watch the models take off is the afterburner effect still is not working correctly in P3Dv4. I know this is an old effect and probably wasn't worked on or maybe couldn't have been modified. Anyway it's still showing up as a huge blob when the j...
by thetford569
11 Jan 2018, 14:57

1 - The aircraft.cfg file is missing the [Radios] entry. Probably an oversight indeed from our part. We'll fix it in an update 2 - The lights on the F-16 are blinking and I don't believe this is supposed to be happening. You have never witnessed a real F-16 during night ops then. They're like Chris...
by thetford569
11 Jan 2018, 02:22

I had a chance to checkout the package in P3Dv4.1 and I noticed the following: 1 - The aircraft.cfg file is missing the [Radios] entry. This is required for the Aircraft to communicate with ATC. Otherwise it starts up but never moves. It's easy to add but not apparent until you realize none of your ...
by thetford569
11 Jan 2018, 00:10

This is awesome! THANK YOU! I know how difficult this process is from trying to start some myself. I had to put it away due to time constraints that I know we ALL have. I just wanted to say Thank you to all of the modelers and conversion team for moving these into P3Dv4. I'm looking forward to the f...
by thetford569
10 Nov 2017, 00:25
Topic: Converting MAIW Models for P3Dv4/FSX
Replies: 5
Views: 884

Re: Converting MAIW Models for P3Dv4/FSX

Thanks Gavin! I don't have alot of time as well but I will take a look at this and see if I can use anything to help. There's lots of things I'd like to do. Ive done some freeware scenery design in the past (Ft. Worth Alliance Airport - KAFW) and have some other projects in the queue that I stopped ...
by thetford569
09 Nov 2017, 16:49

Glad I'm not the only one! It's definitely not as easy as maybe some other models that were not so customized. Hopefully the group of experienced people like yourself will be able to find the time and energy to make it happen. I have found out just what a daunting task it is first hand. If anyone ca...
by thetford569
09 Nov 2017, 14:13

I think maybe I have answered my own question. I opened up the converted HTAI F-16C to see what animations were being used in that model and found out there are tons of custom animations that control what I had thought would convert to standard fsx animations like elevators and flaps. Seems like eve...
by thetford569
09 Nov 2017, 13:47

Converting MAIW Models for P3Dv4/FSX

I am attempting to convert some of my old AI models that worked in FSX and previous versions of P3D for my own personal use. I have been following the instructions and tutorials available around the internet from those who are providing new converted aircraft like Alpha-India Group and the converted...
by thetford569
05 Oct 2017, 00:02
Topic: Updated FSX Native HTAI C-130 Family
Replies: 48
Views: 5231

Re: Updated FSX Native HTAI C-130 Family

Thanks for the fix....that took care of the issue.

Brandon
by thetford569
03 Oct 2017, 22:14
Topic: Updated FSX Native HTAI C-130 Family
Replies: 48
Views: 5231

Re: Updated FSX Native HTAI C-130 Family

First of all I just want to say thanks to all who are converting these aircraft for FSX/P3D. I'm using P3Dv4 and there is no going back for me so it's nice to get these AI aircraft in the sim and hopefully more will be available in the future. Today I finally began installing some Military AI and I ...
by thetford569
28 Feb 2017, 03:10
Topic: Prepar3D 3.4 Afterburner effects....
Replies: 8
Views: 873

Re: Prepar3D 3.4 Afterburner effects....

yes it is for sure. I'm pretty sure it started happening with the 3.3 update which I believe was when LM changed some backward compatibility stuff to move things forward. At least the planes are working and that's all I care about. Hopefully it will stay that way for future versions because I am def...
by thetford569
24 Feb 2017, 15:26

I tried substituting the F-35A afterburner effect and it looked a little better but still had a blob look to it. Seems to be a level of detail or size issue because when you get close to the model the blob goes away but as it flies further away it gets larger until its just a ball of light flying ac...
by thetford569
23 Feb 2017, 18:52

I guess nobody has a solution to this or suggestion? Are P3D users seeing the same thing I am? I guess I will just attempt to delete the afterburner effects for now to make this look better.

Brandon
by thetford569
07 Jan 2017, 16:28

Prepar3D 3.4 Afterburner effects....

I have not seen this posted anywhere but I believe this started happening after P3D 3.4 was released. The afterburner effects on all aircraft look like a huge blob of light in the air. If you get very close to the aircraft they look somewhat normal but as the aircraft goes away it turns into a huge ...
by thetford569
13 Nov 2014, 01:32
Topic: P3D v2 MAW Object Library Conversion
Views: 777

Re: P3D v2 MAW Object Library Conversion

Brandon, thanks mate. You are a gentleman and a scholar - not to mention (obviously) way better at using MCX than I. I will certainly take you up on your offer to share files and I'll be happy to share the files I have converted. However that only helps the two of us (perhaps even just me). Would i...
by thetford569
09 Oct 2014, 21:56

Sorry that wasn't detailed enough for you and sorry I am just now seeing this. I thought my answer would point you in the right direction. In ModelConverterX there is a error log at the bottom when the library fails to compile. You can scroll back through and see which objects have errors and then d...
by thetford569
27 Sep 2014, 02:04

I can't remember for sure which objects had issues but the libraries not compiling had something to do with either one or a few of the models inside the library. I checked back in the error log after the compile failed and found the models that were giving troubles. I deleted them out of the library...
by thetford569
05 May 2014, 15:12
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: P3D v2.1 and Military AI Compatibilty
Views: 569

Re: P3D v2.1 and Military AI Compatibilty

I am slowly adding MAIW to my P3d 2.2 install. Of the models you listed I can verify that the F-16 and C-90 crash the sim. I have the T-1s working fine without crashes so I'm not sure that one is a problem. The other ones you have listed I haven't tested yet. The models can be converted to FSX forma...