The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 56 matches

by thetford569
03 May 2014, 04:34
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: P3D V2 installation
Replies: 50
Views: 3256

Scenery Works...Need help with Aircraft Models

I have had great success converting MAIW scenery to Prepar3D 2.2 using the ModelConverterX tool. There are a few small issues with the scenery but for the most part it's all working. My problem is some aircraft models crash Prepar3D when you get close to them. I am still working on installing things...
by thetford569
06 Mar 2014, 02:07
Forum: General Projects
Topic: USMC F-35 Project - West Coast
Replies: 12
Views: 1803

Re: USMC F-35 Project - West Coast

Great project! I live in the Ft. Worth, TX area and at this time there are no plans that I know of for VMFA-112 to transition to the F-35B. They are still in Hornets for now and I would imagine they will keep collecting F-18s with less hours to continue operation until a further decision is made. Br...
by thetford569
25 Nov 2012, 03:48
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Trees
Replies: 23
Views: 1996

Re: Trees

The trees have transparency problems. I usually just go in and replace them with FSX trees. What process do you use to replace the problem trees with FSX trees? Especially when there is no separate bgl to delete in the scenery? For example the Burlington, VT scenery has some of these problem trees ...
by thetford569
27 Jun 2012, 16:37
Topic: A website for callsigns?
Replies: 5
Views: 298

Re: A website for callsigns?

Here is a link to the same list as above but updated as of Dec 2011. I've used this list alot and find it to be pretty accurate. He keeps it updated as much as possible so it's a good site. Hope it helps: http://www.henney.com/chm/callsign.htm

Brandon
by thetford569
16 Jun 2012, 18:16
Topic: 455th Flying Training Squadron?
Replies: 8
Views: 656

Re: 455th Flying Training Squadron?

Ok I was able to confirm through a couple of different sources that they do use JEDI as their main callsign. Hope this helps you out. Wish I had more time at the base....this vacation was a bust and the weather sucked most of the time. Guess I'll try again next summer...

Brandon
by thetford569
15 Jun 2012, 01:53

I went to Pensacola however my vacation didn't turn out as planned and I didn't spend much time at NAS Pensacola as I had hoped. So I was unable to find any current callsigns for the unit. I'll keep searching to see if I can find anything. I have one more source I can look into.

Brandon
by thetford569
29 May 2012, 03:46

I am headed to Pensacola in 10 days and I will have my scanner with me plus I will be on base at some point so I will listen and try to catch some callsigns for this squadron while I am there. I also have a callsign list I can check but it's on my computer. Hopefully I will be able to help out. Bran...
by thetford569
07 Jan 2011, 04:28
Topic: Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX
Replies: 306
Views: 51284

Re: Pensacola T-1s

Hey, I've got the USAF T-1s Part 2 package installed and I'm seeing the Jayhawks both at Vance AFB and Laughlin however I don't see any at NAS Pensacola like there are supposed to be. I am using Jim Dhahens scenery of KNPA and I've modified the AFCAD myself to add the parking spots in the correct l...
by thetford569
19 Sep 2010, 01:39
Topic: Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX
Replies: 306
Views: 51284

Re: Pensacola T-1s

Hey, I've got the USAF T-1s Part 2 package installed and I'm seeing the Jayhawks both at Vance AFB and Laughlin however I don't see any at NAS Pensacola like there are supposed to be. I am using Jim Dhahens scenery of KNPA and I've modified the AFCAD myself to add the parking spots in the correct lo...
by thetford569
30 Apr 2010, 02:26
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: VFA-204 Update
Replies: 14
Views: 908

Re: VFA-204 Update

Thanks so much!

Brandon
by thetford569
29 Apr 2010, 20:20
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: VFA-204 Update
Replies: 14
Views: 908

Re: VFA-204 Update

The file is no longer available to download. Would someone mind sending me this or uploading it? I would like to get my hands on this re-paint!

Brandon
by thetford569
03 Dec 2009, 16:19
Topic: Laughlin AFB
Replies: 28
Views: 1899

Re: Laughlin AFB

I don't know them all but I have photos of many of the Pensacola ones and I could also probably find some of the others. I'll send you some of the stuff I have. Thanks!

Brandon
by thetford569
03 Dec 2009, 13:43

Thanks Brandon for the info. Changed the orange/white's tail code. Still I have not made any Navy plans, but I could put the Whiting T-6's up since it's only two birds. As Victory says, this particular model is not trully AI, so its not too good of having too many of them around. Just a sampler unt...
by thetford569
03 Dec 2009, 02:14

Great job on the T-6A, thanks alot! I've been looking for something to populate the training bases with T-6s especially the Navy bases. FYI, all of the T-6Bs at this time (the ones in the orange and white scheme) are going to NAS Whiting Field and carry the E marking on the tail code. The only T-6s ...
by thetford569
15 Jul 2009, 02:03
Topic: Navy Outlying Landing Fields (NOLFs)
Replies: 33
Views: 1475

good grief! Did you find flightplans for these as well? Or are they custom?

Brandon
by thetford569
14 Jul 2009, 21:12
Topic: Navy Outlying Landing Fields (NOLFs)
Replies: 33
Views: 1475

Flyboy Nice to see you back.. Been busy flying? Barry I took the week of the 4th off, but I leave out tomorrow until late next week. I still try to work on FS2004 when I get a few minutes. I had most of the NOLFs finished but I am trying to get a better idea of what their operations are. Note the s...