The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 1169 matches

by Tranquil
14 Nov 2015, 19:40
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: SAAF PC-7
Replies: 25
Views: 1506

Re: SAAF PC-7

Here are the flight plans and updated AFCAD for PC-7s of CFS & Silver Falcons Langebaanweg AFB

There is an FS9 version and FSX..

Much thanks to John for sorting them again!! :)

Mark
by Tranquil
12 Nov 2015, 21:20

Thanks Martin :) Flight plans should be along sometime soon as JohnTenn is working on them! thanks to him as always for making the plans!!

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
11 Nov 2015, 20:32
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Sketchup
Replies: 27
Views: 2067

Re: Sketchup

Fast forward a bit!!

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
11 Nov 2015, 19:27

Ok, well we start with opening our sketchup and Importing a Geo-location (imagery) as seen in the image! you can choose as much of the airport as you want or choose a section to work on, you can add more imagery as you go along.. Sketchup has this built in so we dont need to go elsewere looking for ...
by Tranquil
11 Nov 2015, 15:13

Hi Matt, Well regarding our Yellowknife Scenery they are a mix of photoreal and custom made textures, if i grab an image via Google Street View and its not too good i will edit it, straighten it up, recolor it etc! I try and keep as many textures as possible photoreal it always gives the building a ...
by Tranquil
11 Nov 2015, 00:56

miljan wrote:Looking good. It was on my to do list long time ago but I gave up.
Thanks miljan! Well i thought they had to be done due to me doing the Silver Falcons as well..

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
11 Nov 2015, 00:41

MIKE JG wrote:Me! :smt006
Ok Mike even 1 person is enough!! ;)

Name me any airport as a base and we can start there!!

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
10 Nov 2015, 21:00

Guys would really like to hear from anyone interested in learning the basic sketchup skills, we can put together some instructions and information for you... :)

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
10 Nov 2015, 18:24
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Rememberence
Replies: 4
Views: 547

Re: Rememberence

Like it John!! :)
by Tranquil
09 Nov 2015, 17:41
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Rememberence
Replies: 4
Views: 547

Rememberence

Remembering all those brave souls that lost their lives!

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
09 Nov 2015, 17:07

The Central Flying School of AFB Langebaanweg owns 46 PC-7 Astras, 6 of them belong to the Silver Falcons and 4 have been written off over the years. Langebaanweg received it first Pc-7's in October 1994.. No Flight Plans will be included in the pack, so if some kind soul would like to do some that ...
by Tranquil
07 Nov 2015, 19:34

The Seaforth Radar Tower / Liverpool / England / 1960's - Present Day Built in the 1960s, and stands at 98ft (30m), Liverpool was The first British Port to use radar, its used to monitor vessels using the Mersey shipping channels. The tower was manned 24 hours a day, But due to advancing technology ...
by Tranquil
06 Nov 2015, 14:37
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: Mark's (Tranquil) Repaint Collection
Replies: 74
Views: 7805

Re: Mark's (Tranquil) Repaint Collection

raclim wrote:As requested by Mark, here you guys have the flightplans for 9, 12 and 31 Squadron operating the Tornado GR4 out of RAF Marham.
Thanks again Randy! :)

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
05 Nov 2015, 23:40

SAAF PC-7

South Africa Air Force (SAAF) /Pilatus PC-7 MkII Astra / AFB Langebaanweg / Central Flying School

Once finished it will comprise of 48 repaints including 6 Silver Falcon PC-7's

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
05 Nov 2015, 20:46
Topic: Behold the flying Elephant......
Replies: 6
Views: 648

Re: Behold the flying Elephant......

gsnde wrote:The Elephant has delicately landed at the Nest :mrgreen:
Thanks SuperMartin!!! :)

Much thanks

Mark
by Tranquil
05 Nov 2015, 16:19

Mark, that really surprises me, I never thought models made by this would or could look that good. Mark, generally its all quite a simple process, Sketchup uses a push pull technique, simplicity with good results, obviously depending on how detailed your model is the export sizes are really quite e...
by Tranquil
05 Nov 2015, 16:08
Topic: Behold the flying Elephant......
Replies: 6
Views: 648

Re: Behold the flying Elephant......

Will upload this a little later! to my dropbox account! as i wanted it released today! :)
by Tranquil
05 Nov 2015, 15:27

Great work Mark! :shock: :D Thank you Mike! :) Cool, I might have to give sketchup a try, I just read last night that FSDS doesn't work with Win10 so it's coming to the end of its useful life I'm afraid. Give it a try Mike, you will be surprised at what it can achieve, having never used FSDS i cann...
by Tranquil
05 Nov 2015, 02:44

Thanks Mike :) Models are made in Sketchup saved as dae format loaded into modelconverterx, then can be converted to FS9, FSX & P3D, our Yellowknife scenery at the moment is for FSX & P3D, none of us use FS9 so we cant really cater for that, we are in the process of looking for someone who i...
by Tranquil
05 Nov 2015, 02:07

Some of you may actually know im working on Yellowknife (CYZF) Airport at the moment with 2 guys from Canada, all buildings have been produced with sketchup and we are getting some great frame-rates... http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/TranquilGames/Flight%20Simulator/Yellowknife/Air_Tindi_zp...