The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 97 matches

by Foxbat
26 Apr 2018, 13:48
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Matrix Preview
Replies: 16
Views: 2562

Re: MATRIX Preview

Fantastic. As a seasoned developer I'm still frustrated by all the manual labour regarding AI. Been betatesting for PMDG for around 4 years, took my leave when they got "too big". I use P3D4.2 only, and would like to lend you a hand.
by Foxbat
24 Apr 2018, 19:49
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: RAF mildenhall
Replies: 39
Views: 6449

Re: RAF mildenhall

I redid Mildenhall today for FSX/P3D4. Scenery was slow at first. So I used McX to convert all the model libraries to FSX. Then took the afcad into ADE, made new exludes (threw away the original ones in the scenery folder). Had to reduce aprons to below 256 before I was able to export. Then threw th...
by Foxbat
21 Apr 2018, 21:50
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: RAF Alconbury- No planes now
Replies: 19
Views: 1540

Re: RAF Alconbury- No planes now

Take a peek at percent of traffic regarding Alconbury. The GA slider needs to be at least 30% to see the U2's. I think this is a JYAI thingie.
by Foxbat
20 Apr 2018, 19:31
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: NATO AWACS P3D4
Replies: 1
Views: 628

Re: NATO AWACS P3D4

Did my first McX conversion today. Here the MAIW NAAI braking on approach ENOL. Pls disregard my first pic :mrgreen:
by Foxbat
20 Apr 2018, 16:29
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Patuxent River P3D4
Replies: 8
Views: 1251

Re: Patuxent River P3D4

See second post regarding permissions. I will of course not upload anything here if there are authors I am missing, which reminds me I will have to contact John. I have decided to not relocate or modify any 3D model, just make the lm textures darker.

Thanks for the tips on the Triton hangar!
by Foxbat
20 Apr 2018, 14:30

Maybe. For me it was slow on fps before I started converting and rebuilding. All the afcads are now converted to P3D4, and I used much of yesterday setting runway and taxiway properties so textures don't mix or shine through. The scenery is now quite fast (40 fps locked), with all F-35 types, Hercs,...
by Foxbat
18 Apr 2018, 17:58

An update: I have solved the hole in the airport, by making the 7NHK "demo" afcad same height as the rest of the airport. I now have all F-35 types working, including using the ski jump. I will export afcads for both FSX and P3D4. I have left the object library FSX type, so it can be used ...
by Foxbat
17 Apr 2018, 20:53

Thanks Hartwig.

Of course you will not support anything I do. That would be like my own words in such a situation, as I am P3D4 only, and cannot, will not do support backwards. Both ways double the effort, and I don't like "double".
by Foxbat
17 Apr 2018, 18:20

Patuxent River P3D4

As a P3D4 user, I was scared by this scenery for a while. So many updates, so much to check. Tried all the updates, got holes in my airport. Deleted the STOVL or VTOL files (will fix and understand later, as I have 35 airports made myself in my Airports of Norway package). For now, I have made the a...
by Foxbat
14 Apr 2018, 23:38
Forum: JYAI
Topic: F-35 Variants (FS9, FSX and P3Dv4)
Replies: 416
Views: 44987

Re: F-35 Variants (FS9, FSX and P3Dv4)

Coming up soon, in my Airports of Norway package. If you take a peek at John's readme for the F-35 A's, he already did a great job to point you into the right direction. Btw my existing ENOL will work for you anyway. My ENOL is actually all the models from the "Norway Airports" package, wh...
by Foxbat
13 Apr 2018, 17:56
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion Support
Replies: 38
Views: 2290

Re: MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion

I use the updated aircraft & paints. I said it in my previous post. They popped right into the FP :-)
by Foxbat
13 Apr 2018, 17:50
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: NATO AWACS P3D4
Replies: 1
Views: 628

NATO AWACS P3D4

Much missed in P3D, I repainted the JYAI AWACS 767. I used the Japan version as base, then used the two reg's visiting ENOL for all the AC in the flightplan. Here a shot from the base, ETNG Germany (original afcad processed by me).
by Foxbat
13 Apr 2018, 17:44
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?
Replies: 37
Views: 11829

Re: How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?

I don't use all the old model libraries as this for me, even as a scenery designer myself, is too much work. I simply take the afcads into ADE, delete all references to objects, reset the draw flags for aprons and taxi links, then export the afcad with the P3D4 SDK. After that I sometimes have to ma...
by Foxbat
13 Apr 2018, 17:35
Topic: MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion Support
Replies: 38
Views: 2290

Re: MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion

Got all the Kanehoe Bay PHNG Orions flying by downloading this package from Avsim: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=126837 I just had to take the afcad into ADE (as I use P3D only), reset the draw flags for aprons and taxi links. I do not use the model librarys recommended, as this is too...
by Foxbat
09 Apr 2018, 19:21
Topic: LM P3D v4 Afterburner Effect File for the JYAI F-15's
Replies: 9
Views: 1345

Re: LM P3D v4 Afterburner Effect File for the JYAI F-15's

Impeccable timing, thank you.

I was just disabling the smokes, and experimenting with that burner.
by Foxbat
07 Apr 2018, 19:42
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Retro RAF Alconbury
Replies: 56
Views: 9073

Re: Retro RAF Alconbury

U2 traffic Alconbury is maybe not so retro today? I Know the U-2 with that big pod on top now flies a lot here up north. They even post selfies from cocpit regarding the northern lights. I found this info at RT (Russki newspaper) on net. Lotsa plane stuff there. :smt003
by Foxbat
06 Apr 2018, 15:59
Topic: MAIW Flightplans Package Support
Replies: 14
Views: 917

Re: Changes to conversion packages

Sorry guys, my bad. Again I opened the FSX bgl files in AIFP, and saw I had not set the Activity Levels to my settings. I then saved the file sets. Checked that the aircraft lists were fine, airport lists fine in Notepad. Also Flightplans were in sequence. Then I recompiled the four Luke AFB F-16 pl...
by Foxbat
06 Apr 2018, 11:38
Topic: MAIW Flightplans Package Support
Replies: 14
Views: 917

Re: Changes to conversion packages

I cannot get the four F-16 FP's for Luke AFB to work. Not using the bgl's directly, nor by compiling the text files with AIFP. All planes are black in the aircraft list, and looks fine in AIAE. I see only my new F-35's at Luke. If I revert to the previous, massive "all in one" F-16 flightp...
by Foxbat
04 Apr 2018, 22:36

I got a bit confused about the new F-16 package actually, because each aircraft has two air files. For P3D by trial and failure, use the "AI Only" ones for P3D. As those are listed in each [fltsim] section. Or not? At least the "AI only" air files are the newest, and that way I g...
by Foxbat
31 Mar 2018, 20:18

Thanks John and guys, for all the great fun with this, which also made me do my first upload here, the RNoAF updated HTAI F-16 package, with alternative ENOL FP for our first three F-35's. My updated Airports of Norway package will be out soon after the F-35A package, and I will link to it here. Joh...