The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 234 matches

by msm8378
31 May 2009, 15:57
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: USAF C-5 Simulator "Pre-Computer Age"
Replies: 6
Views: 321

I know of a guy that was one of the few to make a parachute jump from a C-5, back when the Airborne Test folks were doing an evaluation to see if it could be used for mass paratroop operations. He says it was a very rough jump due to the turbulence from the engines. They eventually dropped the idea....
by msm8378
30 May 2009, 23:34

Re: C-141/C-5

It is a shame that the C-141 is gone. It makes me feel old!! I have many fond memories of riding in them and have made many parachute jumps from them. It was a very reliable aircraft and made a lot of history. The C-5 has always been my personal favorite. It is truly an "aluminum cloud" an...
by msm8378
29 May 2009, 03:23

USAF C-5 Simulator "Pre-Computer Age"

I recently came across this while surfing the other day.

http://www.c141heaven.us/wigfield.html

msm
by msm8378
25 May 2009, 01:39
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: helo AI
Replies: 18
Views: 983

Hawaii CH-53s

Not 100% positive if they are still there, but 15+ years ago USMC HMM-365 was based there, flying CH-53E. My kid brother was a flight engineer on one. I add this to the thread just in case you get all working correctly and want to do some repaints, at least you will have an idea of who they belong t...
by msm8378
17 May 2009, 21:24
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Fort Campbell (KHOP) Scenery
Replies: 56
Views: 3515

Replies

StealthHellion... Would like to do a number of them for the HTAI model. Never could figure out why no one has done many repaints for it. There are a couple, but very generic. There are several very good ones for McChord using the AlphaSim model. The model is a very good one that is one of the few pa...
by msm8378
15 May 2009, 05:58

C141Heaven

StealthHelion...

Got it, I forgot all about that site. I have visited it a number of times when it was first set up...

Just reviewed it and hope to get some info from the fine folks that actually worked on the beasts...

by msm8378
14 May 2009, 23:47

Steve

Sorry Steve....number 3 was an after-thought...no question.

Thanks for your assistance :D
by msm8378
14 May 2009, 21:49

Update + question

OK, after two funerals and a sick dog...and now AVSIM being down...I am back to working on the KHOP project. Went to KHOP the other day and a friend still on active duty got me a good close look at several things that did not match up with the charts, plus the new construction on the SW side of fiel...
by msm8378
10 May 2009, 12:46
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Help with FS9
Replies: 5
Views: 406

Scenery Problem

If you are using VISTA, then this is most likely a problem being caused by the "User Account Control" or UAC which is the enhanced security feature MS stuck in the OS. It can be a real pain to deal with as it prevents programs from creating/updating files unless special permissions are set...
by msm8378
16 Apr 2009, 03:16
Topic: Dual Booting MS VISTA and MS XP
Views: 330

XP

Weescotty... Interesting notes... I was using XP Home with SP3 on my new Acer Aspire 6930 which has an Intel T5800 Dual Core CPU and 4GB of RAM. No matter what I did or program I used, I could only get the system to recognize/utilize a total of 2GB of RAM. I even tried the 3GB switch. I had tried ru...
by msm8378
15 Apr 2009, 17:11

64Bit

Yes, I have the 64bit VISTA. I also need to correct my initial post in that XP Home can utilize up to 2GB of RAM and XP Pro can utilize up to 3GB of RAM as per MSKB... For me having the option of running both OS's on the same machine is a life-saver. While VISTA has a tremendous amount of problems a...
by msm8378
14 Apr 2009, 23:56

Dual Booting MS VISTA and MS XP

Hello all... I just shuffled my system around and set it up to run both MS VISTA and MS XP in a "dual-boot" config. After several attempts via various directions from others on the web, I finally hit on a set that make doing this very, very smooth. If anyone decides to try this on their co...
by msm8378
26 Mar 2009, 12:36

Just a quick note... KHOP scenery is slowly coming together. With regards to previous post by Mike, I think he jinxed me in the process of providing me with a sound peace of advice, for shortly after he posted I found myself inundated with "real world" priorities.... :? At any rate, next p...
by msm8378
26 Mar 2009, 12:27
Topic: Computer help request.
Views: 388

Vista

Danny, Good point with regards to having 16GB of RAM. When VISTA hit the market I wanted to use it, but MS developed it in such a way that the vast majority of XP business apps would not be compatible with it. That left me in a bind when I bought a new computer that had VISTA on it...pay several tho...
by msm8378
26 Mar 2009, 03:27
Topic: Computer help request.
Views: 388

HDD

Kevin,

I am not very enthused with VISTA, however you might try Black Viper's website. The guy knows every version of MS Windows inside-out....

http://www.blackviper.com

Hope this helps...

Mathew S. Milutin
by msm8378
24 Mar 2009, 18:03
Topic: Compass heading 180 degrees out?
Replies: 14
Views: 455

Help?

Just a thought, but, could this be caused by a corrupted GLOBAL.DLL or FACILITIES.DLL both of which are core files in the modules folder?
by msm8378
24 Mar 2009, 17:55
Topic: MAIW_89th_AN_Update Problem
Replies: 18
Views: 746

Help?

Not sure if this lends to the discussion, but, I have an Acer Aspire 6930 with 4GB RAM installed. The laptop originally had MS VISTA on it, but I dumped that for XP HOME and SP3. I use FS9 exclusively and am having no crashes or other problems at all. The laptop has built in graphics by Intel. I use...
by msm8378
21 Mar 2009, 03:20
Topic: your best place to watch AI
Replies: 15
Views: 895

Watching AI

I like to watch and fly from/to KADW or KTIK.
by msm8378
07 Mar 2009, 15:42
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Military charters
Replies: 31
Views: 2039

Omni Air International is also hauling forces out of KHOP along with the others listed. On long-haul to Iraq or Afghanistan they usually depart KHOP to Ireland (EINN)...
by msm8378
23 Feb 2009, 07:28
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: C-17 Globemaster
Replies: 12
Views: 777

Alphasim

I bought the C-5 Galaxy from these folks some time back. I am a huge fan of the beast and have flown in them many, many times. After downloading and playing with it for a couple of hours I ended up scrapping it. However, I did take the panel and add it to Mike Stone's C-5. As far as I am concerned M...