Search found 7675 matches

by Firebird
21 Mar 2020, 08:20
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 86
Views: 5499

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

If that speed can't cope then there are an awful lot of people that are going to be disappointed.

Two areas I will be looking forward to seeing is Key West, as the FS9 scenery is abysmal there, and the MAIW Airfield, as I do most of my testing in that area.
by Firebird
21 Mar 2020, 07:51
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: UK Apache help
Replies: 2
Views: 267

Re: UK Apache help

There are both in the original Army Air Corps package.
by Firebird
20 Mar 2020, 22:36

The one useful bit of info that I picked up was the amount of data used to create the world, the word petabytes is used. This proves conclusively that you can't download the whole scenery for offline use. It also confirms that the faster your internet is the better your scenery will be. Be warned if...
by Firebird
20 Mar 2020, 16:47

I think that most if not all of this visuals come from released MS team ones but having said that the way that the video has been put together is very well done.

I would defy anybody, that likes flight sims, to watch that and say that they are not interested in it - and mean it.
by Firebird
19 Mar 2020, 07:38
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Indian C-130J-30 opinions
Replies: 15
Views: 674

Re: Indian C-130J-30 opinions

My gut feeling here is that the probe is the most visible item, so go with that version.
I have a feeling that the RAF ones were delivered w/o bumps but were added for work in the Asia zone. It could well be that the Indians add something similar in the future as well.
by Firebird
16 Mar 2020, 16:23
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Clark air base (Retro 1989)
Replies: 1
Views: 213

Re: Clark air base (Retro 1989)

A nice little retro project. Very nicely done.
by Firebird
16 Mar 2020, 09:04
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 580
Views: 39698

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Not according to Scramble. If youa re going by Wikipedia that says that it was correct in 2008.
by Firebird
16 Mar 2020, 08:59
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: General MAIW Conversion Package issues
Replies: 115
Views: 16403

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

If you don't want anything to have a callsign. Unless there is something in the atc_airline field it will be a GA flight. So either "atc_airline=" or removing the entire line will work. This will then use what you have compiled in the flightplan as the callsign Try Martins AIAE. I don't think that y...
by Firebird
15 Mar 2020, 22:06
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: General MAIW Conversion Package issues
Replies: 115
Views: 16403

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

You want to remove the atc_airline parm altogether so that everything is GA?

I believe that Martin's AI Aircraft Editor will do that. Just set up the Delete Keys section under tools.
by Firebird
15 Mar 2020, 09:49
Topic: Coronavirus/Covid-19 How are you doing?
Replies: 22
Views: 882

Re: Coronavirus/Covid-19 How are you doing?

They already have, Mike. There was a story over 2 weeks ago that they stopped exports as they were getting no raw ingredients from China. I was reading that India has had its first death. A man who spent the last 2 months in Saudi Arabia. The key thing about this story was that he was screened on ar...
by Firebird
14 Mar 2020, 09:54
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: looking for FS9 afcad- EGSC
Replies: 1
Views: 108

Re: looking for FS9 afcad- EGSC

The only one that I have is part of the UK2000 set, which is now freeware.
by Firebird
14 Mar 2020, 08:47
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Yet another AI model standard probing as of 2020 on the military point of view
Replies: 5
Views: 621

Re: Yet another AI model standard probing as of 2020 on the military point of view

There is a lot in there and although I have read it the chances are that I missed some stuff so I apologize in advance. In simple terms, MAIW was formed so that people that wanted to produce military AI but couldn't do everything themselves could assistance in completing projects and/or assist other...
by Firebird
13 Mar 2020, 17:42

I watched the UK Governments statement and basically the next stage lock down that they are talking about they are delaying for as long as possible for one reason alone. It is a simple fact of life, apparently, that human beings do not like being constricted and restricted from what they want to do ...
by Firebird
13 Mar 2020, 13:47

I hope that they can create a workable system as I do believe that it is the product that could really open the floodgates for VR. I remember TrackIR that was quite high profile a decade ago, but that had limitations on head movement. A true VR system would enable people to properly experience visua...
by Firebird
13 Mar 2020, 13:35

For some reason I am reminded of a 70s TV series called 'Survivors' where over 90% of the world's population was killed due to a virus spread by an international business man. Can't think what made that come into my mind. :lol: On the bright side at least all gatherings at football grounds is off fo...
by Firebird
12 Mar 2020, 12:11

That is exactly the point, Mike. It is about limiting human contact until the threat is reduced. There is a rumour that the PL is belatedly going to finish the season behind closed doors. The thing that I don't get is that 2-3 days after Trump says that is is business as usual he has now instigated ...
by Firebird
11 Mar 2020, 20:28
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Windows 10 Mail app image compression
Replies: 9
Views: 331

Re: Windows 10 Mail app image compression

No problem.
Glad it is sorted. I confess that I use Mail as it does what I need. It is not the greatest in the world but for me it doesn't have to be.
The only limitation that I have found is that mailing lists are a pain to create and use but you can do it.
by Firebird
11 Mar 2020, 16:16

The pictures come out large size in the Mail I sent you but for some reason yours do not. I have checked and there is no picture compression setting. I am wondering if it is the version of Mail that you are using, as I am sending the stuff using the same system.
by Firebird
11 Mar 2020, 10:04

test email sent showing how to achieve what you want, I believe.
by Firebird
11 Mar 2020, 09:53

One thing I have just thought about, and if anybody finds anything for definite then please give us the answer. I am not a big gamer, and I therefore I have no need/use for these VR devices that are around. However, it does seem to me that a VR headset that will enable you to look around the cockpit...