Search found 7408 matches

by Firebird
12 Jul 2019, 16:02
Forum: MKAI
Topic: Mig-29 all versions
Replies: 66
Views: 4851

Re: Mig-29 all versions

Jon, To be honest I don't think that you are not too different from most people. I think that everybody has a barrier that they have to overcome to release their first schemes/models/scenery/flight plans. The only way that you can gain confidence is too actually do it. I think that what you are prop...
by Firebird
12 Jul 2019, 11:46

Everything you said is welcome. What we need though is people committing to produce schemes for the various air arms you mention, and more. Requests are always nice to gauge about the popularity of a model/aircraft. Miljan is in a stage of his life that available time is less than before. He can't p...
by Firebird
12 Jul 2019, 11:01

Gents, I thought that I would give you all a heads up, as sometimes things get missed. Miljan has sent a package to Hangar for release. It is for the current Serbian fleet (apparently 4 more joining within in the next year but no serials known yet). There are 3 versions and one sub version included ...
by Firebird
10 Jul 2019, 21:15
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: KVPS AFCAD Use P3dv4.5 + Photoreal Image
Replies: 3
Views: 151

Re: KVPS AFCAD Use P3dv4.5 + Photoreal Image

Everything is down to user choice. You can have it how you want it. We provide a solution for all users which can be modified.

As long as you do not mind traffic not showing up or disappearing on landing due to no parking slots not being available then I think you are good to go.
by Firebird
10 Jul 2019, 11:09
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: General MAIW Conversion Package issues
Replies: 98
Views: 9767

Re: General MAIW Conversion Package issues

Can I ask a simple question.
Are you saying that the B-1 AI traffic doesn't show up or that the B-1 doesn't show up in the menu or both?

The aircraft is AI only so it wouldn't/shouldn't show up in a usable menu, normally.
by Firebird
08 Jul 2019, 09:15
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Help needed: Tucano
Replies: 8
Views: 311

Re: Help needed: Tucano

OK as there was no definite answer that anybody was aware of I was prepared to artificially split into the 3 Sqns according to the schemes that some had plus just chucking stuff into holes where appropriate. Not exactly what Mark C envisaged with his package but it would allow a breakdown. However, ...
by Firebird
08 Jul 2019, 06:47
Topic: military aircraft not visible at any airport
Views: 208

Re: military aircraft not visible at any airport

Martin's conversion doc is very good and since it was published the number of questions that we got on how to get packages working in FSX dropped dramatically. So it should help you.
by Firebird
06 Jul 2019, 05:41
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: German and Italian Fiat G-91 "Ginas"
Replies: 12
Views: 916

Re: German and Italian Fiat G-91 "Ginas"

I can attest to what Greg says. I don't help him at all in this situation. Not having P3D means that I am unable to reduce the queue and improve the situation.
by Firebird
05 Jul 2019, 09:44
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 403
Views: 22037

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

At least with the C5s it won't take somebody too long to paint up the 2 going to Bahrain and the 1 going to Bangladesh. Others will be sold as well, so there will be some further use for that model.

Plus there is always a retro package option.
by Firebird
05 Jul 2019, 06:56
Topic: Default AFB NA Update Question
Views: 241

Re: Default AFB NA Update Question

Unfortunately things don't work that way. Things don't become fair game after a period of time unless stipulated by the producer in their readme. If you were to produce something. Somebody does not automatically have the right to modify it from its original purpose just because you give up modelling...
by Firebird
04 Jul 2019, 16:29
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Desert Falcons
Replies: 31
Views: 1683

Re: Desert Falcons

My gut feeling is P3D has the high ground at the moment but anybody that has a clue will wait and see what the new MS concoction will be about. I think that to get the best out of that new one you are going to have to get one of those Nvidia RTX boards for on the fly ray-tracing. If the comments fro...
by Firebird
04 Jul 2019, 16:21
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Poseidon - getting there!!
Views: 439

Re: Poseidon - getting there!!

MIKE JG wrote:
04 Jul 2019, 14:35
Nah man, they gotta paint it that classic Nimrod puke yellow color!!! What the heck...?
Hemp, dear boy, hemp.

It wasn't the greatest scheme in the world but better than that budget airline scheme that Jim likes. :D
by Firebird
04 Jul 2019, 16:21
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 79
Views: 3885

Re: Thoughts on the next project

Oh yes please, Mike.

We really need that collection finished.
by Firebird
04 Jul 2019, 08:55
Topic: military aircraft not visible at any airport
Views: 208

Re: military aircraft not visible at any airport

When you say that you followed the instructions do you mean from the readme in the package or from Martin's FSX conversion guide? The reason I ask is that the package is for FS9 so you need to manually convert it to where FSX needs to find the files. The file can be downloaded from here http://www.o...
by Firebird
04 Jul 2019, 08:48
Topic: Missing C130 folders after NA update 5.0
Replies: 9
Views: 199

Re: Missing C130 folders after NA update 5.0

They are needed as well, as they include the VX-20 bird and the HC-130Js for the 79th RQS not covered by releases so far.

Likewise the C-130J-30s have some USAF and USANG units not yet covered.
by Firebird
03 Jul 2019, 06:53
Topic: Missing C130 folders after NA update 5.0
Replies: 9
Views: 199

Re: Matrix Region Updates

No problem, Chris. It must have been a glitch when it unpacked. I have just checked it after downloading the NA region and I can confirm that all are there.The C-130E, C-130H and C130H-30 are full with Canadian, USN and Mexican schemes. I suggest de-installing and re-installing the NA region and you...
by Firebird
02 Jul 2019, 15:32
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 403
Views: 22037

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

For my FS9 I still use Nick Blacks scenery.
by Firebird
02 Jul 2019, 06:49

Hi Del. Yep it is one of those things that I had considered that the aircraft were managed as a single entity. The thing is even if that is the case there would be a split for allocation purposes due to the number of aircrew in each sqn and its workload. This is what I am trying to get to, in the ev...
by Firebird
01 Jul 2019, 17:56
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: NH-90
Replies: 96
Views: 6576

Re: NH-90

Well spotted that man.
by Firebird
01 Jul 2019, 17:02

What the project also provides is that if the naming convention is specific enough and clear enough then when people produce little packs to update older MAIW packs then the least they will need to do is replace a like-named bgl rather than mince around with editing text files and re-compiling. This...