The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 9371 matches

by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 15:01
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: RUSSIAN SWIFTS
Replies: 68
Views: 3267

Re: RUSSIAN SWIFTS

That's a cool looking camo.
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 14:54
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: help with AI flightplanning
Replies: 17
Views: 766

Re: help with AI flightplanning

I would double check it then, as the only reason I have seen for the behaviour you describe is the next leg starting greater than 5 mins. I suppose it may be that it can't find find the next waypoint but I would have thought that the aircraft would disappear in that case. Have you run the plans thro...
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 12:29
Topic: SU27
Replies: 71
Views: 3660

Re: SU27

:lol: OK, in which case I won't go into it again. Suffice it to say that Martin's tool will tell you what you size a spot needs to be to allow the aircraft to fit there. In FSX you are at a disadvantage in that you have to increase the parking slots to match the aircraft. If you alter the aircrafts ...
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 11:40

which bit of text are you after steve, i dont know which one it is in the afcad but the wing_span = 122.296 does that help ? Ray, that only helps for FSX. That sets the model size according to the wingspan. It has its problems, like in this case when the FDE designer has used a greater wingspan tha...
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 11:06
Topic: help with AI flightplanning
Replies: 17
Views: 766

Re: help with AI flightplanning

There is a limit between legs for the TNG to work well. It must be under 5 minutes between the end of the TNG leg and the start of the leg to RTB. Over that time the AI engine seems to forget about the next leg and continues forever doing TNGs. You must still avoid the situation that where the times...
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 07:54
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Glass Textures
Replies: 3
Views: 197

Re: Glass Textures

Hmmm, taking into account the modern penchant for tinted windows, especially in sunny climes, why not try the same one as we use for cockpits - MAIW_canopy_smoked.bmp
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 07:47
Forum: Military Aviation Photography
Topic: Cherry Blossom Festival - US Navy, NAF Atsugi
Replies: 2
Views: 214

Re: Cherry Blossom Festival - US Navy, NAF Atsugi

Hmmm, I believe that we have all of those statics for AI purposes. Now that would make an interesting scenery addition wouldn't it?

However, it would probably be too much trouble to do. Ignore that comment.
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 07:24
Topic: Highway Strip
Replies: 18
Views: 814

Re: Highway Strip

That's some great footage! No good in the UK though, as the aircraft would dissappear in a pot-hole... You are probably right, although I do remember the RAF tested a Jaguar operating from a new stretch of Motorway once. I seem to remember that they proved that it could be done but the biggest draw...
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 06:43

I obviously did something wrong as I decreased the mdl size to 11m and they showed up w/o modifications to the afcad.
Can I ask what size your model is then guys? As I am wondering if there are two versions out there one with a reasonable size and one somewhat on the large size.
by Firebird
11 Apr 2010, 06:38
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: MAIW Dijon-Longvic AB (LFSD)
Replies: 8
Views: 621

Re: MAIW Dijon-Longvic AB (LFSD)

Hello Nick, I look to the textures The alpha channel is the problem! Regards, Zsolt Hi Zsolt, if you have managed to create an alpha channel to fix this for FSX. Would you mind exporting that and attaching it here so that other FSX users could enjoy your work and modify their Mirages. I am sure tha...
by Firebird
10 Apr 2010, 12:49

Hey no problem, Pixy. We all learn by asking. After reading that I learned something new about about FSX, but I do not believe that there are any built-in to FS9. However, you can make your own its not compulsory to use AFX, it would just be easier to align the runway as you could see the runway on ...
by Firebird
10 Apr 2010, 12:43
Topic: Fernado's mirage
Views: 672

Re: Fernado's mirage

Is there no end to the cunning that this team has? :lol:
by Firebird
10 Apr 2010, 11:18

Pixy, I think that you are able to do most things. I don't know what you mean by default, as I don't have FSX, but if you have scenery that includes a road running through some trees then you can create a simple runway, either or concrete or asphalt, to match the road and have no markings or approac...
by Firebird
10 Apr 2010, 11:03
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Polish President dies in Tu-154 crash - 132 victims
Replies: 4
Views: 152

Re: Polish President dies in Tu-154 crash - 132 victims

I don't think that there is an awful lot you can say after reading that story.
by Firebird
10 Apr 2010, 10:59
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: MCBH Kaneohe Bay Version 3 package by MAIW
Replies: 57
Views: 7663

Re: MCBH Kaneohe Bay Version 3 package by MAIW

We occasionally supply landclass files which describe the layout of the ground, i.e. shrubbery here, sand there etc. etc. but we have never supplied a mesh. I can't think off hand of a reason that adding two textures that are not used by a scenery causing a crash. Would I be right in thinking that y...
by Firebird
10 Apr 2010, 06:52
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: MCBH Kaneohe Bay Version 3 package by MAIW
Replies: 57
Views: 7663

Re: MCBH Kaneohe Bay Version 3 package by MAIW

They should be in there as John S uses those textures for nearly, if not, all his sceneries. If you don't add them back you will find crashes at quite a few other places.
by Firebird
10 Apr 2010, 06:45
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AI SU-30?
Replies: 5
Views: 614

Re: AI SU-30?

Su-24, Su-17/20/22 and for the retro fans Su-15. This could go on all day.
by Firebird
10 Apr 2010, 06:41

100m radius? That is way too much. The default FS9 mdl setting is 22m, which I altered to match the real world size of 11m. You can use afcad or Martin's AI-Aircraft Editor to do this. It should make life much more comfortable.
by Firebird
09 Apr 2010, 20:06
Topic: Fernado's mirage
Views: 672

Re: Fernado's mirage

Fernando actually released two versions of the B model. Michael's Egyptian paints are for the original two seat model and the paints are named differently. The two seaters that MAIW are using are from the m2000bn_ai.zip (Mirage 2000B/D/N), Michael's paint are for the m2000b_ai.zip. The two single se...
by Firebird
08 Apr 2010, 19:41
Topic: Simshed AI Tucano
Replies: 5
Views: 285

Re: Simshed AI Tucano

... or maybe engine_type = 5 ?