Search found 7420 matches

by Firebird
30 Dec 2007, 20:56
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: State of AI 2007
Replies: 25
Views: 780

Well Joseph, I like it, I replaced all my AIA 767-200 fleet with the exception of the two schemes that so far have not been covered. I would say try it and see what you think, I do not think that you will disappointed. I am trying to remember where I read the specs on the model but I believe that th...
by Firebird
30 Dec 2007, 20:17

Sheesh, its a shame that this thing happens on a regular basis. The main reason that FS9 is still so popular, I believe, is down to the really smart people who are able to constantly expand the envelope of what is possible by trial and error. Its hard to think of anybody who actually wins out of thi...
by Firebird
30 Dec 2007, 19:59
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FS9 continously halting
Replies: 5
Views: 179

ntdll.dll is part of the operating system. You are looking at a repair of the XP OS at the least. Maybe not a wholesale repair but some recovery action. Try looking here http://www.driverskit.com/dll/ntdll.dll/2561.html To see if it is of some use. If not try just searching on the internet for the d...
by Firebird
30 Dec 2007, 17:48
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: A great FS9.CFG enhancement for blurry scenery textures
Replies: 9
Views: 3262

Yep Mike says where it is in the first post, but you will need to make sure that you turn on the folder option to show hidden files and folders as the 'Application Data' level is a hidden folder.

Hope this helps.
by Firebird
30 Dec 2007, 10:07

I agree about the rise of TFS, it has allowed me to start retiring my FSPainter models, and also the welcome return of Charles Dayhuff in the guise of the AI Malcontent. The one dark cloud that I can see on the horizon as far as the Civil AI is the very recent acrimonious divorce between Craig Ritch...
by Firebird
28 Dec 2007, 09:17
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Sheppard Talons Package by MAIW
Views: 964

The simple answer is yes they are backward compatible, but only the models that have been re-compiled to pick up the new glass. For example I have all my T-38s in one folder, there are 8 different models but as yet there are only 3 that have been re-compiled, the T-38Cs, The T-38As and AT-38Bs are s...
by Firebird
27 Dec 2007, 08:40
Topic: Smoke
Views: 260

I stand corrected with a bit more knowledge.
by Firebird
26 Dec 2007, 21:41
Topic: Smoke
Views: 260

Unfortunately, with the limitations of fs9 AI the simple answer is no. You can have smoke on all the time, you can have smoke off all the time, you can't have it dependent upon throttle setting or anything like that. This doesn't mean to say that somebody won't come up with an ingenious way in the f...
by Firebird
20 Dec 2007, 09:28
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: HAF F-4 Phantom
Replies: 34
Views: 1416

Adam, the topic is not covered by MAIW and as far as I am aware is not planned by anybody else so its definitely a candidate especially as packages are not done purely for the people that frequent this site. As I said drop Des a line and he will be able to answer any questions you have and provide y...
by Firebird
19 Dec 2007, 14:14

I personally don't see why not, Sav. Part of the aims of the MAIW is to promote interest and get more people involved in producing quality AI, it is not a private club. So if you have been helping Adam on this, he would naturally want to keep you involved. The package, see how the rumour has grown i...
by Firebird
19 Dec 2007, 13:51

I'd be more than happy to cooperate! Drop Des (reconmercs) a pm, mate. He is the guy that will be able to sort out some resources to help you to make this become a MAIW package. You know what standards our packages aim for so just let him know what you can do yourself and what you need help with to...
by Firebird
19 Dec 2007, 10:07

Hmmm, does anybody else think that there is a package or two being born here?
by Firebird
18 Dec 2007, 22:49

That is one hell of a nice paint job.

I would demand it, but I might actually get it if I just ask nicely :D. Please.
by Firebird
17 Dec 2007, 01:15
Topic: AI Creation
Replies: 4
Views: 344

OK, there are various aspects to creating a traffic bgl. 1. You must have an afcad that is capable of handling AI traffic. This means that it must have parking spots and you must have have routes built into your afcad that enable the aircraft to move between the runway and the parking spots. If you ...
by Firebird
14 Dec 2007, 17:58
Topic: Air Force one, and other heavies like the C-5
Views: 521

Ttools is not hard to use, very simple in fact, but it should be stated that it does two things only. It compiles three text files into a working bgl for FS9 and it will decompile a compiled bgl into the three text files. You can easily set a default source folder so that it will save you time, you ...
by Firebird
09 Dec 2007, 01:13
Topic: AI Taxi Problem
Views: 326

There are a few things that can affect taxying, to try and discount some of the more obvious it might be helpful if you could attach a screenshot of the afcad showing the parking spots, taxiways and runway.
by Firebird
07 Dec 2007, 19:22
Topic: The BIGGEST AI?
Replies: 13
Views: 515

Kevin, where did you find the cammo scheme as it only comes with two aeroflot schemes?
by Firebird
07 Dec 2007, 12:46
Topic: The BIGGEST AI?
Replies: 13
Views: 515

I am surprised that the Russians only have 3 aircraft in service. Does anybody know if this is because others changed ownership with the break up of the SU?
by Firebird
03 Dec 2007, 21:01
Topic: Help indentifying RAF Crests
Replies: 7
Views: 246

Chaps,
I think that you will find that the one on the right is the 2 Group crest.
by Firebird
25 Nov 2007, 20:30
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Translation assistance please
Views: 229

If I remember rightly, Kev. I found by accident that the $ textures have to go into the main fs9 texture folder rather than the Ramstein scenery folder. Try that.