Search found 7857 matches

by Firebird
02 Sep 2008, 19:57
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: New model spotted....
Replies: 10
Views: 765

Not that we are aware of at the moment, Matt.
by Firebird
02 Sep 2008, 07:39
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: NAS Kingsville package by MAIW
Replies: 48
Views: 4842

I am afraid not. The parking is only checked by the AI engine once the aircraft has actually landed. If there is no parking at all, then the aircraft will disappear as soon as it stops on the runway. If there is parking spots available but none suitable for it it can disappear after it exits the run...
by Firebird
29 Aug 2008, 18:27
Topic: German Air Force Typhoon / F4 Update package by MAIW
Replies: 15
Views: 1323

Lightning, I have checked the package and I see that there is a texture missing. I guess that the reason that nobody has had the problem is that they either had the original pack installed or the Coningsby pack. If you put the texture attached in your '\Flight Simulator 9\Effects\texture' folder it ...
by Firebird
29 Aug 2008, 17:05

You might be right, Merlin, but again all will be revealed in good time.
by Firebird
29 Aug 2008, 13:48

You may wonder, but unfortunately whilst we may include pictures of packages in development we don't comment further until imminent release. Sorry about that.
by Firebird
29 Aug 2008, 13:45
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Two shots of the Airshow
Replies: 1
Views: 187

Glad you got it sorted out.
by Firebird
29 Aug 2008, 07:18
Forum: General Projects
Topic: FAI Venezuelan F16's and Extra's
Views: 523

I believe its still in beta at the moment, but Macc will tell you when its released.
by Firebird
28 Aug 2008, 12:24
Topic: Little help needed
Replies: 12
Views: 422

:roll: Ah well, that will teach me to try and support a package that I have never installed. Best I leave this one to Mike in the future :lol: .
by Firebird
27 Aug 2008, 21:00
Topic: NAS Meridian package by MAIW
Replies: 19
Views: 1832

Hi Larry, This is exactly the point that Alex made. We don't know why it does it, it shouldn't do. We have no fix, as we don't know the cause. Altering flight plans will only work if you make such large gaps between take offs and landing that it becomes unworkable. Even if you do this they will stil...
by Firebird
27 Aug 2008, 20:52

Ah yes, you are right, Mike. I did a traffic search on MAIW and they don't use the afcad, so that is the reason why I didn't see them. So basically, I have to revise my analysis. There are German Tornados, and A-10s and F-16s from Osan but they are flyovers only, they do not land. So if you are not ...
by Firebird
27 Aug 2008, 17:29

OK, an update. I have discovered why you can't find the German Tornados. Its simply because they are not included in the airshow, and yes I have checked and seen that the docs do say that they are included, but they are not. Now there was also some confusion about the C-17 pacakges. there are two. O...
by Firebird
27 Aug 2008, 16:54

Yep, Alex. It seems to be an FS9 funny, as you said we have tried to ensure the minimum amount of disruption of traffic flow but they will insist on landing on closed runways. We are hoping to find out what causes it, after all it works perfectly well at EGLL and KDFW for me so why it does this curr...
by Firebird
27 Aug 2008, 16:46

Firstly, welcome. What I can say is that you must be doing something right if you have most of the aircraft showing up. Now firstly we must ask a couple of key questions. 1. Are you using FS9? 2. Did you install manually or automatically? 3. Have you amended anything in an aircraft.cfg file after th...
by Firebird
27 Aug 2008, 13:54

Actually followed the readme this time and had issues. Placed the scenery in the lower priority and the AFCAD didn't work. Moved the "MAIW Meridian" scenery up a few levels from the top and everything works fine. I just read the docs, again, and it only says to move the MAIW Scenery Library Objects...
by Firebird
27 Aug 2008, 05:53
Topic: Scott AFB
Replies: 49
Views: 2971

Generally speaking if you have a weekly plan for an aircraft it will show up whether it flys or not.
There are some strange unexplained times that they don't, but lets hope you don't get those.
by Firebird
26 Aug 2008, 20:00
Topic: Scott AFB
Replies: 49
Views: 2971

Its progressing well.
by Firebird
26 Aug 2008, 19:20
Topic: German Air Force Typhoon / F4 Update package by MAIW
Replies: 15
Views: 1323

The typhoon part of the package hasn't changed at all, with the exception of one incomplete paint scheme being rectified.
by Firebird
26 Aug 2008, 06:51
Topic: MCAS Yuma Harriers by MAIW
Replies: 50
Views: 3494

CW, If it causes a problem with both browsers then it has to be a third party addon. What happens when you try to download other packs? have you installed or altered an ftp client recently, as it may be trying to default to use that in some circumstances. I would work out what you have installed or ...
by Firebird
25 Aug 2008, 20:52
Topic: MCAS Yuma Harriers by MAIW
Replies: 50
Views: 3494

CW,
I get that exact same problem, and I use Firefox, I think its a naming convention thing that confuses Firefox, v3.01. its not only MAIW packages, but its a very small percentage that it gets caught on.

The way I get around it is use IE7 *spit* but I haven't worked out was causes it yet.
by Firebird
25 Aug 2008, 12:11
Topic: AI and On-line flying
Replies: 4
Views: 232

Thats useful info, Dave.

Can you confirm that its the servers AI that gets seen by everyone?