Search found 7262 matches

by Firebird
07 Mar 2007, 11:46
Forum: General Projects
Topic: German Navy Tornado
Replies: 64
Views: 2593

I think it was 1983 when we took our FGR2's out to MFG2. Good fun was had by all. We even got to go out on one of the, then, new German Navy fast patrol boats and be a target in the Baltic. We were told a story about a 'mod' that we had on board, we had a good laugh, sure enough an East German Corve...
by Firebird
07 Mar 2007, 10:35

I would be honoured, sir. Especially as when I was on 56 sqn we did a sqn exchange at ETME, when you still had F-104G's, and a nice time we had too.
by Firebird
07 Mar 2007, 10:18

Yep thats the one he his thinking of, the original scheme. I think the original airfix kit called it dark sea grey, or maybe extra dark, and light silver grey if I remember correctly, somewhat showing my age there :) .
by Firebird
02 Mar 2007, 23:24
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Eielson AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 43
Views: 2711

OK, Gary, and anybody else interested. The file is hosted on ProjectAI on their utils page http://www.projectai.com/library/files.php?cat=8 and the zip is called renum and is by Scott Lookabill. If like me you do an awful lot of manual installation of AI aircraft, it is a godsend. Like the readme sa...
by Firebird
02 Mar 2007, 21:23
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Eielson AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 43
Views: 2711

I use that really useful renum utility, which also found the problem discussed as it refuses to renumber the 'Fltsim flights. If anybody wants it I can point you to it.
by Firebird
01 Mar 2007, 14:36
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Scenery problem!
Replies: 23
Views: 572

yep, that is correct and it works for me. I assume that you are also you FS9.1. Right so can you confirm that the buildings are now fine, the only problem is the trees? Plus can you confirm that you have the latest version of the trees_0.bgl. In the meantime, I will go and get something useful for y...
by Firebird
01 Mar 2007, 13:35

OK Merlin, lets try the really simple, space-eating stuff. Copy the Nova textures to the Amberley texture folder and see how that looks. Also, can you tell me how many Nova textures you have.
by Firebird
28 Feb 2007, 23:02

ok, mate. All I can say is that it works for me, so we will get it to work for you.
by Firebird
28 Feb 2007, 21:46

Ah now I had trouble with the trees for the addon Randolph scenery, eventually it transpired that the instructions assumed that FS9 would be the same as FS2002, but to be available to every scenery the Trees_0.bgl has to be placed in a different directory, on my system its:- F:\Program Files\Microso...
by Firebird
28 Feb 2007, 21:16

The main texture folder is preferable for this reason. You can put them in the texture folder of , for example, 'RAAF Amberley' and then make that known to FS9, but then you would have to have a copy of them in every texture folder for each scenery directory that uses them. Hopefully, I am explainin...
by Firebird
28 Feb 2007, 20:45

OK Merlin, I have done some checking and found that the missing textures are indeed Nova textures. My guess is that you have them installed in FS9 but not one of the auto search texture directories. I put the Amberley bgls in my MAIW_Test's Scenery folder and then booted up FS9, with a utility calle...
by Firebird
28 Feb 2007, 17:22

I will install them, as per readme and see if I get the same.
by Firebird
28 Feb 2007, 15:17

The airport 2.x textures you can get from Flightsim.com's 'Must Have File' section.
by Firebird
28 Feb 2007, 14:40

Hi Merlin,

Lets start with the obvious do you have the Nova Gold textures installed ?
by Firebird
26 Feb 2007, 20:23
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: F-22 RAPTOR- ON LINE STORY
Replies: 13
Views: 296

Yep, the decision has been reversed on the gun fir the RAF Typhoon's, when they will get retrofitted I do not know.

As for the F-15E replacement there is already the unsolicited 'FB-22' proposal, stretched two-seater, whether this will lead anywhere is in the lap of the gods.
by Firebird
26 Feb 2007, 10:57
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: F-22 RAPTOR- ON LINE STORY
Replies: 13
Views: 296

Well until the RAF puts the gun in it, it could be at a disadvantage, so best we use a German, italian, Spanish, Austrian, Saudi .......
by Firebird
05 Feb 2007, 17:12
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: P-3, Revisited
Replies: 167
Views: 7532

Great progress there, Jake. Apart from the flaps what else do you still have plans to do ?
by Firebird
01 Feb 2007, 20:52
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: P-3, Revisited
Replies: 167
Views: 7532

I totally agree.
by Firebird
01 Feb 2007, 20:46
Topic: Rhino
Replies: 79
Views: 4990

I don't know but I wouldn't be at all suprised if they are released together as a package.

My first thought was that the Hawkeye would be pounced upon by some people here.
by Firebird
01 Feb 2007, 11:02
Topic: Rhino
Replies: 79
Views: 4990

Gentlemen, from time to time there are enquiries as to how Fernando is getting on with his next F-4 releases. The link here may explain why no more have made it yet, and some retro enthusiasts will be delighted when you read the last entry dated Jan 30. http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?topi...