Search found 7413 matches

by Firebird
11 Oct 2007, 18:05
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: AK f-15
Replies: 170
Views: 7416

Can't speak about Kadena but your Elmendorf desires may shortly be fulfilled :) .
by Firebird
10 Oct 2007, 22:03
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Problem at LIED (Decimomannu)
Replies: 15
Views: 699

Bismark,
I have no problem sending you what I have done on it so far, still haven't got around to finishing it.
I am on R&R in the States at the moment, so it will have to wait until I get back home in just over a week.
by Firebird
19 Sep 2007, 07:30
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Seymour Johnson AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 34
Views: 2410

Glad its sorted, Mikey. How did you happen upon that fix?
by Firebird
18 Sep 2007, 23:11

Mikey, you added the S-J Eagles into your Lakenheath folder, so they are using the same fde. I have the same setup for mine as well so if its not happening to the LN birds then it has to be scenery based. We just have to find it. Do you have any mesh installed for that area?
by Firebird
17 Sep 2007, 12:41

Mikey, I have rechecked it myself and I have absolutely no problem. This leads me to believe that it is probably some other third party scenery and/or afcad that is causing the grief. What I would do is remove those afcads you mentioned from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder to somewhere safe, and t...
by Firebird
17 Sep 2007, 12:20
Topic: Nellis Agressors
Replies: 4
Views: 274

Hi Lewis,
Mark did a separate download for the 65th, just search for 'nellis' on avsim and you will see it.
by Firebird
16 Sep 2007, 15:30

Hmmm, a strange one indeed. Now it appears that two people have had this happen, if I have read it right, Gary and Mikey. Mikey has ruled out the models and fde himself, with his interchanging. This leads us to the scenery. Now the immediate obvious candidate is the afcad, but as I also use John's s...
by Firebird
16 Sep 2007, 08:25
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: NBAI Eagle question
Replies: 7
Views: 373

Please don't think that I am speaking with any authority here, but I think its to do with FS9 and which parms it passes across the network to you. If I remember correctly most networking clients do not pass Light parms across. If you can't see the other players lights, try getting them to switch the...
by Firebird
14 Sep 2007, 21:42
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Nellis Problem
Replies: 58
Views: 2552

I appreciate the fact that you have made the afcad available to us all.
by Firebird
10 Sep 2007, 15:02

Great package but I only found 2 F-15s at the apron......any ideas? Density is set to 100%....... Hi Phantom, I am assuming that you mean AI density rather than scenery density here, if not that is a good place to start. So the question I will ask is have you altered the aircraft.cfg file in anyway?
by Firebird
09 Sep 2007, 08:26
Topic: Ellsworth AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 30
Views: 2027

OK...now that I'm home I can comment after experimenting... I have 214 entries in my MAIW_HTAI_F16C_Shaw folder. But the entries skip from 150 to 202...even after using Renum. Not sure what has caused this as I know that before using Renum all the entries were correct... KJ This is probably what I ...
by Firebird
08 Sep 2007, 20:41

Alex, I had heard this too but before I installed the Shaw package I am sure I had over 180 but afterwards the flightline was still full. Maybe I was lucky I don't know, but from a programming point of view 200 would be such an artificial limit to place on it. A more obvious limit would be 256, but ...
by Firebird
08 Sep 2007, 12:45
Topic: Osan AB Package by MAIW
Replies: 46
Views: 3668

OK Gents, For reasons i won't go into I spent some time this morning looking into this and found the cause. Using Filemon I tracked the scenery and found that fs9 keeps track of its libs, but apparantly, only uses the highest priority if the name is duplicated. So for example the Osan Lib.bgl was in...
by Firebird
08 Sep 2007, 10:08
Topic: A different Version of RAF Coningsby-by UKMIL
Replies: 31
Views: 867

Well guys, its out there, so why not look at it. You make your choice which is the best one, or like I know some people will do is mix and match. The more interesting thing here is that there are now two AI and scenery packages available for free. Something that we would have killed for 18 months ag...
by Firebird
03 Sep 2007, 09:36

BadPvtDan wrote:Doesn't everyone just combine all of their aircraft folders anyway? Or am I the only one? :)
Nope you are not the only one, Dan.
by Firebird
01 Sep 2007, 20:00
Topic: Woodbridge/Bentwaters active again......
Replies: 4
Views: 242

Yep, Alex. That would be those loud, noisy, smokey, awesome F-4D's
by Firebird
28 Aug 2007, 08:52
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Kadena F-15 repaints
Replies: 10
Views: 895

scottr5213 wrote:Are there any plans for further repaints? I would like to add some Eagles to St Louis.
Mark has already released his SL coded Eagles from the Mizzou ANG, just search for his name on avsim.
by Firebird
27 Aug 2007, 08:03

Well, when I get the situation that textures don't show up I use the freely available Filemon tool, or its replacement Procmon would do. I set it up to only check on FS9.exe and then check for Log reads and Log Errors and then highlight on the base name. For example my Osan scenery directory is name...
by Firebird
21 Aug 2007, 09:18
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: F15 Burner replacement
Replies: 1
Views: 210

F15 Burner replacement

Gents, I was originally asked if I could come up with a burner effect for Lakenheath package, but due to problems it wasn't ready until just after it was released. It has been made available to MAIW developers to add into new packages, but for those of you that would like to retrofit to either Laken...
by Firebird
19 Aug 2007, 19:17

Well guys first things first, I believe its the case that the HAS for CGY are not into the osanlib so therefore the CGY scenery can't be causing that HAS problem. Therefore that leaves me with the conclusion that either at least one texture is missing or is corrupt. My advice is to do what I did whe...