The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 9352 matches

by Firebird
21 Mar 2010, 20:35
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: New SBAI Mig29 AI model avaible
Replies: 12
Views: 737

Re: New SBAI Mig29 AI model avaible

Fortunately you don't need to. its also on avsimrus now as well.
by Firebird
21 Mar 2010, 15:51
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Vulcans new home
Replies: 7
Views: 295

Re: Vulcans new home

Its not based there but it is there for servicing at the moment to ready for the 2010 airshow season.

Is it just me that thinks that the Vulcan will probably survive longer than Lyneham itself?
by Firebird
21 Mar 2010, 15:44
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Scotland Spotting+REX
Views: 467

Re: Scotland Spotting+REX

In which case unless somebody knows something different you can't fix it. Nick used to have a laptop that used an intel graphics chipset and there was nothing we could do to fix that. Sorry.
by Firebird
21 Mar 2010, 15:01
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Tanker Contract
Replies: 29
Views: 1123

Re: Tanker Contract

petebramley wrote:Do we get the gaffer tape free ??
:D
After protracted negotiations It has been agreed the the RAF can lease the gaffer tape at preferential rates.
by Firebird
21 Mar 2010, 14:50

I only know about nvidia cards. My Dell XPS has an nvidia Geforce 7950 GTX in it.
Go here and download Speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy. Its from the same people that brought you CCleaner.
It will tell you your system specs including the graphics.
by Firebird
21 Mar 2010, 08:56
Topic: Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force
Replies: 7
Views: 628

Re: Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force

Interesting cammo for the 'Cat there. I prefer the original one myself, that the F-4D is carrying.
by Firebird
21 Mar 2010, 08:39
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Disappearing Textures
Replies: 26
Views: 1064

Re: Disappearing Textures

One plane works, and the others have issues. That is weird. I take it that you have FSX as well. What I would do is to see whether its a model issue or a texture issue. Trying swapping the models around that use that scheme. Also can you say which scheme is OK and give an example of one that has the...
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 20:03

Yep, 3 are being converted into the RC-135s for the RAF.
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 19:52

MIKE JG wrote:I think we should sell our entire fleet of KC-135's. We need the money these days.
You sold 3 to the RAF, Mike, does this count?
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 19:51

Hmmm. I can't see it happening for this reason. If they alter the rules to entice Airbus in, Boeing will cry foul as they will say that their submission was according to the rules at the time etc. etc. Now if Airbus was to go on and win, Boeing will scream blue murder and there will be such a politi...
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 18:16
Topic: On Their Way
Replies: 4
Views: 320

Re: On Their Way

Nice, very nice.
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 18:14
Topic: Whidbey Island and / or EA-6B Prowlers
Replies: 18
Views: 1539

Re: Whidbey Island and / or EA-6B Prowlers

Well normally we would say sorry but unfortunately we don't talk about projects under way or future plans. However, there is some that is already available so we can answer this quite freely. Firstly I think that the scenery that you mentioned was done by John Stinstrom and we actually point to that...
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 17:12
Topic: Bitburg AB F-15
Replies: 3
Views: 338

Re: Bitburg AB F-15

Not off the top of my head, but now that you have brought the subject up I am sure that once Mark reads this he will endeavour to make it available again.
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 14:45

Well, this is the second bidder as Airbus/Northrop are not bidding on this at all. However this could be a political god send for Capitol Hill. It can now say that there was a competition and kick into touch any claims of pro-American bias in their decision to buy Boeing. The actual bid, if it gets ...
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 07:14
Topic: MAIW Exotic Albert-Indonesia AI Package Copyright
Views: 406

Re: MAIW Exotic Albert-Indonesia AI Package Copyright

Quantum Byte, We appreciate your co-operation in this matter and we apologize for getting your nationality wrong. :oops: On the model front. Nick produced the Hawk and has said that you he is happy for you to use that model with your own paints and your own flightplans. MAIW release whole packages. ...
by Firebird
20 Mar 2010, 06:49
Topic: Low flyover lands two Oceana pilots in hot water
Replies: 4
Views: 198

Re: Low flyover lands two Oceana pilots in hot water

It may seem harsh but even in my day I knew a pilot that got grounded for breach of flying discipline. It doesn't sound like much but the RAF used to view it that flying rules were there for safety reasons, if you broke them then you were dangerous and you don't let dangerous pilots fly. There probl...
by Firebird
19 Mar 2010, 17:41

I was just thinking that if you had an nvidia card you could use a proggie called nhancer to fix them. If you are interested, and its applicable then there are quite a few people here now that can help you sort those out.
by Firebird
19 Mar 2010, 17:23
Topic: Disappearing Textures
Replies: 26
Views: 1064

Re: Disappearing Textures

In that case you have alphas so that is not the issue. So the format appears to be OK, but your repaints have this problem. Do Nick's repaints for the same model have the same problem? I guess the other questions I would have are how many different aircraft do you have at the base? What graphics car...
by Firebird
19 Mar 2010, 17:10
Topic: Sinking Aircraft
Replies: 16
Views: 492

Re: Sinking Aircraft

I did not intentionally alter either the .air file or the aircraft.cfg file. I think I may have tried to open an .air file by double clicking on it (I know, stupid thing to do) and I believe it said it was corrupt and to get a new one from .....? Not sure if it was the one from the folder of the si...
by Firebird
19 Mar 2010, 16:52

Very nice, I particularly the Scarab flight.

I notice that you do seem to have a bad case of the jaggies, is that normal or just for those pics?