The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 9373 matches

by Firebird
12 Feb 2010, 07:10
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Gunfighter
Replies: 13
Views: 798

Re: Gunfighter

Well that is an awesome plane. How can you not want it on your system.
by Firebird
12 Feb 2010, 07:07
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: BEWARE
Replies: 11
Views: 716

Re: BEWARE

If the installer is a clickteam one, the same as the one that MAIW uses, then its not actually a virus. The latest checkers pick up the advert in the freeware version as adware.
by Firebird
11 Feb 2010, 07:20
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: The "E" on this Hornet
Replies: 18
Views: 715

Re: The "E" on this Hornet

The answer, as always, will be money.
by Firebird
11 Feb 2010, 07:15
Topic: Real World F/A-18C Pilot trying to redo KNLC......
Views: 729

Re: Real World F/A-18C Pilot trying to redo KNLC......

My guess is that it might not be possible but would take quite a few waypoints and would increase the size of the flightplan file significantly. The main issue though is likely to be the weather. You wouldn't have a dynamic change in flightplans so the approaches would all be to one runway, and if t...
by Firebird
11 Feb 2010, 07:07
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Growler wins against F22!!!
Replies: 26
Views: 1063

Re: Growler wins against F22!!!

Isn't it about time you started shooting the away team? It makes your friends very nervous. :lol:
by Firebird
10 Feb 2010, 07:49
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AI V-22 OSPREY
Replies: 6
Views: 657

Re: AI V-22 OSPREY

I will be honest here, I haven't even thought about trying to convert a flyable one to AI. My main reasoning here is that the fde would need to be in sync with the flight phase, i.e. the engine rotation.

It would seem to me that you would need a specifically designed AI model for this.
by Firebird
09 Feb 2010, 20:54
Topic: Poll: A question for everyone, about their FS set-up.
Replies: 12
Views: 481

Re: Poll: A question for everyone, about their FS set-up.

I tend to leave things alone but there are some mdl sizes that are so out of wack that I alter the size to the real life size.
by Firebird
09 Feb 2010, 07:33
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Aircraft lights Entries in the .CFG file: Explained
Replies: 19
Views: 8092

Re: Aircraft lights Entries in the .CFG file: Explained

If there is no effect specified for a light and yet there is still a light showing then it has been hard coded into the model. If you haven't got a tool like ACM to help you then it can be a bit of a task to try and work out the exact position but once you do you can then add your own landing light ...
by Firebird
08 Feb 2010, 22:38
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Funny Youtube vid
Replies: 10
Views: 548

Re: Funny Youtube vid

Oh really, my German isn't up to much then. I thought he was complaining that we wouldn't listen to his package suggestions.
by Firebird
07 Feb 2010, 08:26
Topic: Real World F/A-18C Pilot trying to redo KNLC......
Views: 729

Re: Real World F/A-18C Pilot trying to redo KNLC......

As Dan said, we have a lot of ideas and some never come to fruition this is why we don't announce packages in advance. However, we do sometimes give glances of a possible future in our piccys on the home page. If something appears there you have a better chance than most. I would say that you have r...
by Firebird
06 Feb 2010, 12:05
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW
Replies: 208
Views: 16877

Re: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW

OK the answer is yes, that is the folder that you have the jaguar bgls in. Trust me there is no way that MS default scenery would be that good. If you don't believe me try disabling that directory in your scenery.cfg and checking it out.
by Firebird
05 Feb 2010, 20:52

If you delete the 1GXC and 2GXC then the Jag flypast won't work. Mike created them specifically for that. You will have to have spoil your GPS display I am afraid. This scenery was one of Ian's early works and does not include a fence. I confess to badgering him a bit about it and as his skills and ...
by Firebird
05 Feb 2010, 07:02
Topic: MAIW Model/parking radius standards - What are they?
Replies: 8
Views: 323

Re: MAIW Model/parking radius standards - What are they?

That's right the mdl size gets set in the compilation. Its also used by FS9 its its aircraft menu, i.e. the rotating view of the individual model. If it looks too far away, then that is due to the mdl size, making it smaller will make the aircraft appear closer, and obviously the opposite is true. T...
by Firebird
04 Feb 2010, 20:46
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX
Replies: 306
Views: 51363

Re: Support for MAIW Packages in FSX

There are two schools of thought about where the "Addon Scenery/Scenery" folder should go, just above the default MS folders, as it is in a clean condition, or stay at the very top, as it is in the clean condition. I think it comes down to personal choice as both ways have their advantages...
by Firebird
04 Feb 2010, 20:36

No there isn't, they were designed by Mike Mac and he wanted them there. He does the same with his NEUMAI package as well.
They work there, its just not the norm. You delete the scenery and you delete the traffic as well.
by Firebird
04 Feb 2010, 20:18
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: MIG-29's
Replies: 61
Views: 4503

Re: MIG-29's

Ah yes, Juan. You are correct it looks like its one of those that got corrupted.
Hopefully Mark will see your request and will reload it for you.
by Firebird
04 Feb 2010, 20:13
Topic: MAIW Model/parking radius standards - What are they?
Replies: 8
Views: 323

Re: MAIW Model/parking radius standards - What are they?

Hi Dan, That standard isn't what I would call an MAIW standard. It was just stating two actual figures. The 22m I got from taking the actual wingspan dividing by 2 and converting to metres. I can't recall what the relevant aircraft I was talking about now but it sounds like a way of overcoming a pro...
by Firebird
04 Feb 2010, 19:37

OK simply put this folder has to be below any other folder that is likely to call it. An airfield scenery can't call an object that FS9 doesn't know about. It loads in strict priority order. So realistically, when in the FS9 scenery list it should be as low as possible in exactly the same way that w...
by Firebird
04 Feb 2010, 19:12
Topic: AI Model
Replies: 4
Views: 451

Re: AI Model

As far as I know it is, Dan.
Although I am wanting to be proved wrong here.