The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 9370 matches

by Firebird
27 Feb 2009, 16:44
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: RAF Valley AI
Replies: 6
Views: 330

Hi Guy, I can help you out with the first bit, if you pm me I can send you the basic files that will enable you to add your textures and get your aircraft available. I did a google on 'pai installer error 103 vista' and did find a work around but it involves going in and changing your environmental ...
by Firebird
27 Feb 2009, 07:48
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: AIG 757 NASA
Replies: 13
Views: 980

I know that when they came out the AIG one had xml flaps and slats on take off and reverse thrusters, but when the SD upgrade came out I think that all these features were matched by Aardvark. I remember that there was quite a discussion at the time and this was condensed in this thread http://milit...
by Firebird
26 Feb 2009, 21:54
Topic: MIG-29's
Replies: 61
Views: 4495

Mark, please don't think I am ungrateful but when you get some spare time is there any chance that you could do the Hungarians for the new CIS An-26 model just released. Its on avsim as is the paintkit.

Very nice it looks too.
by Firebird
26 Feb 2009, 00:07
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: A bunch of CIS Antonov An-24, An-26 & An-32
Replies: 3
Views: 532

Hiya, Rip.
Yes I noticed those now what we need are some Hungarian schemes, although I always seem to be asking some poor sole for those.
by Firebird
24 Feb 2009, 19:38
Topic: NBAI A-4 Repaints Thread
Replies: 78
Views: 4487

Ah, I can answer this one. Mark and Laurie are in the process of putting a package together for RAN and RNZAF A-4s, which will include some new scenery of their NZ airbase plus some updates to the VOZ scenery for the RAN base. All permissions have been sought and received and its in the testing proc...
by Firebird
23 Feb 2009, 19:55
Topic: Can't remember....
Replies: 2
Views: 113

It must have been a weird moment as I searched for 'Mesa', got 175 returns and when sorted by date I believe that the required beastie was on the first page. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004aia&DLID=124948 . Is that the one, or this one? http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatI...
by Firebird
22 Feb 2009, 17:45
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: E3A ETNG realistic operations
Replies: 25
Views: 1130

Ah, not quite, the day of the week is part of the time so its ,TNG1/07:30, not ,1/TNG07:30, . Also its better if you don't end on a TNG leg, a learned man once told me that it can be unpredictable, so if you want TNGs back at ETNG then add another leg ETNG-ETNG at the end using the same TNG time int...
by Firebird
22 Feb 2009, 15:09
Topic: E3A ETNG realistic operations
Replies: 25
Views: 1130

OK well the first thing is that to program TNGs you have to do it another way. You have it depart at 06:00 for TNGs at ETNJ until 07:30, then the next leg departs ETNJ at 07:33, optimum time here but must be before 5 mins, to land at ETNG. What you have is a straight transit to ETNJ, to land, follow...
by Firebird
21 Feb 2009, 11:31
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: MGAI KC-10
Replies: 60
Views: 4577

Thanks, Martin. I did not know that FSX did that, so maybe I should rephrase what I said earlier in as much as, in FS9, the wingspan in the aircraft.cfg is ignored. For you FSX users out there, it may be worth noting then that a lot of FS9 AI FDE's do not use the correct wingspan in aircraft.cfg as ...
by Firebird
21 Feb 2009, 11:22
Topic: MIG-29's
Replies: 61
Views: 4495

Me too. Now just the L-39s ....
by Firebird
20 Feb 2009, 19:35
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: USAF getting sued over JSF training base
Replies: 11
Views: 347

Jeez you guys are getting as mental as us!
by Firebird
20 Feb 2009, 19:32
Topic: AI F-4 Phantom II
Replies: 9
Views: 525

Mark Walsh released some cammo RF-4C schemes for Nick's RF-4 but I don't think he has released any cammo F-4E's yet. Check for his name on avsim.
by Firebird
20 Feb 2009, 16:40
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: AFCAD Question
Replies: 4
Views: 316

Cool, useful bit of subterfuge there.
by Firebird
19 Feb 2009, 17:29

OK, lets do one thing at a time. If his RF-4Es are not showing up its probably due to the fact that those versions did not have the aircraft radius set to 9m, but the FSDS default of 20m, for that model. Open the Aircraft Editor in the AFCAD tool and amend all the RF-4E models to 9m and you will pro...
by Firebird
18 Feb 2009, 21:45

Any particular model?
When you mean cammo, do you mean non-USN aircraft?
Also do you mean Vietnam War era schemes or schemes from the Vietnam theatre ?

Sorry, I know that's more questions than you asked.
by Firebird
18 Feb 2009, 08:17
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Langley AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 66
Views: 6912

Mav, They are the main components, but there maybe other things such as afcads as well. If you are in any doubt I would suggest downloading the original and having a look as to what is included. I seem to remember that it also came with an uninstaller menu item, although if like me you do a manual i...
by Firebird
17 Feb 2009, 07:22
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: CTD Problem...Any Ideas
Replies: 3
Views: 227

That's useful info to know, although I am surprised at the crashes with me I find that I get a temporary lock up followed by a complete reload of all the textures, but maybe its a graphics handling thing.
by Firebird
17 Feb 2009, 07:18
Topic: Missing taxiways
Views: 415

Paul, Your kind words are accepted on behalf of everyone here. Its always nice to see a resolution, and and an individuals knowledge enhanced. Also many thanks for posting the cause as there is no doubt that this will occur for somebody else and will save them a bunch of time, plus our knowledge has...
by Firebird
16 Feb 2009, 19:17
Topic: Avsim slow
Replies: 8
Views: 283

Nope, its not you, mate.
by Firebird
16 Feb 2009, 17:18
Topic: AFCAD Question
Replies: 4
Views: 316

Jake, Afcad doesn't seem to have a path in its cfg file so I am guessing that it picks up the default fs9 path from the registry. Maybe the new install, if it was a complete install, has its path picked up first. It may even be that it picks up the last one you ran. This is pure speculation on my pa...